• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narrowed It Down

DoulaMel

Disney Doula
We have only ever been to the Crystal Palace - and that was about ten years ago. We had six kids and I remember having to sell one of them to afford the meal for all eight of us.

We are going back this fall, and there will be only three in our group and we think we can manage a few restaurants this trip. :flower: The most popular are not always the most delicious and we were sort of hoping for both.

It looks like for experience, Cinderella's Table, Tusker House, Be Our Guest, Akershus, Sci Fi Dine in and Satu-li are the places to be. There was also something, somewhere about the best pizza in Epcot. If you had to choose one or two of these places for food experience, which would it be and if you had to choose for dining experience which would it be?

Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Akershus are all in castles. Setting is beautiful - food is ok. Out of all 3 I would say BOG dinner is my favorite. For the rest, if it wasn't for the setting and characters, it would be off our list.

Sci-Fi: Fun sitting in cars, I dont like though that front seat/back seat dont face each other but I get why.

Never been to TH or Satu-li so can't comment.

Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Akershus are all in castles. Setting is beautiful - food is ok. Out of all 3 I would say BOG dinner is my favorite. For the rest, if it wasn't for the setting and characters, it would be off our list.

Sci-Fi: Fun sitting in cars, I dont like though that front seat/back seat dont face each other but I get why.

Never been to TH or Satu-li so can't comment.

Thank you so much! It does seem like it is one or another - food vs. experience...

BOG dinner gives you the chance to see the Beast. We weren't fond of the dinner menu though. If you have people in your group that are into princesses then I would do Akershus over CRT. For atmosphere and experience alone I would do CRT.

SciFi is fun but nothing worth going broke over.

Via Napoli has the pizza in EPCOT. We've had good experiences there but it can get some mixed reviews. I hear Blaze pizza in DS is great.

I figure I have just around a week to sort it out and then I will have to book it....

BOG lunch is a great way to be in the beautiful castle, eat good lunch food and not pay dinner prices.
I would not pay for CRT. I do not believe it is worth the money (we've done it twice and both times I left wondering why I had done it!)

we have been to crt for breakfast and it was fun with all the princesses coming to the tables

Depending on your group I would try to do royal table for a breakfast and then try to do lunch in the beast castle or dinner as you can have a glass of wine with dinner.

We have done Tusker house for breakfast and had lunch and dinner in ak as there are a lot of options. Tusker house is also a buffet so there are options for everyone

We didn't do akershus castle as we didn't like the menu

The Sifi diner was good but we didn't like eating in The dark. I would say though that the food wasn't any better than something else in the park

The 50's prime time diner was better if you have the time to seat and eat

Vai Napoli is good but make sure to get a reservation as it can be business at lunch and dinner. You can also get pizza to go

Depending your group we always like the early breakfasts as you can see the park with less people and you can always have something lighter at bf and get out to the park.

Hope this helps and Good luck!

we have been to crt for breakfast and it was fun with all the princesses coming to the tables

Depending on your group I would try to do royal table for a breakfast and then try to do lunch in the beast castle or dinner as you can have a glass of wine with dinner.

We have done Tusker house for breakfast and had lunch and dinner in ak as there are a lot of options. Tusker house is also a buffet so there are options for everyone

We didn't do akershus castle as we didn't like the menu

The Sifi diner was good but we didn't like eating in The dark. I would say though that the food wasn't any better than something else in the park

The 50's prime time diner was better if you have the time to seat and eat

Vai Napoli is good but make sure to get a reservation as it can be business at lunch and dinner. You can also get pizza to go

Depending your group we always like the early breakfasts as you can see the park with less people and you can always have something lighter at bf and get out to the park.

Hope this helps and Good luck!

BEWARE!!! Pizza to Go is NOT Via Napoli pizza. It is a seasonal stand offering vile Disney pizza to go seasonally.
Of your choices I would choose CRT for breakfast for the Castle experience the most cost effectively.
I agree with the suggestion for 50's PTC in DHS for both good food and a fun experience.
None of your others stand out to meet your criteria to me

I think we will do Akershus and BOG, for sure. We will leave Tusker and see if we can book it through Touring Plans later.... and whatever happens happens. Thank you so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter