Narrowing down Disney breakfasts

MinnieMouse3

Earning My Ears
Hello! Trying to narrow down the reservations we would like for an upcoming trip in February. It will be two adults in their early 30s staying at the Swan. I would like to do one character meal and can’t decide between Cape May Cafe (would be closer to the swan but I have done it before and mickey isn’t there) or ‘Ohana (haven’t had breakfast here before but food seems more limited). I am also really wanting to do Boma (have been before), Kona (new) and Homecomin’ (new for breakfast) but this is starting to be a lot of breakfast choices! So what would you pick between Cape May and ‘Ohana? And what breakfast/ brunch should be lowest priority between Kona, Boma and Honecomin’?

Appreciate any opinions!

We all love stitch, normally; however, for our last trip, he acted like the mouse put a zap collar on him. No pranks, just straight to the table picture and next.
Ohana was very much underwhelming, borderline awful in November.

Food, when served, looked like leftovers, and did not appear "just cooked" was not great.
Service was very SLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWW,

BOMA was so mediocre in Feb we skipped it this trip,

CapeMay was great.... you can walk right to it, and the food has never let us down....

My kids 22,20,14, did Chef Mickey's with my mother and loved it,
The family said Whispering Canyon, or whatever its called at WL, was good. I don't want 900 bottles of kethup, so I skipped it.

I would go with KONA for lunch or dinner.....

But if you're staying at the Swan and love Asian or Sushi, I would go downstairs and check out their sushi,

Its been a minute since I have gotten back there but the food is always great....

We have never been to Ohana but have enjoyed Cape May. We always love Boma. You did not mention them but other favorite breakfasts are Ale & Compass at YC and WCC at WL.

We did not love Boma, it was fine just not the spectacular breakfast everyone talks about. We ate at Cape May during Covid reopening and it was decent but I can’t report on it as a character meal.

As mentioned above, Ale & Compass is really good and we have also enjoyed Trattoria al Forno both of which are easily walkable for you coming from the Swan.

I know Ohana getting a lot of bad press lately but we just ate there a couple weeks ago and it was good! My 6 yr old was melting down in the parks so I took her back to our hotel. I checked the app and saw there was a 12:00 “breakfast” reservation at Ohana. We drove over and it was great! We both really liked the food, the service was good, and it was the chill experience we both needed. I really like how Ohana isn’t very loud. So between a buffet at Cape May and Ohana I’d pick Ohana.

But if you do Ohana don’t do Kona. For the other choices I’d pick Boma just to walk around AKL.

I know Ohana getting a lot of bad press lately but we just ate there a couple weeks ago and it was good! My 6 yr old was melting down in the parks so I took her back to our hotel. I checked the app and saw there was a 12:00 “breakfast” reservation at Ohana. We drove over and it was great! We both really liked the food, the service was good, and it was the chill experience we both needed. I really like how Ohana isn’t very loud. So between a buffet at Cape May and Ohana I’d pick Ohana.

But if you do Ohana don’t do Kona. For the other choices I’d pick Boma just to walk around AKL.

I know it's not listed, but, if you want to see Mickey, I highly recommend Topolino's - IMHO, the best character breakfast on property. Otherwise, I think it's a toss-up between Cape May and 'Ohana - the food is mediocre, at best, at both. I agree with PP, if you do 'Ohana, cross Kona off your list.

Last edited:
Ohana and Boma. Ohana is a lot of fun and I love visiting the Poly. Boma has the most interesting menu of all the options.

Honestly I never go off people’s opinions on service, because there are so many variables and it’s inconsistent from time to time. The reality is Disney customer service is very good overall in their restaurants IMO.

With that being said, I think the Ohana/ Cape May decision comes down to food preference and most importantly character preference.

On your other question, I would maybe consider vibe desired. Disney Springs at Art Smith will be a much different vibe than the others.

Hello! Trying to narrow down the reservations we would like for an upcoming trip in February. It will be two adults in their early 30s staying at the Swan. I would like to do one character meal and can’t decide between Cape May Cafe (would be closer to the swan but I have done it before and mickey isn’t there) or ‘Ohana (haven’t had breakfast here before but food seems more limited). I am also really wanting to do Boma (have been before), Kona (new) and Homecomin’ (new for breakfast) but this is starting to be a lot of breakfast choices! So what would you pick between Cape May and ‘Ohana? And what breakfast/ brunch should be lowest priority between Kona, Boma and Honecomin’?

Appreciate any opinions!

I've done both Cape May Cafe and Ohana, and would choose Cape May Cafe by far. Of the other 3, my first choice would be Homecoming, with my last Kona. And I agree with the poster who suggested Trattoria al Forno (not sure of the spelling)-my favorite breakfast. Ale and Compass was OK, but service was very rushed-as an example, when my server brought my tea, I noticed there was no milk/cream, but she was gone so fast she didn't even hear me ask her.

Between the two, I'd pick Cape May. Characters are cute in their beach attire and it's easy to get to and then you can walk into EPCOT or Hollywood Studios. At the risk of further complicating your options, I've heard that breakfast at Rosa Mexicano, across from the Swan over at the Dolphin, is outstanding. Churro Mickey waffles!

Early Boma - take a taxi or uber to AKL, unless that is where you are staying - then plan a AK day or early morning, if park hopper, bus to CR and walk to MK, or bus to YC and walk to EPCOT, or boat to DHS ...... - no park hopper - then bus back to AKL and take a bus to DTD or from AKpark bus back to your hotel and do a pool day.

We like Cape May too for breakfast = characters spend time with each table, and Ohana has nice characters you do not see in the Parks and a great fruit basket to start off your meal with.
Look at the menus and seen the price and what foods you will most eat for your money

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter