National Car Rental @ MCO

fixintodie

DVC Member-BCV 2002
We arrive at MCO on Feb 8th via Southwest Air and we are renting a car from National. This is the first time we've rented a car at the airport in Orlando, we've been using Tiffany to get to WDW for years. Would someone be kind enough to give me directions to the National area at the airport from the baggage claim area? I assume there are signs around the area but I'd feel better if I had good directions in advance. We'll be in a rush to get checked in at the resort and over to the MK for SpectroMagic.

Thanks in advance

After you get your bags, you go one level down and the rental car counters are there. I'm assuming you need to go to the counter (EA members bypass the counters).

Here's a tip: I get the bags and my husband goes to the counter (when we're not using EA). By the time he is done, I have usually gotten the bags and away we go.

Once you get your car checked out, you go right out the doors to the parking gargage and pick out your car. National actually lets you choose your own car from the size you rented. This is a great option, because you surely don't want a White car.

N2MM follows the same system we use. We love National at MCO - we'll be picking up a car off the Emerald Aisle on Saturday.

By the way, the rates have been dropping dramatically for February travel -- if you made your reservation even a week or two ago, you might want to check to see if they've come down.

Had to laugh at the white car comment. For some reason, although I travel frequently, this was a lesson I was a little late in learning. My daughter still gets a big laugh over the afternoon we spent in the Animal Kingdom parking lot going from white rental car to white rental car looking for ours. She swears the sea gulls were laughing at me. . .

Judy:rolleyes:

Fixintodie:

I just re-read your post, and saw that you're arriving the same day we are. I just got my full size rental car for 8 days for a total of $169, with taxes. The rates have been dropping for the last 2 weeks. That was with a discount for Emerald Aisle and the moussavers coupon.

If you go to moussavers, you can get a code from either WalMart or Vacation Outlet that should get you about the same rate -- and the Vacation Outlet coupon gives you $15 off.

Here's hoping for great weather!!

Judy

TheLeonhardts,
NEXT TIME HANG A BRIGHT COLORED BANDANA FROM YOUR
REAR VIEW MIRROR TO HELP YOU PICK OUT YOUR CAR.
WE ALSO DID THAT WITH OUR RENTAL STROLLER AT THE PARKS ..
IT WORKS OUT GREAT!
WE ALSO DO THAT WITH OUR LUGGAGE...
IT WILL HELP LOTS,,, I PROMISE.

This will be the first time that my husband and I will be flying to MCO (we usually drive down with the family). I signed us up for the Emerald Club and have reserved a car in the EA, but what do I do once I get to the airport? The above post sounds as if we don't go to the counter if we are using the EA. So where is the EA, and what do we do once we find it? Is there a National Car associate there for us to sign papers or something? Thanks for any further help.

Luv2Travel:

When you get to MCO, follow the signs towards the rental car counters. Just before you get to the counters, exit the airport through the doors that will lead you across the street to the parking garage. The National cars will be marked, as well as the car classes. You can pick a car from the Emerald Aisle, or from the aisle containing the class of car you made a reservation for. You then just drive to the exit and give the attendant your driver's license, emerald club card, and credit card. They will enter the appropriate information into the computer and give you back a copy of your contract. You did all the other paperwork when you signed up for the emerald club. I usually also give them a printed copy of my reservation. However, I tend to make multiple reservations and cancel old ones as I get better rates -- and sometimes all those old, cancelled reservations in the computer confuse the attendant - so, I try to make it clear which reservation is current. If you've just made one reservation, the attendant should be able to find it with your emerald club card.

Judy

Thank you Judy for the detailed information on the EA. It's been so long since I've even rented a car - I wasn't sure how any of that worked. :o :)
Jessica

i've made so many changes with my reservations and i don't know if i've cancelled all of them ( i also have done this with alamo)
do you get charged if you have a reservation but don't pick up the car? they have my credit card info already. do you know how to check to see if all my reservations got cancelled?
thanks

Maps:

If you know all the reservation numbers you can view/change/cancel from the National web site. If you don't know all the reservation numbers, you can call the 1-800-CAR-RENT number or the Emerald Club number and ask an agent to go through all of your reservations, based on your emerald club number. I don't believe they'll charge you for uncancelled reservations, but it doesn't hurt to tidy up the old in box. . .

Judy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter