National counter vs aisle service

klynn

DIS Veteran
At the Jacksonville Airport they only offer counter service. As an Emerald Club Member will I still be able to pick a car from the Aisle or do they not even have an Emerald Aisle?

We flew into Jacksonville in May, 2002 and used National. We are EC members and always use EA when it is available, so I had a similar concern. We were pleasantly surprised on arrival to see a sign at the National desk inside the airport directing EC members with reservations to bypass the counter and go directly to the garage. They do not have the large number of EA cars like at MCO, but they had a line up of full size (which I had reserved) and midsize ready to go. As I approached the National area, an attendant asked me for my reservation confirmation, asked me which car I wanted, took the confirmation and my EC card, drivers license, etc, went into the booth to process paperwork while I loaded the car. He returned in about 2 minutes and we were soon on our way. It did not take any longer than my experience using EA at MCO.

BTW, National and Alamo had already combined operations at the Jacksonville airport at that time, so the booth (really a small portable office enclosure) had both National and Alamo signs. The cars were in different aisles of the garage, however.

Ralph

Thanks, Ralph! Did they have an EA or did you pick your car from the full size aisle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter