NC Dis-Meet anyone?

Bwalker

Mouseketeer
I thought I would start a new thread to see if there was any interest in having a Dis-meet here in NC. I know jimmy/tammy are up for it -- anyone else????

A few years back, a few of us Dissers and Disney nuts would get together and have dinner, play Disney music, share stories and pictures, trade pins and talk talk talk .... Disney of course - on a regular basis.

It was lots of fun, but it does take some organization, so if anyone would like to either take ownership of this or help me in organzing it, let's give it a go :)

If there's enough of us, we could meet at a restaurant that has a private meeting/dining room. Barry's in Cary has one that's real convenient, as does the new Courtney's. Or maybe we could meet closer to Durham/Chapel Hill for our Greensboro buddies :)

Let me know,
Buongiorno,
Bwalker (Lorraine)

I'm in. I live in Durham, so either direction would be fine by me. I might be able to talk DH into it, but he gets weird about message boards.

Depends on when and where - and if hopeful non owners are welcome :)
I'd love to meet up with folks but the next two months are pretty busy for me.

That said, Chapel hill would be great as well as Raleigh or Charlotte or Gso.

Southpoint Mall (?) in Raleigh/Durham or Concord Outlets near Charlotte could offer multiple reasons to go <grin>:rotfl:

I could possibly make a weekend meet...it sounds like fun! I've been a member since 1999, and remember the NC meets being discussed a few years ago, but I could never participate due to my children's sports game schedules. Now that they are 18,16,14, and 13, my weekends are less hectic(the oldest 2 are driving!). I live 45 minutes south of Greensboro, 55 minutes north of Charlotte, and 35 minutes from Winston-Salem. In other words, I am right in the middle of NC! It would take me approximately 1.5 hours to get to RDU...that's where we fly out from if flying to Orlando. I would not want to meet any further away than that, as I would likely be coming alone...kids and DH don't speak Disney!

Depending upon location (Charlotte is too far.........3 hours:sad2: ), we'd like to be there.:thumbsup2

We could go if it was around Winston-Salem or Greensboro. Raleigh is just too long in a car for us.

Looks like we may want to split this into two? Raleigh/Charlotte? I don't think I would be willing to drive the 2+ hrs to Charlotte.

Just about anywhere in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill works for us. We are in Durham, but about a mile from the Wake Cty line. Most points in the Triangle are < 30 min.

DH wants in too actually. I can never predict that guy.

Big Brian is working on having a meet in April at Crabtree Valley in Raleigh. I know it is too far for people in other parts of the state but for those near the Triangle it is already in the planning stages.

http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter