• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Neat photo

FlameGirl

DIS Veteran
I didn't take this photo (I sure wish I had), but wanted to share it because I think it's just beautiful.

3902685416_7ea6f909d3.jpg

Three cosplayers dressed as Merryweather, Princess Aurora, and Flora from Disney’s Sleeping Beauty take a break from cosplaying it up at Dragon*Con 2009 to visit the Georgia Aquarium.

The picture looks neat but I'm confused at why they are there. What is cosplaying? Playing in a costume? So they left the convention and went to an aquarium in their costumes? :confused3 Just trying to understand.

The picture looks neat but I'm confused at why they are there. What is cosplaying? Playing in a costume? So they left the convention and went to an aquarium in their costumes? :confused3 Just trying to understand.

They were at DragonCon (from their website: Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the US.) and then yes, the picture was taken at the Atlanta Aquarium while still in their costumes.

Edited to add: I looked up cosplaying on Wikipedia because I wasn't familiar with the term, either: Cosplay, short for "costume roleplay",[1] is a fan labor type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. It goes on to explain in further detail, but I think you get the idea.

Oh, ok, thanks, very interesting. I've seen people dress up like star wars and star trek but not Disney movies if they weren't at DLR. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter