Need a New Camera

KarBear

DIS Veteran
Hi Folks!
I will be going to the World Aug20th-28th and am looking for a new digital camera. Currently I have a Kodak but it's a couple years old. I am looking for something that takes great pics and is small.
I have seen so many great pics on the DIS I thought I would ask for some suggestions.

Does anyone have a great camera that takes clear photos and is rather slimline. I would like to stay with Kodiak but am open to suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

I recently purchased a slim line camera for the exact same reason. I have a older kodak and a Nikon DSLR neither of which I thought would work for the world. I recently ordered a olympus fe-370 off of costco.com They had the camera a case and a 1GB card for 99.99

I have a Canon Powershot SD500 that is several years old and is small. I hooked it on the end of a lanyard on my last trip to Disney, and I barely knew it was there. They don't make my particular model anymore, but they have updated versions. You can see the pictures I took with it at jupiter.smugmug.com/Disney. The only drawback with it is that it's not very good in low-light without setting it on something, but that's going to be true of all small lens cameras.

If you currently have a Kodak digital and it is two years old ... you will do fine selecting a Nikon or Canon shoot and point around $200-300, as the electronics have been enhanced significantly over the last two years.

DPReview.com had a great series of tests of Point & Shoot cameras a few months ago. The series was broken down to: economy; compact; full featured; etc. This should help with finding the best cameras in each type.

The Nikon Coolpix is a great little camera. If you follow the link in my siggie you can look at some of the Nikon shots I took before I bought a Canon dslr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter