Need advice on a few hotels (kidsuites)

Cherlynn25

Mouseketeer
We decided last minute to take a trip to disney this weekend. We really want a kidsuite hotel (or reg suite) so far i have narrowed it down to a few, any info or experience with any would be great!

Buena Vista Suites (97queen/117king)
Holiday Inn Family Suites (129)
Holiday Inn Maingate East (85)
Holiday Inn Sunspree (89)

I dont want a dump. But we want to stay around 100 if we can. Would love to stay on property but rooms just arent set up the way we want. (2 boys under 4) No way they boys will go to sleep with us in the bed next to them, plus no privacy for mom and dad. Big concern for dad, lol! Any other suggestions??
Thank you =)
Cheryl

We stayed at HIFS and Loved it!! WE stayed with or oldest DD and the GrandBaby,DH,DW me,and 14yr.,give me privacy,teen DD. We ask for a Disney Themed room which was terrific for Disney Magic!!

The master bedroom suite Door was Fabulous!! DH and I had great sleep,we didn't hear teens tv[adjustable speakers in the bunks] or cd player. We did hear the grandbaby fuss alittle but not so much as to distrub DH or my sleep.And a tv. dressing table/computer port and a phone

The bathroom was Big with 3 high built in shelfs.

The livingroom had a fold out sofa. There was enough room at night for the crib to be by the bed. They also have high chairs. there was a short refridgerator,micowave ,cupboards and a sink.And a Tv and phone.

The Kidsuite has a curtain door. Bunk beds,a trundle bed[sm. bed close to the floor] on request.It has a cd player,tv/vcr with nintendo 64[games rent for $5.00 per 24 hours] and a Bedtime Story Phone. Plus a small activity table with 2chairs[that can be used to eat at.]

Plus the added feature of being only 1 mile from thr Epcot WDW gate!!

I would suggest a car with this Resort.

After we stayed here we moved to All Stars,We were disaappointed that it was like any other motel room wih NO theming of any kind!! And we all missed the seperate sleeping areas!!

We stayed one night at the Sunspree the night before our Dolphin reservation began. The kids 16 & 7 loved it. The place is set up for kids (not theming as an afterthought). There is a special window for kids to check in and get a packet of stuff. They have a little theatre in the lobby with a magic show, an arcade type room where you can even pay for an hour of internet at a time if you like), the suites were too cute. The pool was large and lots of places for kids to eat. Maintenance came and tried and tried to get one of our remote T.V.'s to transmit in espanol for us. They were great. I adore the onsite hotels and would I stay there again? If I had small children and couldn't be onsite, yes. Call them direct and tell them you only have a certain budget and see if they can give you a special, the staff was so great.

I've stayed at both HIFS and HIME...if its privacy you want then you should go with HIFS. They actually have a separate bedroom with a door that locks!! HIME meerly has a room dividor type wall that doesnt go all the way to the ceiling, and your bed is right beside the wall. The kids can hear your TV, etc. and you can hear theirs. Also, there really is little room to move around at HIME...the bed takes up the whole space. It would be OK for a night or 2 but as far as privacy goes, HIFS is it.
HTH

Of the four listed, I would say HIFS is your best bet for all the reasons listed above.

However, if you want a true 2 br 2 bath suite next time, try the Maririott Residence Inn LBV thru quikbook.com for $l05 nitely. I just checked availability for you this weekend, and they are booked. However the Summerfield Suites by Wyndham, (another true 2 br 2 bath suite hotel) in LBV is showing availability for $l49. including bkfst.

Both of these hotels are in dt disney area north of the HIFS.

I like the dad needs privacy comment, LOL.

Herc

ok, well now i have reservations at 2
HIFS (109 a night, florida residents rate)
and at
Buena Vista suites (109 a night except sat is 149!)
Prob will cancel the bvs since sat is 40 more.
We are so excited, thank you all for your help
Cheryl =):pinkbounc

IF you opt for the HIFS, ask for the family value plan , if it is still available. It was available 2 weeks ago. For 125 a night you get bfast buffet and dinner buffet. The buffets really weren't to my liking, but if it a bargain you are lookign for it is a good deal :)

I made reservations at Comfort Suites Maingate East for $60 night for king size suite in October. They have free breakfast and shuttles. I never stayed there but, I here it is very roomy and nice.

WOW!! We are at HIFS right now and it has been wonderful!!! We love it. The rooms are nice, def perfect for our family. Wouldnt prob recommend this for teens but great for younger kids! Went to disney today, rained allllll day but we still had fun, short lines for everything =) Thanks for all your help! Oh and the buffets..... well we bought the dinner one last night and wont be doing that again! Breakfast isnt bad and its free. Thanks again!
Cheryl and family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter