Need DVC resort advice

Maus

Mouseketeer
We want to rent at a DVC resort next year. My mom will be coming with us and we have two kids, age 2 and 6. We would like to have two bedrooms so that my mom can share with our son and we would stay in the other with our daughter. What would be the best resort to rent and do we have to go for a two bedroom villa or can we do two connected rooms? Any help and input appreciated. We would like to avoid sofa beds :)

You can have 2 rooms not connected or a 2 bedroom.

You need to look at the Disney website for more info on what the villas offer, you can also look at the DVC website.

:earsboy: Bill

You can have 2 rooms not connected or a 2 bedroom.

You need to look at the Disney website for more info on what the villas offer, you can also look at the DVC website.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you. I am a little overwhelmed :) I guess the two bedroom villas are still more expensive? How easy will it be to rent at BLT a two bedroom ?

Google DVC points chart and you can see what the points are for the DVC properties, rooms and time of year you plan to go. We are new BLT owners so I am sure someone else can share specifics, but availability depends on when you go. If you are going during a popular time, you'll want to rent from a BLT owner so they can book right at the 11 month mark. Someone else can probably also speak to availability of 2 bedrooms. It seems 1 BR lake view has the most inventory at BLT so that is the one most widely available. I will say, we have stayed in the BLT 2 BR with my inlaws and 2 kids and it was heavenly!

One other thing which can confuse people.... The DVC point room inventory is NOT the same as what you see for cash inventory. Sooooo, just b/c something is available for cash does not mean it is available for points. DVC people plan Super far in advance as compared to your average traveler so stuff is snagged early on.

Thank you. I am a little overwhelmed :) I guess the two bedroom villas are still more expensive? How easy will it be to rent at BLT a two bedroom ?

It all depends on when you want to go and how far out you book.

With the size of your family, you could do a BLT one bedroom. King sized bed in the bedroom, queen sleeper sofa and twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. Plus a full bathroom just off the entrance for your mom and son to use.

The only way you get connected rooms at a DVC resort is by getting a two bedroom lockoff. That would be a one bedroom that connects to a studio with a door between them that can be opened to make a two bedroom villa. The studio portion would have a queen sized bed and double sleeper sofa (except at OKW where there would be two queen beds) and a kitchenette.

Studios never connect to each other, so if you got two studios the best you could be would be close to each other but not connected. You wouldn't want to book two hotel rooms using DVC points because they would cost more doing it that way than booking directly from Disney.

So you want 3 real beds? And your 2 yo will sleep in the pack n play? You could book 2 OKW studios and attempt the request "travel with" which was recently reported to get rooms close together. It would always have the risk though of the rooms being far apart. But that is the only way to get 3 actual beds in studios and none connect.

For 2BR's you would want a dedicated which at all resorts other than BCV would provide 2 beds in the second bedroom. BCV has some dedicated 2BR's that only have 1 bed plus a sofa sleeper in the second bedroom. BWV does not have the configuration that you are looking for.

So for 2BR's that could work: BLT, VWL, BCV (need to specify), OKW, SSR and AKV. Or 2 studios at OKW.

We want to rent at a DVC resort next year. My mom will be coming with us and we have two kids, age 2 and 6. We would like to have two bedrooms so that my mom can share with our son and we would stay in the other with our daughter. What would be the best resort to rent and do we have to go for a two bedroom villa or can we do two connected rooms? Any help and input appreciated. We would like to avoid sofa beds :)
I'd go with the 2 BR but just so you're aware, OKW, AKV (Kidani building) and BLT 1 BR units will sleep 5 and AKV (Kidani building) and BLT will have a second BR off the 1 BR unit. IF finances are an issue, that might be an option. The setup is a King in the master plus a queen pullout and a twin pullout both in the LR.

Again, we don't know how much finances are, but you could also look at the Tree House Villas at Saratoga Springs. That is a 3 bedroom for the price of a 2 1/2 bedroom.

blt would be my best - you can walk to the MK - monorail to Epcot
OKW would be the most reasonable renting from a DVC member.

you can get both - with 2 queens in the second bedfroom - the master only has a king.

the sleeper chair (twin) gets pretty good reviews here. both also have it.

BLT has 3 bathrooms in their 2 bedroom, while OKW has 2 bathrooms in their
2 bedroom.

both have 3 tv's

a 2-bedroom villa is not cheap - although renting a reservation from a DVC member should bring it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter