• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Hard Rock Hotel Info

yepod

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have the phone # for the HR Hotel?
Looking for any feedback about rates, experiences, etc.

Thanks!

From the Universal Orlando website:

5800 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819

Phone:
800-BE-A-STAR

Opening Date:
January 19, 2001

Capacity:
650 rooms

Hard Rock Cafe teamed up with Universal Studios and Loews Hotel to build a Hard Rock Hotel inside Universal Orlando, which has quickly evolved into a global entertainment resort destination. The Hard Rock Hotel Orlando opened February 2001.

Hard Rock Hotel Orlando features 650 deluxe guestrooms, one of Central Florida's largest pools, with a huge water slide and an underwater audio system. Other amenities include a fitness center, a Hard Rock Hotel Store, a business center and 6,000 square feet of meeting and function room space. The world-class resort also offers four restaurants and lounges including the nationally acclaimed "Palm Restaurant," "Sunset Grill" and "Velvet Bar."

Guests can walk out of the resort into both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks or stroll through the CityWalk entertainment complex, which includes the world's largest Hard Rock Cafe and Hard Rock Live concert venue. All guests receive VIP access to Universal rides and attractions including "No Line, No Wait" privileges."

I will only add that is the coolest hotel I have stayed in. Just wonderful.

I have this # 800-877-2273 it's the direct line to HRH reservations. Its a wonderful hotel. We had a very good time there. I had a standard gardenview room and was thrilled with it! The beds were queen sized and very, very comfortable. The location is about the best you can get. I timed myself walking to the parks (mind you I've got a bum knee) and it took me exactly 5 minutes to be at the gates of Universal Studios. Everything is very centralized and convenient. You cross a short bridge to walk to CityWalk from there or walk a little further for IOA. And being onsite you get that wonderful perk of express all day which is worth it in its self. You can definitely walk between the parks within 5 minutes (from gate to gate). The staff was very helpful and amiable. The pool is beautiful although its very shallow for serious swimmers, but very big and good for the kids (the deepest section was 4 1/2 feet). There is a waterslide which was a big hit with the kids, but even adults went down it. They also have two hot tubs (one at each extremity of the pool) and music is playing throughout the day everywhere! We had breakfast and lunch at the Sunset Grill which is the restaurant inside the hotel and we were very pleased with everything we had. I hope this helps.

I agree. Coooool hotel! :cool: And I WORK for a rock radio station. Felt right at home!

The Universal Express perk is the best perk on record. It's worth the price of the hotel! With your card key you are led straight to the Express line. Our longest wait was 10 mins on a holiday week! You're going to LOVE it.

The hotel is a quick 5 minute walk to Universal Studios. There is nothing like leisurely walking back to your hotel room when you feel like it. There is a ferry and a bus if you don't feel like walking but it takes longer to wait for them than to walk.

Enjoy! And visit us on the Universal Board for all the info you'll ever need!

There have been some pretty good rates for the Hard Rock. We stayed with the Entertainment rate over Thanksgiving for $117. I think it's $125 for 2002. Loews has also been advertising a "From sea to shining sea" rate of $129.

We all loved this hotel - my kids fell in love with the pool, the slide, and the "secret entrance" that bypassed the long lines at the theme parks. After front-of-the-line access at Universal and Islands of Adventure, they couldn't understand why we had to wait in line at Disney. So be warned. You'll be spoiled.:D

We stayed at the HRH last Friday and Saturday night...12/7/01-12/09/01

I had booked the rooms early this year and stated a non-smoking ,2 beds, garden view room via the Lowes Club card and upon check-in "Elliott" placed us in a smoking room on the main floor (3rd floor) next to the lobby and around 2:45 am the PARTY began next door...music blasting, doors slamming, screaming and yelling....so I called the front desk and they said they would send security.
Who shows up 10 minutes later ...Elliott from the front desk...anyways I had to pack up my family at 3:00 am and move them to a room on another floor to get away the the smokey room ect.
The next day I called the front desk and again to request the fruit basket "Elliott" told me they would send to my room for being a Lowes member...and they said they will send one right up!
Wrong...I called again for the fourth time on Sunday morning and they send a plate with one banana, grapes,two apples and an orange and a welcome card!
What a joke....
This hotel needs to get their act together....If it wasn't for the front of the lines passes (room keys) I would have left after the first night.

The beds were queen sized and very, very comfortable with down comforters.

I agree that location cannot be beat and express is great but hotel service and concierge level in particular need ALOT of help. Do not waste money on concierge floor - worst we have ever experienced. I am waiting for reply from GM and Loews as service and billing problems made parts of stay unpleasant.

We also have to call accounting (billing) on Monday to figure out why they double charged us for our stay....
When we booked earlier in the year they charged our credit card for the first nights stay as a deposit....when we arrived they showed no record of payment being received and no credit was been issued to my room charges ect.
The hotel itself is very nice but again I think the management needs to get a clue!
:smooth:

We stayed there the week after thanksgiving for 2 nights - we loved it. We had a garden view but actually overlooked the little river they have between the hotels and the water taxi. We walked the first time but after took the water taxi it took about the same amount of time as walking but after you were on your feet all day who wants to walk some more not mention my kids loved being on the "boat". We were able to get a package through universal reservatons where we got two rooms and our 2 day passes that were cheaper than the original reservation I got for one room and the cost of the tickets at the cheapest price I could find. The rooms were cleaned very early houskeeping was knocking on our door every morning just as we were leaving to clean. The pool was fantastic my son loved the slide he must have gone down 20 times - I went down or 5 times myself. We brought cereal and ate in our rooms in the morning before going to the parks. I had a few concerns about the hotel based on the posts here but I would go back there again without a doubt. My only suggestion would be request a room closer to the elevators ours was quite a walk down 2 long hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter