• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help in understanding how the WDW transportation works

crusader

calls the faithful to their knees
Do you have to be a wdw resort guest to have access to the transportation system?

What if you are visiting resort guests but have park tickets - will you be allowed to ride a bus or a boat with them or will you have to drive.

What type of ID is accepted to use this system? ie a room key/park ticket/or some other resort ID

please help

As I understand it, WDW transportation is designed for the use of ALL park guests, whether they're staying on property or off. In all the times I've been to WDW, I've never seen any of the transportation CMs check guests for resort ID, park tickets, or anything else. I believe others on here have seen that happen, but it seems to be very rare occurrences.

Originally posted by crusader
Do you have to be a wdw resort guest to have access to the transportation system?

What if you are visiting resort guests but have park tickets - will you be allowed to ride a bus or a boat with them or will you have to drive.

You are free to utilize Disney Transport as much as you wish.

There are two exceptions:

If a theme park has reached capacity, or is nearing capacity, the parks only allow in Disney Resort Guests. During such times, some transportation (to the parks) might be limited to Disney Resort Guests.

After midnight at Pleasure Island, drivers will sometimes ask for resort ID. This is to prevent inebriated people from getting on the wrong bus, or to make sure someone doesnt follow someone else home. If you are legitimatly with someone, and they OK it, then you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter