• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help planning and Ideas!

JenniePooh

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are going to WDW on Jan 31st and leaving Feb 4th. We are staying at the All Star Sports.

I have not been there in 12 yrs and he has never been!!

Any ideas on what is a MUST see! He does not understand why I am so excited about going. He needs to feel the Disney Magic!!

Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly welcomed :)

15 days and counting!!:bounce: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc

After 12 years there is so much more to see now!!
What things are you interested in. That might help us come up with ideas for you.
Do you want romantic ideas? Take a stroll along the Poly beach at night.
Great dinner show? The Hoop De Doo
Amazing like no other show? Cirque Du Soliel
Hart stopping excitement? Tower of Terror

The list can go on and on.

We both love thrill rides and roller coasters and anything disney (pooh especially for me!)...we have 3 days to spend in the parks (on park hopper passes) on our last day we will likely do either the world of sports, disney quest or something along those lines. Do some shopping in Downtown disney (window shopping that is!)

We don't mind being too busy for the three days...want to see as much as we can...(although mid afternoon naps might be needed to keep him from being too cranky!) We will be staying on site but will also have a rental car as we are going down to ft. lauderdale to see my family once we leave WDW.

Thanks in Advance... :)

Welcome to the DIS JenniePooh, I'm so glad you decided to join us.

I would suggest that you buy <u>The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World</u> and use that to help plan your days in the parks. There are some excellent itineraries in that book that will get you through the parks with the least waiting.

Pleasure Island is a lot of fun for the evenings and Cirque du Soleil is awesome. If you could find an Illuminations cruise to share with someone that would be lots of fun.

Be sure to ask permission to ride in the front of the monorail with the Pilot. If you ask nicely you might even get a copilot's license for this adventure. It's kind of cool to ride up front.

Keep your eyes peeled at Animal Kingdom for Devine. She is awesome and you have to look closely to see her, she is camouflaged as a vine.

Pay a visit to the Boardwalk some evening and enjoy the street buskers there. Jugglers, fire eaters and comedians will entertain you after 7PM. I love dinner at Spoodles or Big River Grille.

If you really want to impress you boyfriend you could arrange a drive or a ride along at the <b>RICHARD PETTY DRIVING EXPERIENCE</b>

Just for fun make a priority seating at one of the character meals. It's lots of fun meeting the characters that way and the food isn't bad either.

Don't miss Illuminations at Epcot or Fantasmic at MGM they are both just incredible shows.

Katholyn

If you like thrill rides, definitely go to Mgm. Tower of Terror and and Rockin Rollercoaster are my dbf's favorites. Plan on seeing fantasmic also. It is great.
If you like Pooh, Crystal Palace is a must. It has a great buffet and all the pooh characters are there.
Dbf and I like to spend a day at Epcot. If you haven't been there for awhile, you'll have to do Test Track. Get a fastpass though, there is usually quite a wait.
We also like to stroll around WS and eat our way around the world.
In the evenings we also enjoy PI, and the boardwalk.
If you get a warm day, maybe try out typhoon lagoon. It is a great waterpark.
There is so much to do. If you have any specific things, let me know. I will try to help.

Agree with dansyr MGM has the best two thrill rides TT and Aerosmith's RRC also see at least Star Wars, Muppets 3D and the Indiana Jones Stunt show while you're there. Fantasmic is good but it takes the entire evening.

At Epcot, Test Track & Honey I Shrunk the Audience are must see! (I also like to drink a few beers of the world while I'm there;) )

At MK all the Mountains are a must! Space, Thunder and Splash. But while you're there I'd see Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Alien.

At AK Tough to be a Bug, Countdown to Extinction and the white water River ride.

You will not be able to see half of what's there in 3 days at 4 parks so be sure to use the Fast Pass efficiently. For instance, at MK get a FP at SpaceM. It will list a window say 10:00 to 11:00 about an hour or more away. Go do something else until your time. But before going on SpaceM go get another FP at say SplashM @ 10:01 then go ride SpaceM. Then before you go ride SplashM got get another FP.

PI is pretty good at night but a few of the places are hard to get into once things get rockin'. I'd suggest the Comedy Club's first show followed by the adventure club. Then it depends on your age and taste. BET for hiphop, Motions for Pop, etc.

If the boyfriend or you like video games do Dis Quest during the day and PI at night. If not skip the quest. Do your shopping in between since all three are right there together.

If you want to do the Boardwalk you can exit the back gate of Epcot (Between England and France) and walk down along the River. You'll come to the Beach & Yatch Clubs on the right and the Boardwalk on the left across the bridge. The river connects Epcot and MGM by boat and that area is great to cruise around.

My DD went to W of Sports last time to watch some boys play soccer. I got the impression from her that if you don't have something specific to watch there it could be passed. On the other hand if the Disney BF likes sports there may be something going on worth watching.

My 2 cents:)

Splash wasn't there 12 years ago-don't miss that. Also, don't miss the entire Boardwalk area and Y&B C hotel complex. And WL is within the last 12 years. Not sure about Dixie Landings (oops, I mean, POR) or POFQ-they're around 12 years old, maybe a little less. I think seeing all the hotels and Boardwalk is really important. And MGM has about doubled in size since back then.

I also recommend MGM's RnR. I think it was the only ride my husband thoroughly enjoyed. I mean he enjoyed others- but that's the only one he wanted to ride agan and again. (and he did- so much in fact that even *I*- the one that normally rides rides while he sits on the sidelines because it's boring to him to ride things over and over- was one to pass up riding it the last time- I was getting tired of it! LOL)

So that's definitely one you don't want to miss. My DH usually doesn't get into roller coasters that much either. And things that go around and around (any which way) aren't his thing either- but he really liked that one! :)

Oh boy 12 years. I agree with so many of the other post. I suggest that you do your research before going. One site you may want to look at is wdwig.com. In my opinion, I would pick the rides that you absolutely want to ride and do those first then do the rest if you have time. You will need to sort of plan out your days and check out the times that the parks are open (MK may close at 6 pm, AK at 5 and MGM around 7 pm). Epcot is open until later and is great to have Dinner in at night but you will need to priority seating reservations. The Boardwalk and PI are great for late to and many of the rest. there need reservations as well. There are so many things to do on Disney property that you may arrive home needing another vacation from this one. LOL and have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter