• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need LARGE rental car!

mikesmom

<font color=9999FF>Never pool hops without a licen
We're going to WDW in May and will have many family members along. Staying at BWV. Myself, DH, DS, son's college buddy, husband's daughter, her husband, husband's son, his wife and 4 year old grandson. (Guess who's getting spoiled on THIS trip?). That's 9 in all. Anyone know if it's possible to rent a Ford Suburban or same sized vehicle?

While coming from the airport will be at different times, I expect sometimes we will all want to go to the same destination at the same time. Or return from same. A single vehicle would make it easier. A regular SUV will not do the trick - we have a Tahoe at home and it only seats 5. We need something with an extra row of seats, like a Suburban or a van. The SUV's I've seen at the rent agencies have all been like a Blazer or Montero which is smaller even than our Tahoe.

I've not ever needed a vehicle this large before, and I'm hoping soemone has covered this problem so I don't have to get on the phone or Internet and contact every rental agency in Florida!

I think the conclusion here is that it was cheaper to rent two vehicles at MCO. There are a few post on this same subject under "codes, codes, and more codes" I think. And if search is working, there will be some more on this same subject to read. With that many people, it may be much better to have two cars because families don't always want to go in the same direction and being together for even a week can seem much longer. Check mousesavers.com in the "ground transportation" section of WDW, there are many specials and codes listed for rentals at Orlando Airport (MCO). Good Luck!

RobinLyn :)

We rented a GMC Yukon XL (just like a Suburban, just a little more expensive and made by GMC and not Chevy - but both are in the General Motors group) a couple years ago from Budget (at MCO) and it was great. There were only 4 of us, so we had plently of room! However, they no longer rent them at the airport location. :( Wish they did, though!

I have a family of 15 and I rented a 15passenger van for around 600 for the week from dollar. In the past I have rented a 12 and an 8. They are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter