Need must do ideas and tactics for a very quick trip & yes it's my first to Disneyland!

From 4-7 at DCA, you are not going to be able to get a lot done.
You could do Tower (1.5 hours standby) and Radiator Springs Racers (1.5 hours standby) and that's it.

OR, skip Tower, do RSR single rider (30-45 mins), Mater's (20-30 mins), Rollikin Roadsters (30 mins), Screamin' (20-30 mins with FP), Monsters Inc (back row passes, 10 mins), Fun Wheel swinging car (30 mins) and spend some time just looking at cool stuff (Bugsland, Challenge Trail).

I've not done the Halloween Party (I'm never going to spend $95 per person, on top of park admission for the day... that is just insane!), so no advice on what to do there.

Screaming, racers & Guardians are order of preference. Obviously wait time will dictate what actually happens. We use FP and single riders as we can to facilitate.

The Halloween party actually cost more as you get closer to Halloween night. $120 each for us. Event ticket is a park hooper and includes all photo pass photos. Although that is a steep price, all other phases of our trip are covered by the clinic, so as they say "carpe diem".

Also the special event ticket is a separate purchase but the regular park admission ticket is not required. We will not be getting to the park until 4 PM.

Thanks for the info!!

Of the listed attractions that reside in DLR/CA and WDW, how different /same are they?

Astro Orbitor
Autopia
Big Thunder Mtn
Haunted Mansion Holiday
It's a small World
Jungle Cruise
Mark Twain Riverboat
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Soarin' Around the World
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Star Wars Launch Bay
Toy Story Midway Mania!

Astro Orbitor-- same basic ride, but located at ground level
Autopia-- basically the same
Big Thunder Mtn-- very similar, but the final hill has different effects
Haunted Mansion Holiday--completely different with the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, otherwise mostly the same (no library scene)
It's a small World--very similar; different facade, and Disney characters sprinkled throughout DL version
Jungle Cruise--basically the same
Mark Twain Riverboat-- basically the same, but the RoA are different
Peter Pan's Flight-- basically the same
Pirates of the Caribbean-- much better and longer at DL (additional drops and scenes)
Soarin' Around the World-- identical except the final scene is at DL instead of WDW
Space Mountain-- quite different track/much smoother at DL, with side-by-side ride vehicles instead of single file. If you'll be there during the Ghost Galaxy overlay, then that is very different.
Splash Mountain-- basically the same, but the one at MK moves slower so the story is a bit more clear; single file ride vehicles instead of side-by-side
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue-- identical
Star Wars Launch Bay-- character meet and greet with some cool props/models from the movies
Toy Story Midway Mania!--identical

Thanks.
Astro Orbitor-- same basic ride, but located at ground level
Autopia-- basically the same
Big Thunder Mtn-- very similar, but the final hill has different effects
Haunted Mansion Holiday--completely different with the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, otherwise mostly the same (no library scene)
It's a small World--very similar; different facade, and Disney characters sprinkled throughout DL version
Jungle Cruise--basically the same
Mark Twain Riverboat-- basically the same, but the RoA are different
Peter Pan's Flight-- basically the same
Pirates of the Caribbean-- much better and longer at DL (additional drops and scenes)
Soarin' Around the World-- identical except the final scene is at DL instead of WDW
Space Mountain-- quite different track/much smoother at DL, with side-by-side ride vehicles instead of single file. If you'll be there during the Ghost Galaxy overlay, then that is very different.
Splash Mountain-- basically the same, but the one at MK moves slower so the story is a bit more clear; single file ride vehicles instead of side-by-side
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue-- identical
Star Wars Launch Bay-- character meet and greet with some cool props/models from the movies
Toy Story Midway Mania!--identical

Thanks.
We won't waste our time with the ones that are same. We'll try to get as many of the different ones as possible definitely going for Haunted mansion, space mtn, pirate's.

So glad you posted this thread. I am in the same situation. Well, not the saving lives part. But going to be in Anaheim for a professional trip Wed -Fri, and taking the opportunity to attend the Halloween party 10/27 as only park visit.

I have been to DLR once before and in my opinion the theming in Carsland is like nothing at WDW. I would HIGHLY recommend Radiator Springs Racers over CA Screamin'. Not that the roller coaster isn't great fun, it is just not that unique. The first time we rode RSR was at dusk, and I seriously could not tell if we had moved inside during the ride.

Personally I was hoping to find a way to do Guardians, but I don't think 1.5 hours is 'worth it' for any ride. Right now I think our plan for DCA will be to try Cars Land, maybe CA Screamin',
and Starbucks for the 'You Are Here' mug.

At DL, Space Mountain is a must do. I will never ride it at WDW again. So much smoother and enjoyable. I also loved DL version of BTMRR.

Hope you have a great time.

Reactions: dfb
Thanks for the info
So glad you posted this thread. I am in the same situation. Well, not the saving lives part. But going to be in Anaheim for a professional trip Wed -Fri, and taking the opportunity to attend the Halloween party 10/27 as only park visit.

I have been to DLR once before and in my opinion the theming in Carsland is like nothing at WDW. I would HIGHLY recommend Radiator Springs Racers over CA Screamin'. Not that the roller coaster isn't great fun, it is just not that unique. The first time we rode RSR was at dusk, and I seriously could not tell if we had moved inside during the ride.

Personally I was hoping to find a way to do Guardians, but I don't think 1.5 hours is 'worth it' for any ride. Right now I think our plan for DCA will be to try Cars Land, maybe CA Screamin',
and Starbucks for the 'You Are Here' mug.

At DL, Space Mountain is a must do. I will never ride it at WDW again. So much smoother and enjoyable. I also loved DL version of BTMRR.

Hope you have a great time.

Thanks for the info. Maybe we'll see you there. We'll be the other set of folks running around trying to squeeze in every drop of DLR/CA as possible in a few short hours.

We'll definitely try for cars and guardians but I think I'm going for Screamin. I like "real" outdoor roller coasters. I Like WDW coasters but none are what I call "real" as in bigger faster etc. I don't see WDW getting one anytime soon. The slinky dog one doesn't look to be that impressive.

I can't wait to try Space mTn . I hardly ever ride the one at WDW since it's a pain my the back.

Hope you have a super trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter