Need POR help please!

O

onemichelle

I was hoping to find some disers that stayed at POR this past December. Specifically, the first three weeks (not over Christmas). Were you able to get a code, what rate did you pay? I just got a quote from Dreams Unlimited for the third week of December this year and it was $165 a night. Even with the trundle bed, this seemed steep. Especially since it's still supposed to be value season! Any recent returnees willing to share their rate? Thanks in advance!

Well...we stayed there from Dec 21 to 24th. So, it's very close to X-mas. At any rate our room charges were around $120 a day.

We stayed in the Bayou section and it was wonderful...rooms were always clean.

Yes, it seems a little steep. We used a code off Mousesavers, so it was not too bad.
This was our first time on site and it was worth every penny we spent.

Lisajl
*You know what, I think ours was around $90 a night up until the 23rd.

I recently stayed at PO-R at Oak Manor from 1-6 Dec and paid $85/night (not including tax). I used a code but can't remember which one. Your rate does seem steep for value season.

You could ask for an Annual Pass rate. If discount codes are unavailable a week or so before you leave, purchase the Annual Pass at a Disney store before you go (actually you purchase an AP voucher before you go and receive the AP at WDW. You will need the pass, not the voucher at check-in). If a discount code does appear, change your reservations and don't purchase the AP voucher. Only one person in your family/group needs an AP to get the rate.

I was there 16-18 Dec and payed around $89 a night with the open to everybody code from Mousesavers.

I added 2 nights before our 7 day land and sea vacation at POR on 11/29-12/1 with the mousesavers code and it came to 86.50 with tax. We already had a room booked there for the land portion of our trip and then the code came out and I couldn't pass it up to add more days to our trip. I don't think the code came out until October though. We would stay there again in a hearbeat! We stayed in Oak Manor too from 11/29-12/5. Great location!

Thanks so much for the responses everyone! I'm so glad everyone had a great trip and liked the resort so well! I was hoping that there would be some codes out later in the year and that was about the price range I was expecting.
Anyone have any favorite things to do while at POR?

We did not have enough time there. I did like the boat ride between Riverside/french quarter and downtown.
It was a bit chilly, but very fun.

It was also nice to walk around the place and admire the Christmas decorations.

I told my husband that would be the only time I would go...love those decorations!
Lisajl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter