Need some info fast please...

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello all.....leaving next Thursday 9/11 on the 3 day wonder....DW,MIL,DD, and myself. My daughter has decided that she no longer wants to go. I called DCl and they say that since she is the 3rd adult in the cabin, I lose all. My question is, you are paying taxes on the 3rd person....if you cancel that one person why do you have to pay the taxes? I can understand the fare for her, but they pay no port charges or taxes to anyone...so they get to pocket the tax money? Ofcourse, the hurtful part of this whole situation is before I booked this I asked her no less than 6 times to make sure she wanted to go....so now I lose the airline ticket and the fare on the ship. by the way, my daughter is no baby....she turned 24 last Saturday......
Thanks all....
Tom
(I just feel a black cloud always seems to follow me)!

I'm sorry about your daughter, Tom. :(

Yes, that is the agreement if you cancel this close to the cruise, the fare including taxes and port charges (which are all the components that constitute the fare) are forfeited.

Any chance you can change her mind?

Could you take someone else in her place. I don't know if DCL will let you but maybe they would. You could ask.
Have you explained how much it is costing to take her and you will lose all?
Good luck.

I love our adult kids very much but at that age she would be paying me back. You were kind enough to pay up front and she is the one deciding not to go. As far as Dcl the way I read it is you are out it all, sorry.

Steve

TChrist05:

How very disappointing for you--sorry to hear of your problem.

Hope you feel like you lose that black cloud while you're on that "wonderful" cruise :D

Here's pixie dust to chase that black cloud away. hopefully she'll see the light and decide to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter