• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need someone familiar with Atlanta airport please

DisneyHumbug

DIS Veteran
We have to connect in Atlanta. I've been checking our flights daily and it looks like we land at Gate C21 and depart from Gate E11. The first plane is consistently late and we might not make the connection. If we have to run for it, does anyone know how far it is between these 2 gates? I checked the airport map, but since I've never been to Hartsfield, I'm unsure of the distance. Thanks.

The Atlanta Airport is divided into concourses going fro A to E. Transportation is by train (or tram) underground. You have to go to the center of the concouse (around gate 18) and go down an a escalater to the train. They run every 2 minutes or so and it takes about 10 minutes to get from A to E. The Orlando flight fairly close to the escalater and will probably be a 777.
According to how fast you walk, it should only take 15 - 20 minutes to make the walk/ride. You can also walk (have moving walkways underground), but it will probably be faster to ride. They will normally hold connections for a reasonable amount of time if several people are on late flights.
The Sky magazine on the plane will have a map of the airport.

Good luck,

ralphd:) :)

We missed a flight that connected in Atlanta due to a late flight and the great distance between the gates there. I can't remember which gates they were, but they were on opposite ends of the airport. In my opinion, that airport is one of the toughest to get around. I hope you have better luck making your connection.

Thanks for your help and info! We made it from gate to gate in about 15 minutes. The airport is quite large, but fairly easy to navigate. I like flying non-stop, but I wouldn't hesitate to take the stop over in Atlanta if the price was right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter