Need your help!

dizlover5

Earning My Ears
:earsgirl: Hello everyone! We are getting ready for our trip to Disney World and I have a couple of questions about resturaunts....... Please tell me about Chef Mickeys. We tried to do Cindys castle but of course it is booked so we got Chef Mickeys. Is this good for just breakfast or any meal? We have Chef Mickeys booked for the night we arrive at 8:00 and also for a breakfast meal while we are there. Any other helpful hints you could give me would be greatly appreciated. We have 3 children, ages 12, 9 and 6. Thanks so much! I enjoy reading all of the posts, keep um coming!:pinkbounc

I have never eaten at Chef Mickey's so I can't help you there. My family always enjoys eating one meal at Liberty Tree Tavern for supper. You might want to consider it too for a meal.
<marquee>Welcome to the DIS boards</marquee>

Chef Mickeys is really good and I don't think you will be dissapointed!I have only doen dinner but it was yummy! I don't think I would do it twice in one trip.

We've only done Chef Mickey's for breakfast and it is a fabulous meal, plus the characters really interact with the guests. It's a family favorite - and our baby is 16 yrs. old! :D The buffet has a great selection of foods and we have never been disappointed! The napkin twirling is enjoyed by kids of all ages - you'll have a good time!

Chef Mickey is one of my favs! The food is wonderful and you are co close to MK! We sat in the far back room ~ great for two things ~ a little quieter than the rest of the restaurant and we had a great view of the castle! It's noisy, but I don't care much about that. Although I would do it again my dd says the food was greasy. Actually, her word for the food was "yummy-less". She's 7! I am 36 and I'd eat 12 sticky buns if I could!

Disnee Dad says......................Chef Mickeys is great but I would only do it once on your trip. This may not work, but I would go to MK on an early entry and head straight for Cindy's castle. In 1999 we were there for early entry and even had Cindy reservations for 10:15. As we walked by on our way to fanatasyland a CM asked us if we wanted to eat there!! I told her we had reservations at 10:15 and she said we could go right in! So we did. I think that some people believe that going to WDW is a vacation so many of the earliest reservations are canceled or don't show up. WDW is a battle!! One last tip, go to early entry at MK and head striaght for fantasyland., you can do all the rides in an hour and you can bribe older kids by telling them we do it all in an hour and don't have to come back!

From the looks of things a lot of people have cancelled their WDW vacation so I would call back and see if they had any PS's for the castle if that's where you really wanted to eat.

Chef Mickey's is a lot of fun whenever you eat there. The food at dinner is OK (with some OUTSTANDING mashed potatoes) and the character interaction is superb. The place will be noisy but with 3 kids, I imagine that you're used to that.

If you want another character meal, please consider Hollywood & Vine for breakfast or lunch. We really like this one and it's a welcome break while touring the studios.

Well, I've only been to 1900 Park Fare for a character meal. But my mom's friend, who goes to Disney quite frequently, has been to every character meal and said the best are Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare.

As for other restaurants, the 2 that we have to eat at every time we go are Liberty Tree Tavern and 50's Prime Time Cafe. We love the food there and we especially love the waiters and waitresses at 50's Prime Time.

And I agree with Michigan, you should try calling again about a PS for Cinderella's Castle, because it seems like a lot of people are cancelling their trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter