Needle Biopsy's are brutal

Best wishes for you wife and hoping the tests show nothing.

With healthcare always be your own best advocate. It took me 2 years and about 20 doctors to be diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. I had doctors tell me I was crazy, I like attention, and to stop wasting their time. You know when something is wrong and you keep going until you find a doctor who will support you. The crazy part was I had a physical symptom you could see yet I was making it all up. If that first doctor took me seriously I would have been stage one. The doctor who took me seriously said the minute I walked in he knew by the physical symptom he could see.
So sorry that you had to endure this. Truly

We were sitting by one of the ships giant port holes in one of the the really crowded bars.
A lady was looking for a place to sit with her drink and we offered an open sofa facing us.

She had just dropped her grandchildren off at one of the kids clubs.
She had the 100 mile gaze.

We got to talking and just to be sociable she asked what my wife and I did for work.
Wife mentioned Oncology, and I'm a bum. I retired young.

The sweet lady mentioned she had got a cancer diagnosis a day before the cruise, had not yet talked to her Oncologist but decided to go on the cruise anyway. Didn't want to disappoint the grand kids.

When you get your cancer diagnosis you go myopic tunnel vision and only a few important things matter to you and you get a real sharp focus on that. Your head spins.

My wife mentioned to her in her experiences that type of cancer was checked and women her age out-live it. Not giving any person diagnosis or medical advise, just sayin' what she has seen with others.

Grandma brightened up.
That was 4 years ago and Grandma is still taking the grandkids on trips and yes, her cancer is checked and she's doing fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter