Nemo Submarine codes added to the easily obtainable code list

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
Attention: the moderators have decided to add the nemo submarine game codes to the list of easily obtained codes. We will not permit the trading of any of these items or codes as a result. If your computer can't play the game you are welcome to create a trade/wish thread for yourself for help in acquiring your own submarine and pin.

I was afraid for a moment, but the third sentence made me smile again. :p

Thanks mods :goodvibes

We realize there are many Macintosh players and other computers that cant play the game. The idea is not to prevent the DISers from getting them, we want to prevent people getting rich from having them ;)

We realize there are many Macintosh players and other computers that cant play the game. The idea is not to prevent the DISers from getting them, we want to prevent people getting rich from having them ;)

What is in place to prevent the people who live by the parks from getting rich from in park quest items?

i agree with gshawen,
people having easy access to the parks can charge a fortune for the in park items, and it is up to each person buying to decide how much they really want to spend.
the vmk arcade games that give out the tron stuff are allowed to trade, what is the difference??
I am terrible at all games that require hand eye coordination. so on most i would be willing to trade. lol
and what is the difference in people listing they have the items/codes vs making a wish list with the item/code in it. Are you saying that if it is listed in your wish list you are expecting to get it gifted to you or that you are willing to trade for it?? I am just trying to understand!!
Now one more question, if these items are considered easily accessible, then why are the in game quest items not considered easily accessible? You do the quest you get an item how easy is that lol.
I am just trying to understand the basic concept here, and at this point I just don't get it..??

What is in place to prevent the people who live by the parks from getting rich from in park quest items?

Totally different situation. Those items are NOT easily obtainable unless you live near the parks. And, you can only get them once every 60 days per ticket.

Thank you mods! I get really annoyed when I see people asking for trades on something that takes less than two minutes to acquire. However, this situation may change, now that the middle pieces have seemingly been discontinued...ugh.

i agree with gshawen,
people having easy access to the parks can charge a fortune for the in park items, and it is up to each person buying to decide how much they really want to spend.

I answered this in the previous post. LOL I think we posted at the same time.

the vmk arcade games that give out the tron stuff are allowed to trade, what is the difference??

The Tron games are not easily won. The only Tomorrowland game that is easy is the Diver's suit game, which is not allowed to be offered for trade on this forums.

I am terrible at all games that require hand eye coordination. so on most i would be willing to trade. lol
and what is the difference in people listing they have the items/codes vs making a wish list with the item/code in it. Are you saying that if it is listed in your wish list you are expecting to get it gifted to you or that you are willing to trade for it?? I am just trying to understand!!

You can ask for codes, but you can not offer them for trade. This cuts down on possible scams.

Now one more question, if these items are considered easily accessible, then why are the in game quest items not considered easily accessible? You do the quest you get an item how easy is that lol.
I am just trying to understand the basic concept here, and at this point I just don't get it..??

The quests are usually only up for a short time. Lots of players miss the chance at the prizes.

I'm sorry I dont think my wording was correct.

Hows this,

The idea is not to prevent the DISers from getting them, we want to prevent people getting rich exploiting our members for a very easy game.

There is nothing preventing anyone from playing the more skilled games like Blast in space and Hyperspace mountain and trading the prizes.

Lets face it the game is easy and we do not want to punish people who just cant load the game up.

hi aengus,
I know I am a little slow sometimes, but aren't we all Disers? And I tried to play the game, lol you should have seen me. It took me an hour to finish, as I said I am terrible at the games. Anthing that requires me to push more than one button during the game just kills me. lol So see, what is considered simple for one person may not be so simple for others. lol like me!!!
Basically I think people should not be greedy anyway. I know I have only been on vmk since Thanksgiving and the price I have had to pay for some items were crazy. And some items I passed on because it was too out there.

yes we are all DISers :)

If you notice there is a loophole. If someone cant beat the game they do have the choice of asking to trade for it.

If your computer can't play the game you are welcome to create a trade/wish thread for yourself for help in acquiring your own submarine and pin.

We are not saying you can't ask for codes either by wish or trade, however, we are not allowing members to post codes they own for trade.

Example:
I can't post: I have 10 Nemo codes for trade.

I can post: My computer just won't let me play this game! I would be very thankful if anyone would be willing to send me some codes, or I could trade you some (fill in the blank) for them.

Hopefully we will see our fellow Dis'ers helping those who can't play. :) The game hasn't been out very long for many to have lots of extras just yet. ;)

I'm sorry I dont think my wording was correct.

Hows this,

The idea is not to prevent the DISers from getting them, we want to prevent people getting rich exploiting our members for a very easy game.

There is nothing preventing anyone from playing the more skilled games like Blast in space and Hyperspace mountain and trading the prizes.

Lets face it the game is easy and we do not want to punish people who just cant load the game up.

Seems to me the game to get the pirate ship parts must be somewhat hard if you read some of the posts on the boards, not everyone can beat the game.

Just because a certain game is easy for you does not mean it is easy for others. The games I see that should not be allowed is like the Kelloggs game because you get the codes whether you win or lose. But since that game is no more, the prizes should be added. The easy narnia and deadmans chest codes should also not be allowed because of this reason.

Just like the Narnia teleporter codes, they were not allowed to be traded but you could gift them to someone on this board. Whether you gift them or trade for them you still have to trust the person you are dealing with. What is the difference?

And as far as the in park quest stuff, if it is so hard to get these items how come somebody was gifting them the other day and they said they had like 400 codes? And most of the people I have met that live closeby a park usually have alot of the same codes or items, so they have figured out someway of getting more than their fair share.

I have paid 4000 and 5000 credits for a few pins that cost some of you 500 or free when they came out, now tell me who is getting rich? How do you expect some of us new people to aquire some of the older items if you keep saying the prizes we can win are not allowed to be traded?

If you want to keep people from getting rich I would suggest making a list of all items and what is considered a decent price and keep it updated. Because I am sure not getting rich here but a few people are.

And as far as the in park quest stuff, if it is so hard to get these items how come somebody was gifting them the other day and they said they had like 400 codes? And most of the people I have met that live closeby a park usually have alot of the same codes or items, so they have figured out someway of getting more than their fair share.

They bring friends with them. I dont mind trading for them.

I have paid 4000 and 5000 credits for a few pins that cost some of you 500 or free when they came out, now tell me who is getting rich? How do you expect some of us new people to aquire some of the older items if you keep saying the prizes we can win are not allowed to be traded?

Of course they are worth more now, they were out months ago. That makes them not easily obtainable. Thats how the game works.

If you want to keep people from getting rich I would suggest making a list of all items and what is considered a decent price and keep it updated. Because I am sure not getting rich here but a few people are.
Prices change everyday according to the person or if it is re-released. The point of the game shouldnt be about "getting rich" anyway. You meet good friends, and if you work, you can make cool rooms. It also reminds me of Disney since I have never been and probably never will be. :)
:upsidedow

Hi LoriR, Like I said I am dense lol, I still don't understand the difference in posting you have the codes or posting you need the codes. Trading is trading, right?? The person wanting the items for what ever reason has to take some responsibility in deciding what they are willing to pay, don't they? I have dealt with many on this board and most were very nice and reasonable with their items, but some are just so greedy it makes me ill.
I am not trying to make a big deal out of this particular game and the codes, I am just trying to understand the rules. I have listed a few things off and on for trade but mostly I have traded others from their listings.

We are not saying you can't ask for codes either by wish or trade, however, we are not allowing members to post codes they own for trade.

Example:
I can't post: I have 10 Nemo codes for trade.

I can post: My computer just won't let me play this game! I would be very thankful if anyone would be willing to send me some codes, or I could trade you some (fill in the blank) for them.

Hopefully we will see our fellow Dis'ers helping those who can't play. :) The game hasn't been out very long for many to have lots of extras just yet. ;)

What is the difference in me posting I have the codes or them asking for them? We are suppose to help them get something they cannot get but yet they turn around and charge alot for items we do not have? You are clearly making this site more for the players who have been here since day one or people who live close to the parks.

I have not even been here a year yet and I dont one of some of the items you older players have rooms full of, or the credits to acquire them. If you want to help out your fellow DISer's, pick out someone new and give them a decent price. Asking 5000 credits for an item you paid 300 is my opinion a little steep.

I have met a few people on here and have been done fairly, but others I see are trying to get over on people who don't know the values of items.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

again, I am thrilled with the games aspect of collection and value. The difference is "easily obtainable".

There is nothing preventing you from going into the game and trading these pieces, its just not going to be arranged on this website.

I have not even been here a year yet and I dont one of some of the items you older players have rooms full of, or the credits to acquire them. If you want to help out your fellow DISer's, pick out someone new and give them a decent price. Asking 5000 credits for an item you paid 300 is my opinion a little steep.

I live no where NEAR disney, and I have alot of items because I worked for it. Give it time. I have felt more welcome here than anywhere I have ever belonged to.

When I was new, people were extremely kind to me on these boards, and I just went up from March '06 on vmk. :)

Just keep trying.

Hi LoriR, Like I said I am dense lol, I still don't understand the difference in posting you have the codes or posting you need the codes. Trading is trading, right?? The person wanting the items for what ever reason has to take some responsibility in deciding what they are willing to pay, don't they? I have dealt with many on this board and most were very nice and reasonable with their items, but some are just so greedy it makes me ill.
I am not trying to make a big deal out of this particular game and the codes, I am just trying to understand the rules. I have listed a few things off and on for trade but mostly I have traded others from their listings.

You are not dense ;) The difference is your not looking at it from an evil perspective, and thats a good trait.

Maybe this example will help:

If I post I have a code

5 people want it and all bid higher and higher

if I post I need a code

5 people have them and they outbid lower and lower

Does that make sense?

We are protecting our members who cant load the game on their computers is all.

I just want to clear up to anyone who reads this thread, we are not saying everyone here on this board is trying to get over on new people. I have made alot of friends here and plan on keeping them.

You are not dense ;) The difference is your not looking at it from an evil perspective, and thats a good trait.

Maybe this example will help:

If I post I have a code

5 people want it and all bid higher and higher

if I post I need a code

5 people have them and they outbid lower and lower

Does that make sense?

We are protecting our members who cant load the game on their computers is all.

So why do we have so many posts listing items for trade and than letting them run like an ebay auction? Should'nt they have to set a price or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter