*NEW 11/20* Mom & Daughter Trip Take 2 MOTHERload of Pixie Dust 9/21-9/29 Video Added! DTD!

I am really enjoying your TR and all the fun things you guys are doing. I love the villian soriee. I could not handle the price tag but I love you got to see so many characters! I love the trips I take alone with my child too!

What a great review. Your DD is so sweet and what precious bonding time between the two of you. Disney is magical and it looks like you're experiencing it. Thanks for sharing your report.

I am really enjoying your TR and all the fun things you guys are doing. I love the villian soriee. I could not handle the price tag but I love you got to see so many characters! I love the trips I take alone with my child too!
Thanks!!! Yes, the villain soiree was pricey indeed! There's no way I would've paid for our entire family of four to do this but with just the two of us, it wasn't too bad.

What a great review. Your DD is so sweet and what precious bonding time between the two of you. Disney is magical and it looks like you're experiencing it. Thanks for sharing your report.
Thank you :) It sure was a wonderful trip... every time we go to Disney I keep thinking something is going to happen that will make me not like it and nope... I just love it even more. I can't get enough.

After the tea party we headed back to Magic Kingdom on the monorail. We got a bunch of pictures taken on Main Street.
ayOuXo.jpg

7Ywa5M.jpg

gn2Ka3.jpg

We stopped at the Rose Garden and got a few pictures taken there...
XWWfrY.jpg

DD was twirling everywhere we went... she was really getting into princess mode!
97Ey7x.jpg

It was time for our lunch FP at Be Our Guest. Thank goodness because that little bit we had at the tea party was not doing a good job of filling us up!
My1WdA.jpg

wmnGwx.jpg

We ordered quickly and went to use the restrooms. I ended up running into an agent friend of mine inside the restroom... lol. When we walked out of the bathroom, there was our agency leader. We had a little chat and they were off to enjoy the rest of the day... we were back to our table for lunch! This was our view from the table DD picked out:
fRBu16.jpg

We got the usual... soup, cupcake... drink.
HJTUiB.jpg

xJ1onb.jpg

DD posed like the picture...
UkSlpC.jpg

We checked on Enchanted Tales with Belle and decided to go there.
mlLDEc.jpg

CK5I0R.jpg

DD was begging to go on Dumbo (I think just to play for awhile in the waiting area)... so we headed over there next.
qAI6b3.jpg

w3V4Fs.jpg

qX53Wj.jpg

We had a FP+ for the Mine Train next... we lucked out and ended up getting the FRONT ROW!!! Yay!
QAC2za.jpg

ku2TPs.jpg

Up Next: Not a Good Combo

Last edited:

We then had a FP+ for Space Mountain... DD's first time!!!
iHQTiB.jpg

She loved it! So much so that we ended up going to a kiosk to get another FP+ for it later on that night... hopefully we would get to use it!
We started making our way out of the park for our dinner reservation.
9050AS.jpg

qH4kGA.jpg

We made our way down Main Street... DD had to do a little hoolahooping! (It's in our blood, I used to beat adults when I was in diapers!)
2ENph0.jpg

Then we realized it was time for the flag retreat. We had never witnessed this before so we stuck around to see it happen and it was beautiful.
bpDjKv.jpg

We headed out on the boat to the Wilderness Resort.
AhF1uZ.jpg

We were a little early for our reservation but they gave us a pager and told us we would get seated early. The pager kept going off and then it would stop, then again and again... the lady taking care of pagers seemed pretty flustered and just sent us up the ramp to be seated.
aWGJ12.jpg

gMwzlh.jpg

This was our very first time dining here and it was beautiful! I ordered a wine flight (yup, serious business here), the famous mushroom soup and a crab cake. DD didn't care for anything on the menu and our waiter told her she could get a grilled cheese with french fries.. well, she was pretty happy then!
jnGqRW.jpg

f1Kpsj.jpg

0dawPX.jpg

OCdbiN.jpg

bh3zXg.jpg

xK5QT0.jpg

This was a great meal and a really nice experience. DD kept pushing me to drink the wine faster (not sure if that was a great idea or not, haha)... but that soup was unbelievable. I totally get the hype now and I will be back for more of that. DD also got a cupcake for her birthday!
IzBqQh.jpg

We took a little time after the meal to check out the Wilderness Resort. This was only our second time visiting the resort... our first time had been in 2012 when we came for Hoop De Doo. It really is a beautiful place!
H3qDIq.jpg

suWzWC.jpg

flouBx.jpg

I was feeling pretty good after that wine flight... I asked DD what she wanted to do. Her choices were to either go back to the resort for the night or go back to Magic Kingdom to use our Space Mountain FP+ that we had scheduled prior to leaving the park. Of course she chose to go BACK to Magic Kingdom. Well, okay. Let's go for it. We took a boat over to MK and it started to rain lightly... it wasn't a downpour but I had to put my camera away so we didn't get much for pictures. We had a few minutes to kill before our FP+ time was up so we decided to go on the PeopleMover. Honestly, I was hoping this would kill some of my buzz as well... wasn't sure how well wine+Space Mountain go together!
FII8u3.jpg

We did two rounds on the PeopleMover and then braved the rain to get to Space. DD loved it again and I was so happy we had come back.
udGTmU.jpg

The rain had stopped and we took our time walking out of the park... did a little shopping too!

Up Next: What?! Water?!

Loving your TR - we have the Perfectly Princess Tea Party booked for June so thrilled to read a good review!

DD hit the pillow hard that night.

spVQC6.jpg

She was up nice and early the following morning for a fun filled day at Animal Kingdom!

RgR8YC.jpg

She called daddy nice and early to say hi.
As soon as we entered the park, we headed straight for Asia. DD wanted some time on the mountain!
QUVtL0.jpg

Vk9BGI.jpg

nOCnQ3.jpg

She loved it so much, we ended up going on a second time...
b23KDD.jpg

vfVYtq.jpg

She asked to go a third time but this momma just couldn't handle it! Instead, I talked her into a ride she has never done before...
4EHZgP.jpg

Of course, we ended up on the bottom when we went down the big hill so we got absolutely soaked. DD did NOT like it and vowed to never go on again.
j5Nigl.jpg

Next we headed out to the Harambe Wildlife Reserve to check out some animals.
HiyNsP.jpg

Q8sgPW.jpg

The giraffes got very close on this particular safari.
4vxgK7.jpg

WhQwYk.jpg

After the safari we took a little break at the Dawa Bar and I got one of these:
6c22jJ.jpg

The Asian Bloody Mary... yum yum!
4QT2oa.jpg

I literally chugged it so we could get over the Wildlife Express in time for the next ride over to Rafiki's Planet Watch.
AP0beP.jpg

We made it just in time.

Up Next: The Princess of Wisconsin

The train arrived and we boarded.
Hk3ezO.jpg

DD got her picture with the elephant statue.
hjIu51.jpg

and then we headed to the main building for a bit.
58CYAI.jpg

After walking around a bit we headed over to the Affection Section for our first visit ever :)
We met some interesting characters in there... lol
SX6oiV.jpg

NugGf5.jpg

wDR8Wn.jpg

On our way back to the train, we ran into someone very special! GiTar Dan was out singing songs about guests! Of course he chose DD and we got it all on video. He sang about her being the Princess of Wisconsin and how she loves to come down to Disney World.
ysqHl1.jpg

What a gem to have roaming around. He certainly made our day!
1krIOA.jpg

Soon we were on our way back...
16WUzG.jpg

iRjjbg.jpg

We were just standing around watching these birds when they all started flying over our heads one by one.
bTAs60.jpg

Some of them flew pretty far to other trees but they all stayed in the same area. DD's grandpa has one of these macaws but we never get to see him fly like that.
We made our way over to Dinoland for a quick ride back to prehistoric times.
RsyFRO.jpg

CiEKnd.jpg

After the ride we had a decision to make... where to go for lunch. Normally we do TS restaurants so it was fun trying to pick a new place to try. We settled on Flame Tree BBQ. It was a little after 1pm and the lines were looong. It was hot in the sun so I sent DD over to a shaded area to sit and wait for me. I waited in line for about 20 minutes before getting up to the podium. My order took another ten minutes to fill... again, this is why I'm not a QS fan.
Lrw8lU.jpg

xBSOm5.jpg

The food certainly did not impress me. DD's was completely prepackaged in plastic which I found ironic since they give you paper straws in this park (not plastic) but all the kid food is wrapped in plastic... hmmm...
k5dgQx.jpg

We were tired and ready to go... on our way out we saw DeVine hanging out by the exit so we quick got a pic with her.
CvxSPC.jpg

Up Next: Our Night Off

What a lovely girly trip you seem to have had - you're daughter is certainly a very lucky girl!

I dream of one day having a daughter who I can take to Disney World x

Thank you Teresa! Enjoy your upcoming trip :)

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it. It will be just me and the DH this time around! Haven't had one of those trips for a while. Your TR reminds me of the trips I've taken with my DD, just us two, the first one being when she was 12, almost 13. That was an adventure, LOL! We took our 4 grandsons in October 2013, and they were ages at that time, almost 8, 2 1/2, 16 months, & 9 months. There were 19 people on that trip, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and even exes! I should write a TR about that trip, LOL. Suffice it to say I won't be planning one of those again, but I can't wait until the boys are around your daughter's age. I think that is such a magical time, and now we are up to 5 grandsons. Still holding out hope for a little princess some day soon!

How lovely to have a trip for the 2 of you.

I did the tea party with my DD when she was almost 5. Lovely to look back on the pics now she is 9 and her princess dress wearing days are no more.

What a lovely girly trip you seem to have had - you're daughter is certainly a very lucky girl!

I dream of one day having a daughter who I can take to Disney World x

Thank you so much! It really was a perfect trip. I'm so glad we were able to pull it off!

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it. It will be just me and the DH this time around! Haven't had one of those trips for a while. Your TR reminds me of the trips I've taken with my DD, just us two, the first one being when she was 12, almost 13. That was an adventure, LOL! We took our 4 grandsons in October 2013, and they were ages at that time, almost 8, 2 1/2, 16 months, & 9 months. There were 19 people on that trip, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and even exes! I should write a TR about that trip, LOL. Suffice it to say I won't be planning one of those again, but I can't wait until the boys are around your daughter's age. I think that is such a magical time, and now we are up to 5 grandsons. Still holding out hope for a little princess some day soon!

I dream of an alone trip with DH! Also, a big family trip sounds like so much fun! The kids grow up way too fast... I wish I could fit more trips in. The ones we are lucky enough to take, we have to make sure they count :)

How lovely to have a trip for the 2 of you.

I did the tea party with my DD when she was almost 5. Lovely to look back on the pics now she is 9 and her princess dress wearing days are no more.

Thanks! I think 5 or 6 is the perfect age for the tea party and so worth it! It's a once in a lifetime thing though.

We took the rest of the night off... decided to do a little swimming. It was slightly drizzling out so the pool was fairly empty.
fDNWMX.jpg

We had dinner reservations at Boatwright's.
HNTvtL.jpg

We were seated right next to the fireplace which was nice and cozy.
PtdSgV.jpg

The cornbread was yummy... I think we finished it all.
4LoyaC.jpg

I ordered the Colonel's Peace's Crawfish Pieces which was excellent... plenty of spice.
J4JDNP.jpg

I went with Boatwright's Jumbalaya for my entree... SO good. I wish there had been more shrimp with it though.
LKwzJ5.jpg

DD had a pizza with fries.
NX1SiW.jpg

I had to have a piece of pecan pie for dessert.
4OZCDB.jpg

DD had "make your own ice cream sundae" which she devoured.
LHYED8.jpg

I forgot my TIW card back in the room so I had to settle for the AP discount. After dinner I visited guest services where I paid off more of our tab with gift cards... DD made some friends by the tv.
uqkRO0.jpg

We enjoyed our walk back to the room and even got to see some horses!
zjFZqd.jpg

Originally I had planned to stay and wait to see Yee-haw Bob's show but we were so tired, I don't think we would've made it till his 8pm show anyways. I regret not waiting though... oh well, something for next time!

Up Next: How would YOU like to...???

Since we had such a great night off the previous night, we decided to get up extra early and head over to Hollywood Studios for EMH!
P28po9.jpg

Today was Dapper Day at HS. I had bought a super cute blue gingham style dress for DD with a hair tie to match... of course she didn't want to wear it. She opted for her Elsa dress again. Sure, whatever... not worth the fight.. haha.
We arrived and got okayed to go up to the turnstiles with our bands (they were checking to let people up into that area ahead of time).
54EwpF.jpg

This was going to be the last Saturday for Frozen Summer Fun so DD was super excited about all of the "Let It Go's" we were going to be singing.
v557Nm.jpg

We walked through the turnstiles and we were immediately approached by a CM. She asked if we would be busy around 11am that morning and I said no. She asked if we would like to be in the Anna & Elsa parade that day at Hollywood Studios!!!!! I could NOT believe my ears! She gave us both wristbands with the date on them along with an official invitation from Anna & Elsa and told us to be back by the First Aid building by 10:45am.

OH MY GOSH!!! I seriously could not wrap my head around this. DD was excited but nowhere near the level that I was at.. haha.

We walked into HS and Olaf welcomed everyone to the park... we headed straight over to Toy Story Mania and I couldn't hold it in anymore.
3AZikU.jpg

Since it was EMH, it was only 7am back at home... I knew my DH would be sleeping considering it was Saturday. So I called my dad and immediately started crying as I was telling him... lol. I was such a mess.
bbtsNn.jpg

I was so hyped up over the parade, I scored my highest ever on TSM!
2Gwxkf.jpg

I posted my news to Facebook (which I ended up getting over 120 likes on - pretty sure that's my highest ever.. ha) and called DH to tell him the great news. We got some magic shots taken in Arendelle.
RAKo1a.jpg

wbYVuQ.jpg

We walked around a bit... went on Star Tours and took some pics.
f25r6G.jpg

5YhBuN.jpg

We had an Olaf cupcake from Starring Rolls for breakfast.
kUGh7X.jpg

VSthJE.jpg

Checked to see if DD was big enough for Rocknrollercoaster yet...
uW2WCd.jpg

Unfortunately, that was a no :(
We were then waiting for our FP time on Tower of Terror... I don't know why we decided to do that ride again. This would be both of our second times on the ride ever. DD was 4 the last time she went on so I really don't think she even remembered it. I knew I didn't care for it but I didn't remember it being that bad... we got in line immediately at the beginning of our FP time (10:10am). I figured 35 minutes would be plenty of time to get through the line, on and off the ride and over to the First Aid station for our big parade!
NxnGPs.jpg

9qxjbJ.jpg

This line took FOREVER. At 10:25 they made an announcement that only one of the elevators was currently operating so wait times were a little longer... great! I seriously contemplated getting out of the line but then we started moving quicker.
wMtlMi.jpg

aumF2a.jpg

We boarded the elevator at 10:35am! We were in the front row and DD kept her hands up the entire time (brave soul!)
E2BIWK.jpg

I've said this before and I'll say it again... never ever ever will I go on that ride again. Until our next trip at least... (you can hear me screaming the whole time on our video... ugh!)
We got off the ride and booked it as fast as we could to the First Aid Station... it was starting to get really, really warm outside!!!

Up Next: Experience of a Lifetime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter