New addition to family makes 5: Is a studio still an option?

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
I recall reading that studios are not an option for families of 5. Actually, I think I read that a few in Animal Kingdom are ok for 5. A friend who is also a DVC member told me today that you can stay anywhere as long as you provide your own bedding. Which is the case?

Thank you!

What about 1BR's?

Also, is it like a hotel where, if you take an extra person and don't make a scene, there really is no issue? I feel bad asking that, but we are taking in a foster child, and DVC is really the only area that I need to figure out. We have points for a studio, and I would love to take him. We can still make a trip work somehow, but it would be way easier and cheaper if we could make it work in a studio.

The 1 bedrooms that have sleeping for 5 are AKV, except values, BLT, and VGF. The others are the ones that state you must provide your own bedding for the 5th person.

You get magic bands for each person registered, so I think it is not a case that you just slip in someone. Go with the villas that can have all names on the reservation.

Bobbi:)

I recall reading that studios are not an option for families of 5. Actually, I think I read that a few in Animal Kingdom are ok for 5. A friend who is also a DVC member told me today that you can stay anywhere as long as you provide your own bedding. Which is the case?

Thank you!

While the new addition is an infant (less than 3 years old), you're still okay in a studio that sleeps 4. The first infant doesn't count. Once s/he turns 3, however, you'll need to worry about occupancy rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter