new attractions for 2003

sunking

Tag Fairy? We don't need no stinkin' Tag Fairy.
yesterday, safari steve, who i consider to be a pretty good source of information, mentioned that disney would be opening three new attractions in 2003...1 in mk and 2 in epcot...the new attraction in the magic kingdom is mickeys philharmagic...one of the new attractions in epcot is mission: space...what is the second new attraction in epcot????
also, any other major changes for the world during 2003???
thanx for any help...
sunking

Wow... why didn't you just PM me?
The Circle-Vision film Wonders of China at Epcot will be updated this year.

The security bag-check areas will become permanant structures (construction has already begun at MK). I already posted about that on the rumors/news board (along with some other recent changes).

Hey,

Any chance they'll be letting guests "test" Mission: Space in March (oh, let's say, the 2nd week???) wishful thinking on my part :)

The security bag-check areas will become permanant structures (construction has already begun at MK). I already posted about that on the rumors/news board (along with some other recent changes).
Don't think that ranks as an attraction unless of course standing in line is now considered one.

Don't think that ranks as an attraction unless of course standing in line is now considered one.

No, but it does fall under "any other major changes".

I'm sorry to say that the chances that anyone will be riding M:S in march, especially the public, are quite slim.

Originally posted by Safari Steve
No, but it does fall under "any other major changes".

I'm sorry to say that the chances that anyone will be riding M:S in march, especially the public, are quite slim.

Any chance for early June?

Yes, it very well could be open by June, but no official date had been released yet. They are pushing to have it open before the end of the summer.

This is all interesting news.
couple questions

1. what ride is Mickeys Philharmagic replacing at MK?
2. mission space, is this a ride a 7yr would like?

Thanks all

Philharmagic is replacing the Lion King.
MS for a 7 yr old--use your judgement on what kind of things your child can handle. I'm thinking from everything I've read it may be too intense for my 7yo.

Mickey's PhilharMagic will open in the old Fantasyland Theatre, most recently home to the Legend of the Lion King puppet show.

Mission:Space will be a high-gravity/low-gravity thrill ride (there are plenty of websites with fairly accurate technical descriptions... check out wdwmagic.com) A seven year old may or may not like the ride and may or may not be able to ride... that remains to be seen. There will be some fun interactive experiences in the post-show area, which will be accessible to people who don't/can't ride.

You guys are wonderful as always :)

Thanks.

I'm thinkng at this time my 7 yr old won't be able to ride mission space. but who knows, by the time they actually open it she just might be up to it. Sounds like fun though. We are still waiting to ride RNR, height requirements. Ooops I should say she is still waiting.

Wheeeww! I was thinking for a minute that it was all over for COP. I really like that ride and wish it was open more often. Time Keeper too.

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter