New BOG Dinner Menu

I loved Jackie and Craig's video review. Can't wait to try it.

Am I the only old lady who wanted to tell Craig to take off his hat?? :rotfl:

After looking at the pictures and the menu, I don't see why $55 for the salad, filet, and dessert trio is so outrageous. With the TIW card, it will be $44 per person which is actually a steal for what you get. My daughters (ages 13 and 15) love steak so where else can we get filet for that price?? I told them that even though the appetizers have ZERO appeal to them, they can order whatever they want and I they hate it, they don't have to eat it. They will get plenty to eat with the steak and dessert and the price is not out of line. The only test will be if the filet is truly as tasty as the filet at, say, Jiko or Yachtsman.

The issue is that while the beef and pork dishes may be worth the money, to charge the same for a vegetarian pasta dish that isn't using truffles/saffron or other rare spices/herbs is highway robbery.

I'm excited about the change to the menu. I loved the menu when the restaurant first opened, the shrimp and scallop dish was delicious. The desserts were not very exciting, but I liked the change to the grey stuff in 2017. I did like the trio salad though and that will be missed. What won't be missed are the fries that my husband received in Dec. 2016. They were nothing like a truffle fry, not crispy and not good. He felt like they brought him fries from the hot dog stand outside. I have read that the bouillabaisse was not all that great and that is disappointing and I wish the dessert, while adorable, did not have raspberry and lemon. Looking forward to trying it all in Jan. though.

I don’t think the price really went up in comparison to what it was. If you were to order a side salad, entree, dessert, and soda, it would equal 55 a person anyway.

Does anyone know how strict Disney restaurants are about adults ordering from the children's menu? I am a strict vegetarian and not a huge eater. I would be more than happy to order the children's fruit/cheese plate for an app, a small mac & cheese for dinner and the slightly smaller dessert for $35.
I actually thing the $55 price tag for people who eat meat isn't bad, the price for the vegetarian options is ridiculous.

Does anyone know how strict Disney restaurants are about adults ordering from the children's menu? I am a strict vegetarian and not a huge eater. I would be more than happy to order the children's fruit/cheese plate for an app, a small mac & cheese for dinner and the slightly smaller dessert for $35.
I actually thing the $55 price tag for people who eat meat isn't bad, the price for the vegetarian options is ridiculous.
My only experience with this was at CRT, which isn’t really the same because the meal is prepaid. I went with friends for breakfast and didn’t like any of the adult menu options, so I asked for a children’s menu option. They brought me a bigger size of the children’s meal, I guess because it was already paid for as an adult meal. I was very happy with it though. Maybe they’d do the same at BOG?

Highly doubt they would let an adult order from a kids menu at a pre fix menu restaurant. If they did, I'd assume you would get charged $55 either way.

I like all the changes except for the price point of the kid's menu. For that reason alone, I'll be cancelling my ADR. If it was a more reasonable price then I would have gladly kept my ADR. I feel the adult price is fair. I'll be emailing Disney to let them know, just so my concerns will at least be heard/discarded :D

No! Stop it! A dozen different people have told you that macaron IS. THE. CORRECT. SPELLING. Jetsdad even posted images of the definitions.

Are you saying every. single. dictionary. is wrong?
Every. French. Bakery?
Every. restaurant. that. offers. this. dessert?
Every seller on Amazon?
Please, just stop. It's one thing to stick to your guns when you're right. This isn't one of those times.

Looks interesting, but not $55 interesting

Last edited:
No! Stop it! A dozen different people have told you that macaron IS. THE. CORRECT. SPELLING. Jetsdad even posted images of the definitions.

Are you saying every. single. dictionary. is wrong?
Every. French. Bakery?
Every. restaurant. that. offers. this. dessert?
Every seller on Amazon?
Please, just stop. It's one thing to stick to your guns when you're right. This isn't one of those times.
Grammar and Google are hard, apparently...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter