New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

I think we all expected this

Image result for oprah gif

I was planning to get as much ready for my trip tomorrow before going to an MLS game. Guess those plans need adjusted around 3 PM EST.

I didn't see it in the Things to Know. Is there a separate FAQ?

My D23 Expo badges haven’t arrived yet and I’m concerned I won’t receive them before I depart for D23 Expo. What do I do?
If you do not receive your badges before you have to depart for the Expo, you can visit D23 Expo Will Call at North Hall Level 200 at the Anaheim Convention Center when you arrive to have a new badge issued. Please bring your purchase Confirmation ID# or email confirmation as well as photo ID.

Will Call hours are: Thursday, August 22 through Saturday, August 24 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 25 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.

https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-reservations-faq/

I didn't see it in the Things to Know. Is there a separate FAQ?
Do either of these answers help?

My D23 Expo badges haven’t arrived yet and I’m concerned I won’t be able to participate in online reservations. What should I do?
Please visit D23Expo.com/Activate to look up your badge number using your purchase Confirmation ID and email address used to purchase tickets.
Once you retrieve your badge numbers, you can then activate their badge and participate in online reservations on Friday, August 16.
If you do not receive your badges before you have to depart for D23 Expo, you can visit D23 Expo Will Call at North Hall Level 200 at the Anaheim Convention Center when you arrive to have a new badge issued. Please bring your purchase Confirmation ID# or email confirmation as well as a photo ID. All reservations that you have made and confirmed will transfer to your new badges.
My D23 Expo badges haven’t arrived yet and I’m concerned I won’t receive them before I depart for D23 Expo. What do I do?
If you do not receive your badges before you have to depart for the Expo, you can visit D23 Expo Will Call at North Hall Level 200 at the Anaheim Convention Center when you arrive to have a new badge issued. Please bring your purchase Confirmation ID# or email confirmation as well as photo ID.
Will Call hours are: Thursday, August 22 through Saturday, August 24 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 25 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Thanks everyone for the updates! My expo app does not appear to be pushing notifications so I'd still be frantically refreshing.
Disney IT strikes again. Sorcerer tickets (goes down every time!)... Galaxy's Edge reservations... now this. This doesn't bode well for Disney+

I've worked on several large scale IT projects and I find it interesting that they didn't test every badge type. And possibly, they didn't performance test this which you can replicate tens of thousands of users logging in at the same time. I kind of feel like we all just performed Disney's testing for them...and we didn't get paid...and we paid to do it (time out of our day.) I love Disney but I am really astonished how they can constantly muck up their technical applications but continue to report well financially (so they can afford better testing!)

I'm a big Disney fan. I usually trust that they will always to right, based on my previous experiences with the company.

But does anybody else feel like this is an indicator that we are going to have nothing but issues and underwhelming effort from this expo? I'm going to E-mail them and ask for my money back. I am truly concerned that this is just the tip of the iceberg in trouble with this years expo.

Good one. The Anger has faded, I'm firmly into the Disgust category.

It's the 5 stages of Disney reservations:
  1. Denial – The first reaction is denial. In this stage, individuals believe the webpage is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.
  2. Anger – When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, they become frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".
  3. Bargaining – The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid losing the reservation. Usually, the negotiation for more time is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle.
  4. Depression/Disgust – "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?". During the fourth stage, the individual despairs at the recognition of thee loss of the reservation and time spent trying to get it. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time sullen.
  5. Acceptance – "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it; I may as well prepare for it. Maybe I can use the ADR cancellation thread or Touring Plans reservation finder or the Gold Member queue or the standby line" In this last stage, individuals embrace the loss and inevitable future of coming up with a back up plan and sleeping on the cold hard floor.

Thanks everyone for the updates! My expo app does not appear to be pushing notifications so I'd still be frantically refreshing.
Disney IT strikes again. Sorcerer tickets (goes down every time!)... Galaxy's Edge reservations... now this. This doesn't bode well for Disney+

I feel you - I'd hope, seeing as that project has massive implications on their stock price, that they'd get their act together for Disney+.

I'm a big Disney fan. I usually trust that they will always to right, based on my previous experiences with the company.

But does anybody else feel like this is an indicator that we are going to have nothing but issues and underwhelming effort from this expo? I'm going to E-mail them and ask for my money back. I am truly concerned that this is just the tip of the iceberg in trouble with this years expo.
I would be more concerned about the new Disney+ streaming service than I am about Expo, Expo is one weekend, streaming service needs to be up & running 24x7x365.

The stupid webpage still says it's today :sad2: You would think they could have managed to update that in 27 minutes.

EDIT: They must have read my post. It just updated.

We knew this would happen to some extent but I feel like I'm in a "dis-functional" relationship with Disney. We keep coming back for more and more. How many of us turned our days upside down for this and now tomorrow too?? But we keep coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter