New Disney Book - The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World

I got this book week before last at Books-a-Million. I have really enjoyed reading it as it has alot of interesting facts in it. :thumbsup2 I'm always looking for a "new" Disney fix so this one should last me hopefully until the new ones come out around October.:yay:

Although nothing is arranged yet, we're hoping we can set up a book-signing session for Susan in Orlando this summer

OK, this ISN'T Orlando, and it's some way off (so definitely not the summer :rotfl: ), but Susan has now got her first book-signing confirmed and, for anyone in the south-east Michigan/north-west Ohio area, it will be at Barnes & Noble in Brighton, MI, on Saturday October 24, and possibly Northville as well the same day.

Things moving quite fast in this part of the world!

So glad I came across this thread as I was looking for an up to date book. I had a feeling the UK amazon site would not have any but they do!:yay: Just ordered one!!!!!! Going to try to save it for the 9 hour flight!!!! (bet I fail and devour it before we go!!!!!!)

I bought my copy last week :thumbsup2

We actually have 4 Barnes & Noble stores in our area, and only one was carrying it for the early release date. I had to talk to a person at the customer service desk and they searched all the other stores and found it for me.

If you have gone on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, the MK chapter is similiar stuff (with some extras.) It's a great book so far!!! I'm through all the MK info and almost all the way through the Epcot stuff :)

I just picked it up!!! Can't wait to read it!!

I picked up this book last week. And while I've been mostly pleased with it, I'm a little disappointed with some of the mistakes that are in it. I won't go into detail, but just say that some ride descriptions need to be updated since the refurbs happened two years ago. And another ride is relegated to a quick mention at the end of the chapter and not even included in the descriptions of rides in its land (and it's been open for two years).

Also, the rat in Ratatouille is named REMY, not Ratatouille. I know that some other things were wrong, or not updated.

Again, just a few mistakes, but enough for me to be disappointed that things were not more accurate.

Other than the mistakes, I think it's a great read.

I picked up the book two days ago and got through some of it.
I still don't get the smell of fresh baked cookies down Main Street.
I never noticed the smell before. Is it wafting all day long or just sporadically?
Is it coming from the bakery when they are baking?

I don't get it.:confused3

I also never saw the Flag lowering ceremony. That's something I'd like to see on our next visit. I learned some interesting things so far from that book.

Just as a quick update, Jim Hill Media posted a very positive review which provides some good insight into the book. Check it out Here!

The book is great!! I particularly found the timelines for each park very interesting. For the pp that was dissapointed in a lack of mention for a certain ride, the book isn't an all inclusive guide book, it just covers (well just like the title says) hidden secrets that even regular visitors might not be aware of.
Simon, please extend my congradulations for a wonderful book to Susan.

Not to steal the thunder of "The Hidden Magic...", but the other book mentioned a couple of pages ago, "Mousejunkies" is also a very entertaining read, I highly recommend both books.

I have just added my 5-star review to the product page on Amazon - we loved the book. We are not WDW newbies, but this book had so much information that was new to us - some of which was quite touching. My review will be posted within 48 hours and should be the 4th one there - why don't some more of the book's fans go over and write a review? Help a former DIS-er out!

:sunny:

I finished this book a few days ago and loved it! I highlighted things I want to check out while I'm there, I'll have to go back through the book right before I go and write it all down!

Thanks to the OP for posting about this book, I ordered it and got it about a week ago. I am half way thru and am really enjoying reading it.

We leave in exactly one week and I am bringing it with me so I can look for some things I didn't see on previous trips.

:thumbsup2

Mary

I did enjoy reading it & think it would be great for any Disney fan.

Added my review on Amazon, and for the first time in my life I left a comment about another persons review. HMMM I wonder if I am getting more opinionated in my old age, or just louder? LOL:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter