New Disney Genie

yep my theory too
Dont think they will the more i look into it and read about it. Disney are relying on the strength and combination of the 50th anniversary and the fact that UK tourists havnt been able to go for almost 2 years (if they allow us to vist next year) to attract visiters. Genie+ will be added to UK hotel packages from 2023 (imo).

Dont think they will the more i look into it and read about it. Disney are relying on the strength and combination of the 50th anniversary and the fact that UK tourists havnt been able to go for almost 2 years (if they allow us to vist next year) to attract visiters. Genie+ will be added to UK hotel packages from 2023 (imo).
that makes sense!

Just seen on DFB that word is that you'll only be able to book each ride once a day on Genie+, no repeats.
Could they actually make it any less attractive?

(To be fair they did say it's not a done deal, so maybe Disney are hawking rumours to judge how it might go down. Market research with an edge :) )

No but they can make more attractive by using the free version to push crowds around to make lines longer and then try and sell you it.

For example . Pirates is 20 mins, so they bing everyone's app "hey go to pirates" you get there to see a 60 min wait bing "hey $15 and you can skip this"

They would be utter trash to allow multiple rides, imagine trying to standby Toy story mania as hordes of families go round on a loop trying to beat their score.

imagine trying to standby Toy story mania as hordes of families go round on a loop trying to beat their score.
Well no. You can only make one booking at a time and the next when you are in line for that. If the ride is busy you'd wouldn't get a new spot straight after your first - probably an hour or two later. Much as fastpass worked.
If the ride isn't busy, you can just go round the standby line anyway.

I thought exactly like you with the predicted queue display - if you predict a low queue it will become a long queue. But my cynicism wasn't up to your level and I didn't see the potential monetisation :eek:

Well no. You can only make one booking at a time and the next when you are in line for that. If the ride is busy you'd wouldn't get a new spot straight after your first - probably an hour or two later. Much as fastpass worked.
If the ride isn't busy, you can just go round the standby line anyway.

I thought exactly like you with the predicted queue display - if you predict a low queue it will become a long queue. But my cynicism wasn't up to your level and I didn't see the potential monetisation :eek:

Im not talking one family im talking alot of people reusing the genie on the same ride. I know people that used FP+ a few times to get on TSM. If that happened again with a decent amount of people then it would be an endless line of genie guests. Same with any major ride, sure the first family would have to wait an hour but then another family gets on and so on and so on meaning that the ride is jammed up with genie riders all day.

If that happens then you have two choices, stand in line for hours and hours holding the moral high ground, or you join the rest and pay up.

As for my distrust of Disney, they earned that on their own with constant upsell and charges and removal of perks. They are doing everything possible to drain money from guests. Indeed the latest no more tickets to uk guests unless you tell them a date you will use them stinks of surge charging coming our way.

Admittedly I got my tickets in April for next year but despite giving a date they show in MDE as valid 1st Jan 2022 to 14th Jan 2023, ie any two weeks next year, definitely not tied to a start date.

Admittedly I got my tickets in April for next year but despite giving a date they show in MDE as valid 1st Jan 2022 to 14th Jan 2023, ie any two weeks next year, definitely not tied to a start date.

We may be lucky with pre booked stuff. But Attraction tickets direct sending out emails asking for dates is one step from disney surge pricing them in future.

We finished paying for our Ultimate tickets with Trailfinder's today. My husband asked if Genie+ was now included. The guy on the phone prevaricated for a while, then told us to call Disney and ask.

So that's what we'll be doing tomorrow. I'll update here when I find out what we've actually paid for. I really hope Genie+ is included: only three of us are over three years old, but that's still $45 a day I'd rather be spending on waffles!

We finished paying for our Ultimate tickets with Trailfinder's today. My husband asked if Genie+ was now included. The guy on the phone prevaricated for a while, then told us to call Disney and ask.

So that's what we'll be doing tomorrow. I'll update here when I find out what we've actually paid for. I really hope Genie+ is included: only three of us are over three years old, but that's still $45 a day I'd rather be spending on waffles!

I wish you all the luck in the world but my last conversation with disney about it went no where at all. I got a phone call from them when i sent a large complaint email. I told them it was unworkable as 14 nights of upcharge was to much. I told them i was thinking of cancelling as i only have a £50 deposit i even gave them the Res number and asked them if they could do it over the phone there and then.

At no point did they offer me anything. All i got was "we are aware" "things change" "you have a long time before paying your balance"

If you have already paid for your tickets then you have no bargaining chips at all sadly

Last edited:
For me it was a complete vacation, Free DDP, free transfers, FP all sorted meals booked. Its all taken care of. I get off the plane get the bags and im done for 2 weeks.

Now its hassle and if im going to suffer hassle i might as well stay else where and save money and see more things.
Iberostar here I come 👌

Just seen on DFB that word is that you'll only be able to book each ride once a day on Genie+, no repeats.

(To be fair they did say it's not a done deal, so maybe Disney are hawking rumours to judge how it might go down. Market research with an edge :) )

knowing disney, the answer to that would be a yes
i'm sure they're working on it as i write this, "how can we make it even less attractive"..

Posting this here seeing as it's now live and someone may know. We have 14 day ultimate tickets for next year, bought from Virgin which are registered with the app and assigned to the three of us who are going. In new Genie I can see the park reservations we've made. But if I try and access the days, I see "Park reservation : You're good to go!" but if I hit "get started" it tells me "You'll need to link or add valid theme park admission first".

I think that you need to change the date to a date for which you have a park reservation and then run genie.

I think that you need to change the date to a date for which you have a park reservation and then run genie.

No that's what I've done. "My day" / "Change day" (select the day we have a reservation, highlighted in purple to show we have one!) / "Get Started" > FAIL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter