New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Did anyone ever get through on the phone number that comes up To call with a problem? What did they tell you to do?

Ralph

Did anyone ever get through on the phone number that comes up To call with a problem? What did they tell you to do?

Ralph
I tried calling the number about 30 -40 times over the past few hours and just get silence and then it beeps and disconnects. I gave up and am hoping the system bug is fixed in the next day or so, if not I am going to try tomorrow.

I tried calling the number about 30 -40 times over the past few hours and just get silence and then it beeps and disconnects. I gave up and am hoping the system bug is fixed in the next day or so, if not I am going to try tomorrow.
I have done the same. I just get a busy signal. One time it rang and rang, and I got really excited until I realized I'd dialed 800 for the area code instead of 407.

So I got to thinking. Even though we have a valid AP and have DVC reservations, the system only let us reserve 4 Park Days. Other DVC/AP members are reporting they're only allowed 3 Park Days. So why did we get 4 Park Days? Then it dawned on me. We also have 4 NE Tickets remaining in our MDE account. Our AP was just extended from 10/13/20 to 2/7/21. Our Oct reservation starts 10/26, after our original AP expiration.

I think in my case, the Park Reservation defaulted to my 4 NE tickets, hence allowed 4 days of Parks vs. the DVC/AP glitch of 3. I am now wondering if I need to go back to Guest Services and have our APs prioritized as first ticket again. So frustrating, especially if we miss out on getting a Park reservation because of Disney's IT glitches.

I have done the same. I just get a busy signal. One time it rang and rang, and I got really excited until I realized I'd dialed 800 for the area code instead of 407.

I called the # in the error message (ends in 7917). Got through after like an hour and a half. I can only book for 7 days of my 13 days in total stays (DVC villa/AP). I demanded they put in an IT ticket because I want a record of my issue. He did and told me they would probably have it resolved by tonight or early tomorrow morning. I am not holding my breath. What a disaster.

The screen says to call this number if you think you got the message that the people can’t get more park days in error.
407-939-7917

I was able to book all 7 days of my July trip but could only book 1 day of 4 days for my December trip and then got the exceeded my limit error. So it allowed me to book 8 days and I have an AP that expires on 11/12/2020 with an active renewal certificate.

Tried calling and it is either nothing or a busy signal.

This is pretty much exactly where I am. I was able to book Nov 25 (after booking 7 days at the beginning of August) . That is bound to be part of my AP renewal (that's in but not activated, of course), but when I tried to do the 26, it locked me out and says our number of days has reached its limit for a total of 8.

I ain't even about to try and call. Just praying that by tomorrow, maybe there's something left and it's fixed. My defense is going to be I would have booked it all today if it had let me, and if they don't, I'm unlikely to be happy camper. I did everything exactly as I was supposed to do exactly when I was supposed to do it. That ain't on me. Somebody at a very high level is going to have to rationalize to me how it was my fault.

Last edited:
My AP does not expire until May because of the extension so that is not my issue. I have called 50+ times

Discouraged.

denise

After it taking over 100 attempts, got on hold with APH/WDW & waited 2.5 hours

Was told by both a CM & supervisor, it didn’t matter how many DVC reservation dates I have booked thru the end of year...

I’m only eligible to book 14 days with my Platinum APH.

They said my understanding that we qualified for all dates (including the date of checkout) of any reservations while holding an APH was dead wrong

I was able to make park res for upcoming CRO trip 8/11 thru 8/15 i.e. five days

Unable to book anything for Sept/Oct tor Nov/Dec trip, even though by their account I still had 9 days open on the 14 day period.

They acknowledged there are known issues with AP holders & bookings.

I had them file an exception ticket, which will be linked to my MDE account but was told that will be no guarantee by an means as to securing a reservation.

Was advised to keep checking the website for availability. Ridiculous, just will clog up the over-taxed website even more.

Is this really the thread to complain about Disney's policies? We should stay on topic about the mechanics of using the system Disney came up with.

Well Bryan, actually I thought over the last few days this thread whos topic is “New Disney Theme Park reservation system“ was a discussion about said system. I would love to use the system that Disney came up with but since I didnt purchase tickets, I am not allowed to book park visits for my trip. Not sure I agree with that approach and since I am a DVC member, I came to the the DVC forum to post my personal experience with the reservation system and lack of a clear approach for the many others like me in the same situation. . In the past few days I have participated in the discussion to educate myself with their feedback, knowledge and experiences. Maybe we should change the title of the thread to “mechanics” so that people like me arent confused that we are in a general discussion.

Was told by both a CM & supervisor, it didn’t matter how many DVC reservation dates I have booked thru the end of year...

I’m only eligible to book 14 days with my Platinum APH.

They said my understanding that we qualified for all dates (including the date of checkout) of any reservations while holding an APH was dead wrong

That's absurd. There are plenty of people in this thread that have reported booking more than 14 park reservation days.

on DVC board just for 2020?
Yes I have theme park reservations for: 10 days in Aug, 8 in Dec and 3 in May. This is 18 days in 2020 and another 3 in 2021. Unactivated APs and resort stays included 14 days as DVC and 4 days cash just for 2020 stays.

That's absurd. There are plenty of people in this thread that have reported booking more than 14 park reservation days.
I had a different choice word or two come to mind

as with many things Disney, the pixie dust yet again appears to be hit or miss

Disney just sent me a Theme Park Reservation System customer survey!!!! Check out the attached picture. I'll be nice but critical of their system for all of you whom have had massive issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200622-173003_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20200622-173003_Email.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 28

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter