New Disney World AP Pay and get less?

Disney has been a generational company, where parents take their children, who in turn take their children, etc. If you get a generation that goes to the competition instead, that pool of first time guests will start to dry up due to lack of emotional connection.

Disney owns our childhoods. As long as the castle logo features in front of the films children watch on repeat one million times a week, they'll be a new generation waiting for the day they get to visit the parks.

The AP thread on the news forum has a screen shot that says Disney is recommending/requiring doing the upgrade in person at guest services
Thank you! All of you are so helpful and knowlegeable! I do not want to lose my MK park reservation for 10/1, so I will do it towards the end of my trip, in person.

I saw another post where the CM are no longer allowed to use your camera. They had to grab another guest to take the picture for them. It was the only post I saw on the subject. So take it with a grain of salt.
Probably best for another thread....but I can say first hand: when my family was there in Nov. 2021 for 10 days (covering Thanksgiving day), I had 3 instances where the CM would not use our phone to take a picture; however, oddly enough....I asked a CM manager (wearing a dress, not the "uniform") one morning to take a photo and she obliged.

Our out of state platinum passes expire June 2022. I think we are done at that time with APs. With all the other changes to the parks we will be switching to a once a year trip and buying regular tickets. All of the perks of being an AP member and popping in and just enjoying yourself have mostly all been taken away. We still love Disney, and will put up with the restrictions once a year. But I think our AP days and multiple visits a year are over for now. Maybe this is what Disney secretly hopes for? If so it's working.

We are right there with you - and Disney will lose a lot of money on us. This is our third round of out of state Annual Passes for the family; and we've visited over ten times during that time; and brought family along for three of those visits. All but a couple of our trips were for over a week; and we've always stayed in Disney resorts, eaten all our meals onsite, and enjoyed our souvineer spending.

Our current passes expire in March of 2022. My son is fine with not coming back - he's stressed out by all the new changes. My daughter LOVES Disney, but after a DAS nightmare this summer, we are not sure Disney has their act together enough for the parks to be workable or safe for her.

Disney's money grabs lately are nothing short of pathetic; higher prices on everything, much less magic, and terrible service and cleanliness. We had multiple airline vouchers that had to be used in 2021; those are done now. We will likely spend some time at Discovery Cove in 2022; and maybe try Universal?

At most, future Disney visits might be a long weekend with the daughter, but we loved Disney for their excellent service and total immersion in the magic. That's gone, and we will be too.

So, no matter what AP I have, if I staying at a Disney (DVC) resort for 8 days, i can only make 5 park reservations, is this the case or did I miss something?
According to the website you can make a park reservation for each day of your resort stay + x days (according to your pass level)

I assume it's confirmed that the Photopass is $99? Does it need to be added on right away, or can it be added later? DD has a current annual pass, so we could use her memory maker on our October trip. Not sure if I would want to add it to a new pass for me, until after that trip.

I assume it's confirmed that the Photopass is $99? Does it need to be added on right away, or can it be added later? DD has a current annual pass, so we could use her memory maker on our October trip. Not sure if I would want to add it to a new pass for me, until after that trip.
$99 price is posted on WDW website

As a single parent, I loved Memory Maker - I could finally be in pictures with my kids. Yes, the lines are longer and fewer now than they used to be, but my goal has always been to get at least a couple pictures each day of the three of us. No more.

Magical Transport and the former luggage transport system of Disney's was also a HUGE reason for Disneying as a single parent. I didn't need to try to navigate two car seats, bags for three, and two little kids by myself. Disney USED to step in, and make our trips magical. I could check my bags at departure, and Disney would transport my luggage for us and transport US to and from our resort, where I could relax into the "Disney Magical Bubble". All gone.

So, Disney has clearly decided they don't value families like mine; or families with wheelchairs, mobility issues, disabilities, or special needs... I guess they only want healthy families with nannies, or at least lots of other adults - not a family like mine.

Pay more money and get less. The "new" Disney Magic.

Last edited:
Yes - but they're indicating that they're offering a discount on it when you renew a pass - they just haven't said how big the discount is. (Current guess is 15%.)

The MaxPass add-on at DL was available after you bought your AP, so I'd like to hope you'd be able to add it later. (It would just be the same price - not pro-rated for the time you didn't have it.)

No I don't think they want the Floridians either. The lower passes are so blocked it's almost a joke
So sad that they REALLY don't care about the people coming to Disneyworld any more.....all they care about is how much money they can get from us for so much less to offer! although, like they say....if you don't want to go and pay the money, don't go!

Don't overlook this tidbit...

"Please note as we continue to manage attendance to provide a great experience for everyone, at any time, Annual Passes may be unavailable for purchase."

So they can "sell out" too.

But, they did add in this "generous" benefit (insert sarcastic eye-roll here)...
"We’re also introducing a new look for the Annual Passholder program to honor our past while looking forward to the future. Using a piece of the original Walt Disney World Resort logo as a foundation for bright colors and energetic design, the program’s new look puts Passholders right in the middle of the magic."
THANK GOODNESS! What ever would we do without a great LOGO???
And a MAGNET! So totally makes it worth the extra $$!! 🤮

I currently have a 10 day ticket for Oct 1-11 and plan to go back the end of March for 7 days. Should I upgrade before/beginning of my trip or at the end of my trip? Thanks

From what I understand as of September 21 the Memory maker option won't be available on your pass because it will switch over to the new system! I was told that it wouldn't be on my new pass...I currently have the Platinum and when they switch over to the new passes no memory maker/photo pass will be included. I'd check with a CM if I were you. :flower1:

I saw another post where the CM are no longer allowed to use your camera. They had to grab another guest to take the picture for them. It was the only post I saw on the subject. So take it with a grain of salt.

I know they had stopped using your phone/camera when Covid hit, but had started doing it again. I wonder if they stopped again?

Out-of-state are only able to purchase the Incredi-pass, and the other passes are only for FL residents or DVC

I don't know why, but I was floored we only had one option, should have seen it coming, but honestly, just shocked.

EDIT: My shock was based on pure assumption that the availability of DLR passes for out of state guests was a potential sign that WDW would follow suit. Given the Genie+ making it way to both coasts I was hopeful the pass programs would be as well. My own fault for putting ideas into my head of wishful thinking.

DL's AP options are way better, if only because out-of-state folks can actually get a blocked-out pass.

I mean, I never want to go to WDW during the busy season or on most weekends - I would gladly pay less for a blocked-out pass. Instead, my only option is to pay for all of those busy periods, too.

As a former DLR CM and a local, I always had the top tier pass, even as a CM. Because I wanted the ability and flexibility. Now living in MO I visit WDW more than DLR. But I am willing to take a more restricted pass because my visits are planned, and can be flexible. Not any more, its all or nothing with this new structure. UGH.

So, they only want Florida residents to go to DW now? because the Incredi-pass with it's large $$$ is available to people from out of state? they are getting worse by the minute....not only are we having to pay more for the pass but we have to still pay for transportation and lodging! after this trip we are taking in October I'm not sure what we are going to do.

I am still working out math on my upcoming trips to see what I am able to do with this new information. But I agree, the out of staters are the ones paying lodging and food, and we are the ones with the highest $$ pass! Just so upsetting there is no option. We get 1 ... spend or don't come. I guess I finally have to look at the make or break it for us and decide if Disney is an option for us anymore. Everyone has their own threshold, and I feel ours has reached the top.

Last edited:
I'm curious if anyone will simply do what my family did when I was a teenager - grab an AP every other year, do a big trip at the beginning of the pass and another at the end of the pass, and sneak in one or two short trips while we had it.

I was starting to do that before COVID - this pretty much confirms it for me.

(I also wonder if they'll start selling AP vouchers again. That was what got me my current AP - I bought a new AP voucher at the old price when they did the big price increase in 2019. I think it was $950 via third-party, which was cheaper than my renewal would have been that year after the increase.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter