New DVC Member Cards coming next month.

bgraham34

Wilderness Lodger
Hey everyone I just thought I would let you know that a little birdie told me in celebration of DVC's Anniversary new membership cards will be coming next month.

I don't know much beyond that. I think its a re branding of things. She said the cards are a bit boring this go around. But if I can get a picture of one I will post it.

Hey everyone I just thought I would let you know that a little birdie told me in celebration of DVC's Anniversary new membership cards will be coming next month.

I don't know much beyond that. I think its a re branding of things. She said the cards are a bit boring this go around. But if I can get a picture of one I will post it.

It was announced at the annual meeting. The new card will have an expiration date so that those who have sold their DVC can't keep getting discounts. There was a picture in DVC Mike's annual meeting report.

Below is a link to the Condo Meeting recap from Tim at DVCNew.com. He has included an image of the new card design in the recap.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...hments-highlight-an-uneventful-annual-meeting

It was announced at the annual meeting. The new card will have an expiration date so that those who have sold their DVC can't keep getting discounts. There was a picture in DVC Mike's annual meeting report.

So does that mean new cards every yr?

So does that mean new cards every yr?

And does it mean for those with more than one home resort that they have a different card for each specific contract?

(this seems like something they should have thought of at the beginning....)

And does it mean for those with more than one home resort that they have a different card for each specific contract?
If they do what's logical, multiple contracts that fall under a single membership should get one card for each owner.

If you have multiple memberships (as a result of different UYs), you would probably get one for each membership (for each owner).

(this seems like something they should have thought of at the beginning....)

I'd expect it be the same as it is now. You get a member card for each membership, which usually is a different UY, not each contract. If you sell a contract but still have others your membership doesn't change so no need to have cards for each contract.

Agree with Kat4 & Erionm. The member cards have individual membership numbers, so unless one has more than one actual membership, you will have only one member card regardless of the number of contracts on that same membership. I have 5 contracts but they are all on the same membership, so the same member number. If you have more than one member number, you have more than one membership, thus eligible for a card for each membership.

I cannot stand the updated logo that was launched under the Jim Lewis regime. It looks like the logo on the Disney laundry trucks. Or the Disney channel logo. It is so "blah". Not colorful and fun like the old logo. JMHO…...

This is a waste of our money if they do it more than once. They could put a magnetic strip on them that is coded to your membership and if you sell they cancel the card just like a closed credit card. I love how they waste our dollars for rebranding.

Last edited:
Has everyone gotten their new cards? My daughter got hers a few days ago, but we haven't gotten ours. Seemed strange since it's all the same account. I didn't want call if they are still being sent out. Maybe they are working backwards. She's a W and we're A

Has everyone gotten their new cards? My daughter got hers a few days ago, but we haven't gotten ours. Seemed strange since it's all the same account. I didn't want call if they are still being sent out. Maybe they are working backwards. She's a W and we're A

I just got my dues statements a week and a half ago. I'm expecting the member cards in late Feb. :laughing:

Haven't received ours yet - we're in Minnesota. My guess is that they are sending them out in waves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter