New DVC Member ?s

txsoccermom

DIS Veteran
So, I was reading online when I went to look at what size room at each location offered that we don't get daily maid service at the DVC resorts! Is that true? How do we get new/clean towels during our stay? Can we pay xtra for the maid service? I saw a pic of a towel animal in someone's room at HH and was so excited.....then I found out about this :'(

Any other tips I should know???

Thanks!

No, you do not get daily cleaning or towel service. You are more than welcome to launder your own towels in between towel service days. This is information on the member site:

Housekeeping

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Full Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:

Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:

Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

You are a DVC owner now so you don't want people coming into your room. You are required to sleep in and not even go into a park on some vacations. You will cook some meals in your home away from home, and save even more money while enjoying your family vacation. :goodvibes

You get serviced every 4 days. Either trash and towel or a full clean, the schedule changes based on how many days you are staying.

You can pay for extra services if you need them but most people don't.

:earsboy: Bill

And you will happily find one of these over your next 40 years of visits:

IMG_1023.jpg

dvcterry said:
And you will happily find one of these over your next 40 years of visits:

Just something about Disney and a towel animal that go together ;)

Two more questions, if I may.....
1. So if you checkin on a Sun, lv on a Sat, they would come in for a trash/towel service on Wed, the 4th day....correct? Are there towels by the pools to use? Been a few yrs since going to the parks, so I can't remember!

2. Do any studios have a washer/dryer? Or is it only 1BR+? Are there laundry facilities available if we use a studio for several days?

Thanks again!

Just something about Disney and a towel animal that go together ;)

Two more questions, if I may.....
1. So if you checkin on a Sun, lv on a Sat, they would come in for a trash/towel service on Wed, the 4th day....correct? Are there towels by the pools to use? Been a few yrs since going to the parks, so I can't remember!

2. Do any studios have a washer/dryer? Or is it only 1BR+? Are there laundry facilities available if we use a studio for several days?

Thanks again!

1.Yes and there are towels at the pool to use at the pool, not to take to use in the villa.

2. No studios have a washer and dryer in the villa, but they have access to a laundry room that is free for studio guests. But those laundry rooms are small.

Oh, and we have seldom gotten towel animals since we joined DVC. Usually we only got them for cash stays. But the villas might have a little towel creature by the bathroom sink.

Oh, and we have seldom gotten towel animals since we joined DVC. Usually we only got them for cash stays. But the villas might have a little towel creature by the bathroom sink.

That really is a shame. I think they are cute and we end up with pictures each trip. We haven't done any cash stays, only stayed on points and found the creatures and mickey heads each trip. Usually have something on the master bed and one in the boys second bedroom. :confused3

I've always had towel animals in my room at BWV. I don't think housekeeping knows if it will be a cash or points room when they are cleaning after someone checks out.

ry%3D400

Regarding the towel package noted above. Is that per bedroom or per stay? I would certainly hope that we get more than 4 towels in a 2 bedroom. Our first trip is in May so this is our first experience with this.

In a two bedroom, 6 towels are there when you arrive. The same amount are replenished on towel service day.

Regarding the towel package noted above. Is that per bedroom or per stay? I would certainly hope that we get more than 4 towels in a 2 bedroom. Our first trip is in May so this is our first experience with this.

You should get 4 sets of towels in each bathroom (2 hand towels).

The $6 towel package is for 4 sets (2 hand towels), one time delivery. You'll have a washer/dryer, just throw them in before you leave the room.

We have our first WDW trip with our children planned for this spring-- I hope we get a mickey mouse towel animal when we arrive. I'm ok with not having daily housekeeping though -- in the past we've lost small items, kid clothes and toys when the sheets were changed at other hotels.

In a two bedroom, 6 towels are there when you arrive. The same amount are replenished on towel service day.

You should have at least as many towels as sleeping spaces. So if you are in a two bedroom villa, you will have at least eight bath towels, four hand towels and eight face cloths.

If you buy a towel pack, it will not be replaced on your next service day unless you request an additional towel pack.

Don't be disappointed if there is not a towel animal in your room. We have been members since 1999, I have lost track of the times we have stayed at a DVC resort, but it is easy to remember how many times we have had a towel animal because it is zero (0).

The only place you are pretty much guaranteed to see towel animals is on the cruise line. One time, I saved them all up on a seven day cruise, we had a whole zoo lined up on the back of the sofa.

We just had our first DVC stay at OKW and THV and had towel animals at both places- Mickey head at one and swan at the other. And a cute little mouse towel animal greeted us at OKW. Not having mousekeeping didn't bother us a bit.

I can't rememer not having a towel animal in my room and on my most recent stay, last month at OKW, we had a small towel animal on a shelf in our entrance and on our bed a large towel flower.

1.Yes and there are towels at the pool to use at the pool, not to take to use in the villa.

2. No studios have a washer and dryer in the villa, but they have access to a laundry room that is free for studio guests. But those laundry rooms are small.

Hi first time renting points for an AKV studio :lovestruc So do I have access to the washer and dryer? It will be Myself, my mom and my ds9 and My mom will prob want to wash towels at some point...Just wondering if as renters we would still have access to the laundry??? Also what if we wanted to empty the trash before day 4 is there somewhere to do so?
TIA

Hi first time renting points for an AKV studio :lovestruc So do I have access to the washer and dryer? It will be Myself, my mom and my ds9 and My mom will prob want to wash towels at some point...Just wondering if as renters we would still have access to the laundry??? Also what if we wanted to empty the trash before day 4 is there somewhere to do so?
TIA

There is a laundry room somewhere in the building that you can use. But it is shared with other guests, so you need to stay with your laundry and get it out as soon as it is done. It is free and you will need your room key to get into the room. You will not be supplied any laundry detergent, but you should be able to purchase some in either the store or from a vending machine in the laundry room.

There are trash rooms, probably on each floor. There will be empty trash bags in the bottom of the trash can.

Over many DVC years (maybe 18?) we've seen towel animals or playful arrangement of stuffed animals about half the time.

I am pretty sure the odds increased when we've remembered to leave a $5 under the mousekeeping card and make it visible as they start their work on our room...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter