NEW DVC Resort!!

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
FYI - I just got the DVC newsletter yesterday and saw they have in the making a new DVC resort at Eagle Pines Golf Course. It's nice to know that they are expanding the resorts so that we have a larger amount of options to choose from. I was really excited to hear abou this. The first leg is to be completed I think around 2003-2004.

THis was annouced a couple weeks ago here on the dis. We all decided it was a good idea then too!;)

I'm always the last to know!!!! I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago I guess that's why I missed the news!!!

:D

Regardless of when you hear the news, it's still an exciting development. Hope all is going well for you.

Figaro -- Glad to have you back and hope you are feeling okay. I haven't gotten my VM yet. If you go the Member Site they have some pictures of the new resort as well.

It's better to repeat news than to miss out on something. ;)

Thanks PamOKW. I just looked over the member website. I hadn't checked it in a few weeks.

Hey, by the way....In case nobody knows I just found out our President is George W. Bush!!!!!

It appears that the idea of DVC II may have just been conjured up on this board then.... It seems that since they are announcing it to existing members then it will most likely still be part of the original DVC.

When we purchased at BWV in early 2000, our guide never mentioned that they may add additional resorts - all we know about was OKW, BWV, VB and HH. I suppose that they didn't want us to hold off until a new resort was offered but we were very pleasantly surprised with the addition of WLV and then the Beach Club Villas and now this...

I don't mind speculation in general but I think that we should be alittle careful about bringing up the idea of a DVC II before DVC gets the idea from us.

Lauri

Originally posted by Island_Lauri
It appears that the idea of DVC II may have just been conjured up on this board then.... It seems that since they are announcing it to existing members then it will most likely still be part of the original DVC.

When we purchased at BWV in early 2000, our guide never mentioned that they may add additional resorts - all we know about was OKW, BWV, VB and HH. I suppose that they didn't want us to hold off until a new resort was offered but we were very pleasantly surprised with the addition of WLV and then the Beach Club Villas and now this...

I don't mind speculation in general but I think that we should be alittle careful about bringing up the idea of a DVC II before DVC gets the idea from us.
Lauri, the new resort could, and I believe will, have a different ending date and still be a member of the DVC. I think a seperate new Vacation Club is dramtically unlikely. Your last statement reminds me of an encounter I had a few years ago. We were discussing possible changes and I posted that I anticipated an adjustment in the weekend, weekday points structure. A lady who I shall not name got very angry that I had posted such a rumor and that if it did happen, it would be my fault. I sent her an email apologizing for upsetting her but of course did not retract my statement. She wouldn't even respond directly, just posted for people not to send her personal emails. Obviously it hasn't happened yet, at least not again, but I still expect eventually that DVC will eventually need to make some adjustment of either the points and/or the minimum nights that can be scheduled.

If you're saying not to post such items of discussion, "I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand opposed" to quote Jack Nicholson from a few good men. LOL.

If anybody referred to a "DVCII" in this thread it was you.

I actually thought your response was an error. And honestly I don't know what you are talking about. This new resort was in a Newsletter that DVC sent me.

Again....WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

I was only referring to previous posts where people had brought up the idea of a DVCII. I believe this idea was brought up because many people felt that with DVC ending in January 2042, people would not be interested in purchasing DVC in the future if the ending date was not pushed back.

I was not blaming anyone for anything. I was just commenting that by us discussing the idea of a DVC II - maybe those in charge would say - that is not a bad idea. I was also wondering about people writing that DVC will reach $100 a point by the time EPV is offered for sale. It is possible that DVC might not been considering such amounts but if they read our board, they might start thinking that if people are willing to pay that amount.... A self-fulfilling prophecy...

I had noticed a few posts where people where wondering if they should hold off purchasing because there would be a DVCII with a later ending date as mentioned by others. So, the only reason that I did mention any of this is that I though it was a positive thing for the Vacation Magic to bring up the new villas - which left me to believe that they would become part of our existing DVC and not the beginning of something new.

Lauri

P.S. If you do a searchh for DVCII in our forum, you will come up with 16 threads commenting on the idea of a DVCII including one entilted "DVC expiring and DVC II" and another "DVC II - New Vacation Club Program?"

I think you give these boards too much power. I agree that talking about DVCII may confuse people considering purchasing but it won't influence how Disney runs and prices DVC. We are too small in the scheme of things to carry much weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter