New England Cars 2 Meet to benefit the Power of 10 -WE RAISED $10,000

Val & I wanted to say we had a great time at the event today. It was a lot of fun meeting friends, new and old. It didn't look like we had anybody hiding int he corners as everybody seemed to be chatting with someone. Glad some you came out of your shell. :)

A special thanks to Tara and her Diva's for pulling this together. Obviously a lot of work went into organizing the event and it all came off very nicely. :worship:

Just blown away at the fact that the event raised over $10,000 for Give Kids the World. :cheer2:

Our first DIS event and as we got out of the car the first thing that happened was our warm welcome from Jeff & Val! Thanks for making us feel included right from the start! What a wonderful event! Tara and her Diva's - incredible! You should be so proud of yourselves! Not only for the fabulous outcome for GKTW but giving so many of us first timers at a DIS event such a great experience. Now we can't wait for 3.0!! And actually getting to meet Pete, Kathy & Walter after years of listening to the podast - priceless!
Thanks everyone!

Ellen & Cindy CT

Tara- You did such an amazing job! I was sad to have missed it but I knew it would be a big success and it turned out to be a HUGE success!!!! It was great working with you and all the other DIVA ELVES!!!!

I hope we can get together in the next few weeks to celebrate the success of this event!!!!

Kathy- Thanks for sharing the photos on FB! I got to see my DH today as well as my youngest climbing in the bouncy house! Can't wait to meet you next year on PCC3.0!!!!

Thanks so much to Tara & the Divas for this amazing event :grouphug:

My Mom & I had an awesome time at our very first DIS meet.

The movie , the food and most of all the company was perfect :thumbsup2

Big shout out to my table mates: Karen , Kaye , Christine & Melissa :goodvibes

After five years of lurking around, and three years of listening to the Podcast, we finally attended our first meet. I am completely amazed at the dedication and work that went into the event, and could not be more proud to have been able to support it.

I felt like I was on cloud nine all day yesterday. I woke up this morning wishing I could do it again today. Thank you so much to everyone who made us feel welcome on our first event.

A special thanks to all of those who made yesterday a reality. :worship:

-Dave

TARA and crew .....THANKS for a FANTASTIC DAY..... Dole Whips for ALL!!! It was a GREAT way to raise funds for Power of 10 and share the Disney Spirit !!

Thanks to Pete, Walter, Kathy and Katie for making the trip North!! Hope all have a great 4th!!
:cool1:

A truly great event. Congratulations and thank you for all the hard work. We had a great time.

It cannot be said enough, thank you. For a small team to have put together this event and raised this much money, awesome. Tara and the divas, great job!

Pete, Walter and Kathy, thank you for putting the icing on this event.

See you all at Podcast 3.0

:thumbsup2 It was great meeting you all and being able to participate in such a great event!

Thank you Tara and all that helped put on a great event!! Our family had a fantastic time. :) and what a perfect day we had!! Laurie

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone, we has a great time and enjoyed meeting TAra and Kim J!

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone, we has a great time and enjoyed meeting TAra and Kim J!

It was great meeting you and your family also! thank you for letting me crash at your table for lunch!!

Have a great trip in Aug!!!

My mom & I had a fabulous time. Met a lot of great new people! We had fantastic table mates :cool1::cool1:

Tara,

It has all been said by others many times over, but THANK YOU and your team for the fantastic job putting this event together! It was OUTSTANDING, especially with all the little extra touches like the table decorations, crayons and Cars themed coloring books for the kids, themed pens, stickers, etc.!! It is no wonder that you raised more than $10,000 for GKTW Village. Well Done!! :thumbsup2

My DW and I appreciated the opportunity to meet other DISers and Kathy, Katie, Pete and Walter. The food, raffle and silent auction were great fun, too!

Paul and Mary

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to post.. as you can imagine I have been recovering and enjoying the rest of the weekend with my family. I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words. Each person who attended helped us raise over $10,000 and you should all be proud of the work you have done. I had a great team of Divas, Kristin (BornTeach), Erika (Eduke98080) and her family (Tom, Victoria & Jason), Kim J (mejkjj97) , Kim D (Jacksmom99), Bill (Billtm), Brian & Tracey (doconeill & tigger813) and Mike (Buzz31) who worked so hard to make this vision a reality. There hard work and dedication to this cause is amazing. Bill said it in the begining "One Team, Same Dream" and that is what we were!!

This event would not have possible without all of you being there, all of you writing checks and without the support of Pete, Walter and Kathy. I know you all had fun but I also know the Podcast team is what got you there. When they said they were coming I was in just as much shock as all of you.

I think we met two goals though.. we raised A LOT of money for GKTW and we got a lot of people out of their comfort zone and they met some new friends. I have seen the friendships form on the boards over the last few days and everyone seems to have some new FB friends. I will be mailing GKTW a lot of money tomorrow thanks to A LOT of people and I cannot wait to get to know many of you more as time goes on.

So my only question is how are we going to top it.. what are we going to do next? We still have $950,000 to make it to 1 Million!!

I have a grey zip up Pooh Sweatshirt someone left in the theatre.. anyone wanna claim it?

Wow! I'm SO happy that so much money was raised for GKTW! I'm not completely shocked by the amount after seeing how much the dining review with John & Kevin kept increasing... The podcast team should offer more of those on Ebay. There is certainly a lot of interest!

Wow! I'm SO happy that so much money was raised for GKTW! I'm not completely shocked by the amount after seeing how much the dining review with John & Kevin kept increasing... The podcast team should offer more of those on Ebay. There is certainly a lot of interest!

One will be auctioned off at the NJ DIS Meet on July 16th!!! :cool1:

I came across a card (and pin) I received after completing one year of service with The Walt Disney Company (Disney Store to be exact). It echos what Tara wrote in a previous post. It took everybody that attended to make the event a success. Especially on a holiday weekend.

"The whole thing here is the organization. Whatever we accomplish belongs to our entire group, a tribute to our combined effort. I feel there is no door which, with the kind of talent we have here, cannot be opened." Walt Disney

I think this is true of the entire DIS community.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter