New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess I'll need to send another email about how disappointed I am that the service is ending, especially given that I was told there were no plans to end it just a couple days ago.

So I'll simply say thanks for keeping us informed.
It doesn't get any better than that.
I don't think we've heard the last of this. WDW Transportation has been very creative lately so who knows what they have up their sleeve.
especially given that I was told there were no plans to end it just a couple days ago.
I'm sure that whoever you spoke to was telling you what they knew at the time.

I'm sure that whoever you spoke to was telling you what they knew at the time.

I'm sure they were too! But it makes for a good addition to the "this is very disappointing" email to be able to say "just yesterday a CM told me they knew of no plans to end it!"

I fault Disney for their lack of promotion. Almost everyone books online now and nowhere were you allowed to add this "extra" online. It was never promoted. In my less than expert opinion it saw limited ridership because too few people knew about it.

Very few people who used it expressed negative views other than the fact it was so often suspended due to weather. This service should have been promoted immediately when one was looking at adding hoppers to base tickets online. I wonder if Disney worked with their travel agent friends to sell this?

I'm more than disappointed. I'm a little upset with Disney. This changes my approach to hopping completely now.

What a great idea and a great service poorly implemented by Disney.

I am disappointed because I was planning to use this service in September. Fortunately, my plans were only loosely based on the added convenience, and I was planning to buy the hopper either way.

Well, this sucks. I planned to hop every single day of my 15-day stay and pay for the 7 day pass twice... I hope they review this and it comes back in Decemer.

I'm off to re-work my 4-Park Challenge without Express Transportation.

Disney website doesn't mention this discontinuation at all...
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/express-transportation-options/

If it was to be cancelled, I'd expect to see something written there (doesn't take much to add a few words of text to a website).

Nah, this is classic WDW. They will officially announce it's over once it's over -- by wiping the page from existence as if it never happened. Multiple sources have seen the closure news on he hub. It's over, sad to say.

Ugg. This makes me so sad. This was my favorite - it made a truly magical day for us. Skipping security was the best perk. Totally worth the $

I fault Disney for their lack of promotion. Almost everyone books online now and nowhere were you allowed to add this "extra" online. It was never promoted. In my less than expert opinion it saw limited ridership because too few people knew about it. Very few people who used it expressed negative.
All true, however the service at that price is not self sustaining even if more people took advantage of it. Being more than familiar with WDW bus transportation, it baffled me that they devoted as many buses as they did and charged as little as they did. It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. I rationalized it thinking that they were taking a hit, but making it up somewhere else.
Not just someone. Someone who knows, and does a great job of sharing awesome info. :thanks:
Thank you, it means a lot.
Disney website doesn't mention this discontinuation at all. If it was to be cancelled, I'd expect to see something written there (doesn't take much to add a few words of text to a website).
I guess you'd have to call to find out. But, are we really surprised?
Nah, this is classic WDW. They will officially announce it's over once it's over -- by wiping the page from existence as if it never happened.
Unfortunately that is the case. Disney is a huge ship and it takes forever for it to make a turn.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the one instance when I like UOR better. The second Dragon Challenge was rumored to go down, they marked it on their website. No days and days of rumors and uncertainty. I'm a Disney girl at heart though, so I'll live.

I'm disappointed. I loved this service in February and was planning to use it during my 4-parks-in-1-day whirlwind trip in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter