New from Illinois

POB14

Colleen and Mary's BaBa<br><font color=00cc00>Feet
Hi all - Patrick here, dad to Colleen (6) and Mary (4), husband to Linda; brand new to the fora, and looking forward to our first WDW trip in November! Any tips for a short trip (3 days in the parks)? We're planning on one day at AK and two at the MK.

Welcome - It seems like there are quite a few of us from Illinois here, so you should fit right in. :flower:

Hi Shagley - Linda's parents live in Peoria (mostly - they winter near Tampa these days) and will be going to WDW with us. :crazy2: - oops, I mean :) !

Mouse-n-Mini - saying Lincoln is "South of Chicago" is like McDonald's saying "Over Ten Hamburgers Sold" - true but a bit misleading! :teeth:

I don't know if you'll like my point of view or not...but personally, I would skip the AK since you only have 3 days. Two reasons: if you're going this summer, it will be extremely hot (there aren't that many air-conditioned locations like there are in the other parks), and there also isn't a ton to do there. I would switch the AK day out for a day at MGM studios. Your kids would probably really enjoy the parade, fantasmic, muppetvision 3-d, beauty and the beast performance, voyage of the little mermaid, etc! Just my suggestion :)

Mouse-n-Mini said:
I don't know if you'll like my point of view or not...but personally, I would skip the AK since you only have 3 days.

All suggestions are appreciated. And, often, ignored. :rotfl:

(okay, I have too much fun with the smileys)

Mouse-n-Mini said:
if you're going this summer, it will be extremely hot

Uh, I said November, didn't I? <checks post> Yup, I said November. I know central Florida ain't Springfield, but still . . . . :)

Anyway, I'M going to see the animals, even if they go elsewhere!

Speaking of animals, is that a Bichon in your avatar? We have two.

Hi there & welcome :wave2: We live in Galesburg :goodvibes

POB14 said:
Hi all - Patrick here, dad to Colleen (6) and Mary (4), husband to Linda; brand new to the fora, and looking forward to our first WDW trip in November! Any tips for a short trip (3 days in the parks)? We're planning on one day at AK and two at the MK.

WELCOME to the DIS Board, Patrick.

I'm sure you'll find it addictive and fun

There must be something in the water here in IL - greetings from somewhere in the 'Hillbilly Triangle' between Peoria, Galesburg, and Springfield.

Matt :earsboy:

Hi Melissa,
I live in Urbana also, just said Champaign for all of the instates north of I80 that think of us as part of Champaign.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

jerbroni said:
There must be something in the water here in IL - greetings from somewhere in the 'Hillbilly Triangle' between Peoria, Galesburg, and Springfield.

Matt :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter