New Future Disneyland Hotel

Such a bad location for the new hotel. Streets are just two lanes around there and the traffic would be a nightmare. I bet the planning department was not happy about the previous location either. And why would Disney block the views from some of the landmark hotel? Maybe they plan on demolishing portions?
Disneyland Hotel guests would have to walk though another hotel to enter downtown Disney? Just weird.
Maybe they should spend some money to fix up the Disneyland Hotel. Tarps as lower parapet covers? So odd and cheap looking. Renovate and upgrade to a higher class hotel. I walk by there every night on my way out when visiting and rarely are more than 15% or so lights on in rooms, no way they are selling out or close to it on non-holiday/event dates.
And why not make the new hotel look Grand? Why make it look like an apartment building such as those opened up recently all along Katela?

What do you think is going on with DTD? It seems unlikely they’d kick out moneymakers and then just leave the place an eyesore. Is this just a ploy before the elections?

The cynic in me says Disney probably doesn’t care. Guests will continue to flood the parks, especially with SW Land opening soon. Sure vacant space is not ideal but I doubt it will keep tourists away.

Maybe they should spend some money to fix up the Disneyland Hotel.

It has been reported that the three resort hotels run a constant 95% occupancy rate which is unheard of in the Hotel Industry..there is a demand for more resort rooms, they are not losing business due to lack of remodeled rooms.

What do you think is going on with DTD? It seems unlikely they’d kick out moneymakers and then just leave the place an eyesore. Is this just a ploy before the elections?

Might be but I don't think Disney is going to be happy with who gets elected either. Maybe they are hoping they can buy some more politicians but the locals seem to have had enough with Disneyland and appear to be voting against them except in Anaheim Hills.

Maybe they should spend some money to fix up the Disneyland Hotel. Tarps as lower parapet covers? So odd and cheap looking. Renovate and upgrade to a higher class hotel. I walk by there every night on my way out when visiting and rarely are more than 15% or so lights on in rooms, no way they are selling out or close to it on non-holiday/event dates.
I would rather they do some upgrades on the Paradise Pier first. They need some loving. The rooms I generally get at the DLH still look pretty good, despite the last refurb 8 years ago. And the hotel is close to 95% occupancy thru out the month. Just because lights aren't on, doesn't mean they aren't occupied. One thing I really like is the black out curtains there. Our room always looks black, even when lights are on.

I have traveled a fair amount, stayed in nice hotels in Hawaii, the Caribbean, Las Vegas, etc... and I can say hand's down my Best, and Favorite hotel experience is the Disneyland Hotel! I have stayed at the Grand Californian, also the PPH, many hotels around the park...
The Disneyland Hotel is Magical, the rooms a Large, and I love the bathrooms! The Adventure tower is my fave but I have stayed in all three. Nothing beats the special feeling I get when I'm there. Nothing will ever replace it, in my heart.

--Lori

As for the delay, it is pretty well known the issue is the 1950/60 gas station's buried tanks and the clean up of that.

That is super cool history! I wonder if they have any pictures of it? It's almost hard to believe they would let the tanks stay underground without removal for 60+ years. I bet that would be a mess to clean up.

I'm sure they will fix Downtown Disney. I don't see why most of the places with the right incentives wouldn't come back. There's also a whole bunch of potential on that street.

I'm sure they will fix Downtown Disney. I don't see why most of the places with the right incentives wouldn't come back. There's also a whole bunch of potential on that street.

The rent there is sky high and they know Disney will kick them out whenever they get things to their liking with the city. I'm not so sure they will be able to bring them back and thats a shame.

Right now they have a bunch of food trucks there. I love a good food truck but there is hardly any seating and it doesn't look like Disney. It's kind of tacky. Disney screwed up bigtime with this mess.

That is super cool history! I wonder if they have any pictures of it? It's almost hard to believe they would let the tanks stay underground without removal for 60+ years. I bet that would be a mess to clean up.

It was a Richfield's (later Atlanta Richfield, then Atlanta Richfield Company, and now ARCO). I had an aerial of it, but can't find it. Here is one I found of it in the background. As far as the tanks staying, that was a common occurence in the 1960s. Has caused a lot of clean up issues now.

Disneyland1960s_800.jpg

It was a Richfields. I had an aerial of it, but can't find it. Here is one I found of it in the background.

Disneyland1960s_800.jpg

What a neat photo!! I love history, especially Disneyland history. Thanks for sharing!

When we were there a couple weeks ago, there was a lot of seating. It doesn't look Disney, but it was very busy. The food trucks I visited were great. And the After's truck, that can be addicting.

These tables extended all the way back to the AMC entrance, and down the side.
38614924_10217084101318248_6395818005871198208_n.jpg

After's
38492179_10217084102278272_9094578513247207424_n.jpg

Habit and Wings and Beer truck in back
38508693_10217084102598280_168862918484426752_n.jpg

It was quite active on the Thursday night we were there.

I don't understand why it matters that they changed locations. They happily gave other companies the subsidy, why can't disney have it? The relationship between disney and council has become more and more strained these last few years.

It's just a loophole regarding the exact location of the hotel that the city council is using to deny them the tax subsidy (or to renegotiate it), when Disneyland practically made Anaheim. I find it skeezy to do now that Disney's already begun the process of building the hotel, personally.

It was a Richfield's (later Atlanta Richfield, then Atlanta Richfield Company, and now ARCO). I had an aerial of it, but can't find it. Here is one I found of it in the background. As far as the tanks staying, that was a common occurence in the 1960s. Has caused a lot of clean up issues now.

Disneyland1960s_800.jpg

I work for a company that oversees removal of USTs (underground storage tanks) and you'd be surprised how often work is occurring on a site and one is discovered. Not unusual at all if accurate records of their locations are not kept.

Cannot say, but if you put the fact that they have yet to name the new hotel.
Also, that is awkwardly in front of the Disneyland Hotel towers.
I trust my source.

Also told me why there was a delay in construction. They are figuring out if adding a Star Wars Hotel wing to this new hotel would be the thing to do with a part of the limited space.

In the past, they were right in telling me what was happening with Star Wars Land and Marvel Land.
Unknown if the updated Fantasyland and Hollywood ideas come together as were planned.

They also have to figure out how to get people in and out of the park as this is right in DTD.
We got a little preview from a CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter