New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
10403291_10204226665168615_802904989228187869_n.jpg

Hello everyone! I was glancing through and I noticed what I saw on another group was not mentioned. The above photo is not my bag, but a couple of people that have sent in the crossbody and letter carrier received ones with the black corners back (pictured above). I cannot seem to find the letter carrier picture with the corners I saw, but if I find it, I will post it.

I personally sent my crossbody in on Wednesday and it should arrive at Dooney on Friday. I will keep everyone posted how the process goes for me. I sent it in and wrote a note as requested on the Dooney site.

Thank you for posting, I will be sending mine back now.

Ok here's my experience so far with this. I called Dooney and they said I had to go through Disney. I mentioned I saw photos online of the new style w/ the black corners and she basically said "that's not true" we're no longer making the HM style. She was a bit short with me. Called Disney Online where purchased and I'm outside of the 30 day exchange window and she offered an extension to the 60 day period but I'm outside of that too so all she could offer was a $20 online gift card!. I have a feeling Dooney is just "repairing" the items that are sent in and adding the corners to your bag.

I am sending mine back to D&B today. They were very nice on the phone about it. I just want to exchange the bag.

This is so beyond aggravating to get so many different replies. I was told I couldn't do that. Guess I just need to keep calling back and taking names until I get a pleasant one or keep demanding supervisors. But even reports of different "supervisors" giving different answers. My lady told me I can't exchange it because they stopped making it.

I'm glad I saw this before I sent the bag back. My bag isn't flaking as I have only used it once. It ruined my $250 BCBGMAXAZRIA dress that I wore to our Cali Gril dinner while on our disneymoon (which I only got to wear once of course :rolleyes:). I was so upset that I hadn't touched it 'til about Christmas time when I was going through some things. Underneath the strap is so rough and scratchy that it scratched up the top of my dress. It's no wonder why because they leave the strap pretty much unfinished underneath and don't put anything there to prevent anything like that. It's super unappealing.

tumblr_njwgp7Qe2k1u6q5dho1_500.jpg

tumblr_njwgnxmRnO1u6q5dho1_500.jpg

I love this bag so much, but I am afraid of it scratching up my clothes and I don't know what to do. It sounds like an absolute nightmare trying to exchange it. It's been 2 months since I contacted Dooney by email and never received an email back. I had to call them and even that was a pain. I never treat myself to a nice bag like a Dooney, but I adore Haunted Mansion. I have bought bags for a lot cheaper that don't ruin clothes. I'm really just disappointed.

my mother ordered a D&B bag offline that she really wanted and sent it back when it came in because of the unfinished underneath part of the strap she was afraifd it was going to snag her clothes too. im so glad she took it back. im so sorry that happened to you. you would think for the price of these bags and the quality of them they would finish the underneath part of the strap

Ok here's my experience so far with this. I called Dooney and they said I had to go through Disney. I mentioned I saw photos online of the new style w/ the black corners and she basically said "that's not true" we're no longer making the HM style. She was a bit short with me. Called Disney Online where purchased and I'm outside of the 30 day exchange window and she offered an extension to the 60 day period but I'm outside of that too so all she could offer was a $20 online gift card!. I have a feeling Dooney is just "repairing" the items that are sent in and adding the corners to your bag.
I had emailed them when I got back from vacation (d&b). It never occurred to me to go through Disney as I sent in the registration card the d&b that came with the bag. It said it was guaranteed for one year. They emailed an address where to send the purse to. I had to included copy of the shipping invoice. I also copied my receipt, the bag number, their guarantee, and my communication with them so far. I would be happy for them to repair mine, I don't necessary need a new one.

Hi everyone!
I haven't registered mine at all and the person who got theirs fixed didn't either. I've never sent a dooney in before but they told me to just send it to the address located on the dooney and bourke website. I sent it there along with the receipt for the cost of shipping. I'm told they will only refund so much for shipping. I just followed the instructions on the D&B website for the repair/replacement program. In my letter I mentioned the corners and I'd like to have this done to my bag. I don't really mind if they just add the corners to my bag, as long as it's usable.

My bag arrived there today according to USPS tracking. I will let everyone know how the process goes for me. I'm hoping I did everything right, we will see.

my mother ordered a D&B bag offline that she really wanted and sent it back when it came in because of the unfinished underneath part of the strap she was afraifd it was going to snag her clothes too. im so glad she took it back. im so sorry that happened to you. you would think for the price of these bags and the quality of them they would finish the underneath part of the strap
I'm glad your mother sent it right back as well. I agree completely! A nearly $200 bag should not ruin clothes like that and should be properly finished. :(

Has anyone tried to exchange/replace the Tote? Mine is also wearing on the corners and while I do not want to return I wouldn't mine a replacement or a fix with those black corners. I have registered mine with Dooney.

Has anyone tried to exchange/replace the Tote? Mine is also wearing on the corners and while I do not want to return I wouldn't mine a replacement or a fix with those black corners. I have registered mine with Dooney.

Haven't heard of it but they offer a quality guarantee for 1 year. Do you have your receipt? They do apply the corners on their other tote styles - maybe they could apply to yours. I honestly think they are just adding corners to bags that are sent in. Each bag has a unique number sewn into it so I took a photo of that and other details of my bag.

Send in your bag with some sample photos of the cornered totes (search Dooney totes images)

I sent my LC bag in today to the address on the Dooney repairs page. I enclosed a photo of the cornered HM bags as to what I wanted. I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited:
10403291_10204226665168615_802904989228187869_n.jpg

Hello everyone! I was glancing through and I noticed what I saw on another group was not mentioned. The above photo is not my bag, but a couple of people that have sent in the crossbody and letter carrier received ones with the black corners back (pictured above). I cannot seem to find the letter carrier picture with the corners I saw, but if I find it, I will post it.

I personally sent my crossbody in on Wednesday and it should arrive at Dooney on Friday. I will keep everyone posted how the process goes for me. I sent it in and wrote a note as requested on the Dooney site.

Thanks for posting this... I just emailed them today thinking I would just need to return it. So happy that there are other options!!!:D

Not looking good right now on the return for "repair". On some FB Dooney sites people that have sent bags in recently are posting today/yesterday they have gotten letters stating Dooney will not be doing anything to fix their bad product and to contact Disney. They seem to be going in circles with what to do. Again this is others people recent experience and I have sent my bag yesterday so I let you know what happens.

dooney.jpg dooney002.jpg dooney003.jpg

Not looking good right now on the return for "repair". On some FB Dooney sites people that have sent bags in recently are posting today/yesterday they have gotten letters stating Dooney will not be doing anything to fix their bad product and to contact Disney. They seem to be going in circles with what to do. Again this is others people recent experience and I have sent my bag yesterday so I let you know what happens.

View attachment 85268 View attachment 85269 View attachment 85270

Just saw that on the FB group. Makes me anxious to see what they will do or not do. :/ First time buying a Dooney, probably the last.

View attachment 85268 View attachment 85269 View attachment 85270

Wow. I just don't understand that customer service. The D&B card says "We stand behind the durability of our leathergoods and offer an unconditional guarantee against any defects in craftsmanship for a full year of normal use."
Unless the Disney store/world is making them and slapping a D&B label on them.

Thanks for the update.

Very disappointed in how this issue is being handled. I want the leather corners, but don't want my bag to be in shipping limbo. They need to come out with an official response.

Very disappointed in how this issue is being handled. I want the leather corners, but don't want my bag to be in shipping limbo. They need to come out with an official response.

Several ladies on the Fb group sent their bags in around mid March and have all started getting their bags back this week w letters stating to contact disney. So no one send anything to DB at this point.

BigMommaMouse I totally agree with you. But some people have said this is coming from disney. The emails from dooney are saying "per disney".

Several ladies on the Fb group sent their bags in around mid March and have all started getting their bags back this week w letters stating to contact disney. So no one send anything to DB at this point.

BigMommaMouse I totally agree with you. But some people have said this is coming from disney. The emails from dooney are saying "per disney".
Thanks DisFam95. Nothing to do now but wait.

Wow. I just don't understand that customer service. The D&B card says "We stand behind the durability of our leathergoods and offer an unconditional guarantee against any defects in craftsmanship for a full year of normal use."
Unless the Disney store/world is making them and slapping a D&B label on them.

Thanks for the update.

Maybe that's the thing - Leathergoods. The HM is basically a plastic purse!

This is so beyond aggravating to get so many different replies. I was told I couldn't do that. Guess I just need to keep calling back and taking names until I get a pleasant one or keep demanding supervisors. But even reports of different "supervisors" giving different answers. My lady told me I can't exchange it because they stopped making it.
I got mine back in less than 2 weeks. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter