• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New hours MK May 27 8AM to Minight (advice req)

Which Ohana breakfast ADR should I keep for May 27

• Keep 7:40AM

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Keep 11:40AM

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBigBen

Earning My Ears
Understanding that it's Memorial Day weekend, that it's Pandora's launch day... we are planning an MK day with a 7:40 Ohana bk with out park time then starting around 9. Now that the park opens earlier and later I'm having a hard time deciding to keep the Ohana or not.

I was also able to get an 11:40 Ohana bk but it means getting in the park for 8 and out really at 10:45 and not back until 1:15-ish

I would appreciate any advice on which we should keep and why. We're a family of 3 with a 3.5yr old

I assume you weren't spending the whole day there? That's a long day. :)

Are you going there for the food, the fun, etc? If you don't go at 7:40 what will you eat then? Will your 3 year old be happy to be up and at a crowded restaurant? (We are late risers and in pacific time so it's worth asking imo) Or woukd he rather be at magic kingdom? How will he react to leaving now 3 hours into the day? Could ohana on another day entirely, maybe a rest day, be better?

Understanding that it's Memorial Day weekend, that it's Pandora's launch day... we are planning an MK day with a 7:40 Ohana bk with out park time then starting around 9. Now that the park opens earlier and later I'm having a hard time deciding to keep the Ohana or not.

I was also able to get an 11:40 Ohana bk but it means getting in the park for 8 and out really at 10:45 and not back until 1:15-ish

I would appreciate any advice on which we should keep and why. We're a family of 3 with a 3.5yr old

Have a snack in your hotel room before an early departure (bananas are good for this), and arrive by 7:30 for rope drop at MK. You'll get to enjoy 3 hours of the lowest crowds/shortest ride waits you're going to see at MK that day. Then break for "brunch" at Ohanas. You'll all be ready for a break by then, the crowds will already be building up quickly by then, & the late breakfast will get you out of the park for a few of MK's peak crowd hours. No contest here. Go to Ohanas at 11:40. If your little one complains about leaving MK at 11, tell him/her that you're going on the monorail "ride" to have breakfast & meet Mickey Mouse, then you'll come back. That should get him or her excited to go to breakfast.

Also, set your FPs for the late afternoon, not the morning. Start with Peter Pan in the morning at rope drop (it has a really cool queue that you'll miss if you FP it), then do other Fantasyland rides, then branch out from there. You won't want to slow yourselves down during the best touring hours of the day (early morning) by crisscrossing the park to get on scheduled FP rides.

Last edited:
Have a snack in your hotel room before an early departure (bananas are good for this), and arrive by 7:40 for rope drop at MK. You'll get to enjoy 2 and 1/2 hours of the lowest crowds/shortest ride waits you're going to see at MK that day. Then break for "brunch" at Ohanas. You'll all be ready for a break by then, & it will get you out of the park for a few of its peak crowd hours. No contest here. Go to Ohanas at 11:40.

Also, set your FPs for the afternoon, not the morning. Start with Peter Pan in the morning at rope drop (it has a really cool queue that you'll miss if you FP it), then do other Fantasyland rides, then branch out from there. You won't want to slow yourselves down during the best touring hours of the day (early morning) by crisscrossing the park to get on scheduled FP rides.
^

thats was the touring plan I had set forth more or less, and but i figured with a 9AM opening 740 would work for bk and not miss much of the morning, until the hours changed...

^

thats was the touring plan I had set forth more or less, and but i figured with a 9AM opening 740 would work for bk and not miss much of the morning, until the hours changed...
I wouldn't have recommended 7:40 even with a 9am opening. Ohanas tends to run late, & I doubt you would have made it to the park by 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter