New house with scrapping space - advice please

going2wdw

Praying for peace
We are buying a new house and I'll have an office for me. :) Wanted to see what the more experienced scrappers say I should look for in office furniture. Is it better to have drawers or shelves for supplies? I'll have my computer space there too so maybe I'll finally get some scrapbooking done at home.

Janette,

That is great. I personally prefer a mixture of drawers and shelves. I house magazine holders with magazines, templates etc. on shelves. I put punches, mounting supplies etc. in drawers. I know one of the magazines (either Creating Keepsakes or Memory Makers) did a big article awhile back on organizing your stuff and building a scraproom. I'll see if i can find which magazine it was in. You may want to check their websites in the meantime.

The new magazine "Rosie" showcased her crafts room in her home. Was very impressive. Don't remember if it was the first or second month out. Take a look.

I have a room of my own too. It's wonderful!

I'll clean it up and take some pictures for you. It may take a day or two. ;)

Congrats on the new house. That's so exciting. :D

Janette, congratulations. I guess you decided to get the new house after all! I don't have a craft room. Wish I did. It is one of my dreams.

I use shelves in a closet for most of my scrapbooking gear. Some of it is in plastic boxes or bins. Overall, I think I like shelves better than drawers because you can stack clear bins or boxes and see what is inside. You can always put plastic drawers on shelves. Plus, you can have areas for tall things and little boxes for small things.

Jacque has a scrapping room at her house. If you would like, I can ask her what she likes best. Maybe we can even get her on-line? :D

Congrats on the new house Jeanette!

How did the Texas Scrapbooking Convention go? I sure thought about traveling down there and checking it out. I haven't done any scrapbooking, but I jump over here and read this site quite often. My daughter and I are taking a class at our local Vo-Tech this week about scrapbooking. I'm taking my Disney pictures from our first trip. I'm excited and can't wait :)

Gerri

Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to my space. The room is the formal living room but this way I'm sure it will get more use ;) and I also have put nice furniture there, so much more fun than tables or something I might be tempted to use if no one would see the room.

Had the inspection today so another step closer. Maybe I'll have to take a before picture of my computer space now. It is pretty sad, just a desk in the walkway / area wet bar between the living and dining rooms. My printer and scanner are on a stacking shelf set above the moniter. Tried to make the wet bar counter space a scrapping desk but that didn't work well. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter