New Jazz Kitchen pic makes me want to cry

I'm still interested to hear more about the food and experience. I always loved the meals there.
We actually ate there the weekend after July 4th. The food was pretty good, but even my 13yr old son said most of the seating seemed kind of like mall food court seating. We ate inside in the area that's quite a bit nicer, and they had live music. Wish they offered the lunch items at dinner too. Would have like to have tried the po boys.

We actually ate there the weekend after July 4th. The food was pretty good, but even my 13yr old son said most of the seating seemed kind of like mall food court seating. We ate inside in the area that's quite a bit nicer, and they had live music. Wish they offered the lunch items at dinner too. Would have like to have tried the po boys.
Thank you for your viewpoint! It seems the food is pretty well liked still, but the "mall food court" look is what I keep reading about that makes me sad. It always had such a cool New Orleans vibe before.

If I had never been to the previous Jazz Kitchen... I would have liked the food. But I wouldn't have known to miss the garlic cheese bread. The new version is... fine... but I go to Disney for the fantasy, and there is no fantasy anymore.

If I had never been to the previous Jazz Kitchen... I would have liked the food. But I wouldn't have known to miss the garlic cheese bread. The new version is... fine... but I go to Disney for the fantasy, and there is no fantasy anymore.
Thank you for your insight, having recently been and knowing what it was. I loved the old menu; haven't been back to eat since it was redone so I'm not sure how I'll like the current version.

I feel like Disneyland and DCA are so immersive with all kinds of cool sensory adventures. I would like DTD to reflect that same attention to detail but the new direction it's taking seems a lot less whimsical/fantasy and a lot more streamlined (nice word for blah). Maybe that's what they need to balance the books but I miss the extra interest factor in architectural diversity.

Thank you for your insight, having recently been and knowing what it was. I loved the old menu; haven't been back to eat since it was redone so I'm not sure how I'll like the current version.

I feel like Disneyland and DCA are so immersive with all kinds of cool sensory adventures. I would like DTD to reflect that same attention to detail but the new direction it's taking seems a lot less whimsical/fantasy and a lot more streamlined (nice word for blah). Maybe that's what they need to balance the books but I miss the extra interest factor in architectural diversity.
The architecture and design for the other new restaurants looks interesting. I don't know if I would go to Din Tai Fung at Disneyland, since I eat at one a few times a year up here, but the building and interior look beautiful.

Jazz Kitchen, however, has nothing interesting going for it anymore.

The architecture and design for the other new restaurants looks interesting. I don't know if I would go to Din Tai Fung at Disneyland, since I eat at one a few times a year up here, but the building and interior look beautiful.

Jazz Kitchen, however, has nothing interesting going for it anymore.

I agree. Din Tai Fung looks 'wow!'. Jazz Kitchen looks 'meh'.

And neither of them really go with the 'mid-century vibe' the DTD 'refurb' is supposedly going for.

Mish-mash all the way so far as I can see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter