NEW: Let's hear about about L & M car rental

Returned yesterday and we had two economy car ressies I had made back in December on L & M's website. No problems at all with checking in - they honored the base price for one week of $ 89.00 per car (addtl taxes made total of $ 134.00 per car) We had a Mitsubishi Lancer with 14000 miles and a Kia Rio with 6000 miles. Both cars were clean inside and out and drove fine. Turn in was a breeze took less than 10 minutes for both cars.

Do want to let people know that there are actually two L & M rental car desks at MCO. We had one family waiting at one desk and the other family across the airport at the other desk.
This is true for all the rental desks at MCO - the airport is divided in half and we would have saved time if we had known that.

We would definitely rent from L & M again for that price. Thanks Pluto for all your time and effort informing the rest of us about this alternate rental company. You saved our family money!!!!

How is everyone getting the good prices on mini-vans? I checked on the website for eleven days in August and got $610.00 including all taxes and fees.

Pluto4President....If I remember correctly one of your rentals with L&M was a convertible. I have been trying to remember just what kind of car you had. We have a ressie with Dollar for a Chrysler Sebring but if we could get a good rate and a fun little sports car we would maybe switch to L&M. Was it in good shape when you picked it up? Believe me, we will be happy with the Sebring but......Thank You in advance.

It was a Mitsubishi Spider. color gray. Zippy little thing. Yes clean and as I recall, low mileage. The had a few of them last month when I was there.

Originally posted by mar3990 [/i]
How is everyone getting the good prices on mini-vans? I checked on the website for eleven days in August and got $610.00 including all taxes and fees. [/QUOTE]

I booked our minivan for May back in January. Looking up the prices now and they are about over $200 more for the same time period. I guess it's better to book far in advance.

Just got back. Used L&M and it went great. Checkin on arrival was fast and efficient-less than 10 minutes. Friendly agent and no lines. Price on reservation made directly through their website was honored. One airport charge went up $5 but I wasn't going to quibble about that. Not when rate for 5 days for mid-size was only $108.00. Got a Daewoo Nubira with only 1450 miles on it. Had a choice of several - Mitsubishi, Kia, etc. - but since I wasn't familar with any foreign cars I just asked for the one with the least number of miles. Car return went smoothly too. Just return car and get receipt at kiosk in garage. Would definitely use them again if the price is right.

My first experience with L&M was a good one. I picked up a white Mercury Villager minivan, 5400 mile, on Saturday night, 4/30 (Easter eve). Every other car rental counter at the airport had a line of about 20 people, no line at all at L&M.

The L&M clerk, Ali, was surprised I had such a low rate ($159.99/wk + $26/extra day). I told him I made the reservation in January. He said he had lately been renting some minvans at $300/DAY! THey honored my rate and everything went very smoothly (he asked about insurance but didn't ask for the paperwork) and I found the car easy enough.

The tank was full and the van was clean inside and out. A/C was cold and the kids loved having their own A/C and radio control in the back.

Check-in went smoothly also. Left the charge on my credit card and I was out in less than five minutes. I would use again on next trip if their rates are still competitive.

Steve

any recent L&M users? Have they squared things away? Just got a pretty good rate for 2 weeks at T'day $537, 14 days, all included for a minivan!

I noticed that L&M has Infiniti Q45's as luxury cars. Anyone rented one of these from them? Do they actually have them, or just picture them on the website?

I just booked an economy car for Dec 15AM to Dec 21PM for $69.95/week + fees for a total of $118.01. Last week I had a very clean Daewoo Lanos 4 door from them as my economy car. Other than the $1/day they overcharged me on return, it was a painless experience.

Has anyone used the free upgrade coupon for L&M on the goOrlando site? I just want to know if I will have any trouble with them honoring it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter