New Member Experiences at OKW

KC Mouse

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are new members of the OKW family. We first stayed at OKW by renting points and scored a 1 bedroom villa across from the Hospitality House in building 11. We loved our experience. The room was ginormous especially compared to Port Orleans. The kitchenet was perfect, our view was peaceful and the walking distance to the bus stop and pool were light.

Our next stay was in building 22 in the Grand Villa down Miller's Road. We specifically requested the area since our last name is Miller. Interestingly we experienced both positives and negatives with this stay. On one hand the location was fine, within walking distance to the Hospitality House, beautiful view of the golf course, and incredibly spacious accommodations. And yet, as the vacation continued, two weeks, the distance became less manageable, our veranda was pummeled by golf balls, and there was a significant waste of space. You could easily fit three more beds into this location.

Two completely unexpected experiences made both positive and negative impacts on the vacation stay. One being the proximity of Bonnet Creek Parkway, we could hear traffic throughout our vacation. There is nothing more taxing than attempting to drink your morning coffee with the sound of high speed traffic! I am currently working on my doctorate and my veranda was my "home office away from home office".

Yet on the positive side, we could see Spaceship Earth from our stair way windows. We enjoyed a limited view of both the nightly fireworks and lights of Spaceship Earth. Overall, our Miller's Road experience was magical but not one that I would attempt to repeat.

For our next vacation I am looking forward to experiencing a two bedroom villa near the Old Turtle Pond area or perhaps Peninsular Road. I have heard many great reviews of the area and hope to find a quite place to continue my studies/vacation.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
My wife and I are new members of the OKW family. We first stayed at OKW by renting points and scored a 1 bedroom villa across from the Hospitality House in building 11. We loved our experience. The room was ginormous especially compared to Port Orleans. The kitchenet was perfect, our view was peaceful and the walking distance to the bus stop and pool were light.

Our next stay was in building 22 in the Grand Villa down Miller's Road. We specifically requested the area since our last name is Miller. Interestingly we experienced both positives and negatives with this stay. On one hand the location was fine, within walking distance to the Hospitality House, beautiful view of the golf course, and incredibly spacious accommodations. And yet, as the vacation continued, two weeks, the distance became less manageable, our veranda was pummeled by golf balls, and there was a significant waste of space. You could easily fit three more beds into this location.

Two completely unexpected experiences made both positive and negative impacts on the vacation stay. One being the proximity of Bonnet Creek Parkway, we could hear traffic throughout our vacation. There is nothing more taxing than attempting to drink your morning coffee with the sound of high speed traffic! I am currently working on my doctorate and my veranda was my "home office away from home office".

Yet on the positive side, we could see Spaceship Earth from our stair way windows. We enjoyed a limited view of both the nightly fireworks and lights of Spaceship Earth. Overall, our Miller's Road experience was magical but not one that I would attempt to repeat.

For our next vacation I am looking forward to experiencing a two bedroom villa near the Old Turtle Pond area or perhaps Peninsular Road. I have heard many great reviews of the area and hope to find a quite place to continue my studies/vacation.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
"Shhhhhh" Old Turtle Road is the perfect place to be. We love the peacefulness as well as the pool with a snack bar.

We stayed in a grand villa in building 22 a few years back. It was never struck with a golf ball and the only vehicle we ever heard from the roadway was a motorcycle racing up the road. We were in room 2222. We ate breakfast every day on the balcony and it was very nice. I’m surprised how different your stay there was. Most of the golfers we saw were no where near our building.

Last edited:

First stay at OKW last week A few observations:

Good:

Beautiful resort Laidback Vibe

Giant Studios

Comfortable beds

Gurgling suitcase is nice but small

Roberto/Antonio bartenders are awesome! (Little known fact this is a father/son team)

Olivia’s (breakfast exceptional, dinner better than average)

Boat to Disney Springs is a plus and can still take a drink aboard

Ceiling fan, these are endangered species on Disney property these days

Able to turn AC below 68

Nice shower and bath area

Fridge had a freezer (also endangered)

Park at your building

Seemed to be less kids than some of the other resorts we have stayed

Bad:

Resort is Huge

Have to Bus everywhere but DS

5 bus stops (We were Miller Rd which is #4)

Small pool bar (only 5-6 bar stools)

No elevator in almost all buildings

NOISY in the rooms. We got to hear a young man named Cooper and his folks screaming at 630am every morning but hey at least we didn’t need to set our alarm for the 7am VQ

Coffee not replenished (All Star had a better stocked coffee area)

No tea bags (bring your own if inclined)

Old style coffee makers (pod/cone filter) No Keurig

AC doesn’t stay on at night (a Disney problem)

Old key style safe so now where to hide the key?

Still carpet (eww)

Patio Door blinds a pain to put up and down and allow too much light

Last edited:
First stay at OKW last week A few observations:

Good:

Beautiful resort Laidback Vibe

Giant Studios

Comfortable beds

Gurgling suitcase is nice but small

Roberto/Antonio bartenders are awesome! (Little known fact this is a father/son team)

Olivia’s (breakfast exceptional, dinner better than average)

Boat to Disney Springs is a plus and can still take a drink aboard

Ceiling fan, these are endangered species on Disney property these days

Able to turn AC below 68

Nice shower and bath area

Fridge had a freezer (also endangered)

Park at your building

Seemed to be less kids than some of the other resorts we have stayed

Bad:

Resort is Huge

Have to Bus everywhere but DS

5 bus stops (We were Miller Rd which is #4)

Small pool bar (only 5-6 bar stools)

No elevator in almost all buildings

NOISY in the rooms. We got to hear a young man named Cooper and his folks screaming at 630am every morning but hey at least we didn’t need to set our alarm for the 7am VQ

Coffee not replenished (All Star had a better stocked coffee area)

No tea bags (bring your own if inclined)

Old style coffee makers (pod/cone filter) No Keurig

AC doesn’t stay on at night (a Disney problem)

Old key style safe so now where to hide the key?

Still carpet (eww)

Patio Door blinds a pain to put up and down and allow too much light
Thanks for the observations. On one stay, we got woken up every morning by a little girl on her balcony, calling for the "geese" (probably ducks) to come up for breakfast at 6:30. I'm assuming you had a lock-off so maybe, for the future, you can roll up a towel and put it at the base of the door to deaden the noise. And for no tea bags, I find it one of the advantages of the quick serve . I've never hesitated to take a couple of tea bags, more sugar, or creamer. Regarding creamer, I don't remember specifically about OKW, but I know that at BCV, there's just plain coffee creamer in the villas, but if you go to the Marketplace, they have my favorite, Hazelnut! And last year there were a few other flavors as well.

Thanks for the observations. On one stay, we got woken up every morning by a little girl on her balcony, calling for the "geese" (probably ducks) to come up for breakfast at 6:30. I'm assuming you had a lock-off so maybe, for the future, you can roll up a towel and put it at the base of the door to deaden the noise. And for no tea bags, I find it one of the advantages of the quick serve . I've never hesitated to take a couple of tea bags, more sugar, or creamer. Regarding creamer, I don't remember specifically about OKW, but I know that at BCV, there's just plain coffee creamer in the villas, but if you go to the Marketplace, they have my favorite, Hazelnut! And last year there were a few other flavors as well.
Yeah we tried the towel thing to no avail … these folks had two small boys and they just ran and screamed until they dropped … likewise whoever was walking around upstairs sounded like a heard of elephants … just a noisy place when indoors .. pretty peaceful outside though aside from the occasional expletive from the golf green.

The creamer in the Villa was indeed regular, never thought of checking out the quick service since we brought our own flavored stuff but good tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter