New member question: requests

dzd

Supreme Leader
We just purchased our first DVS at VGC! We are very excited.

I booked our first trip and didn’t see a place to make a room view request. How would one go about doing that? Do I need to call in or is there a way to do it through online?

Welcome Home and Much Pixiedust!
You have two options:
1. Call, e-mail or chat with MS and ask to have the requests placed on the reservation.
2. During online check-in you can put in your requests.
Do NOT do both! The online check-in request will over-ride anything put in by MS.

Welcome Home and Much Pixiedust!
You have two options:
1. Call, e-mail or chat with MS and ask to have the requests placed on the reservation.
2. During online check-in you can put in your requests.
Do NOT do both! The online check-in request will over-ride anything put in by MS.

Good advice - thank you! Quick follow-up question: are you more likely to have a request made if you call MS ahead of time or check in online with the request? I don’t usually do online check-in because I like interacting with the CM at the desk, but I’m open to changing my ways.

The advantage of MS is that you can make a number of requests that you will not find when doing online check-in. Also, the online request sections were created mainly for cash paying guests and some do not even apply to DVC. For example at AKV Jambo, one of online requests you can make is high floor, but it is useless to waste a request on that because all DVC rooms there are on the top floor.

As far as whether one method provides more success than the other, that is an unknown. Success likely depends more simply on the status of things when you are being assigned a room and the breadth or narrowness of the request you made, e.g., if you ask for high floor, that usually encompasses a lot of rooms and thus a higher chance of success, while at the other end of the spectrum if you ask for a specifc room number your chances are much less.

Last edited:
Thanks for these replies. we are so excited and we still have many months to go.

Once a request is put in by MS can it be seen online? or is that only available to the MS person?

Once a request is put in by MS can it be seen online? or is that only available to the MS person?

Nothing shows up online in your reservation. That is why I use the email system on the DVC site to make requests. You send an email providing your reservation including reservation number and set out your requests. They first send a fairly quick email acknowledging receipt. Then later (could be days), they send a confirmation email stating your requests have been added. Many months later when I forget if I ever made the requests or which ones I made, I just go to my saved emails for the trip and see what I did.

Nothing shows up online in your reservation. That is why I use the email system on the DVC site to make requests. You send an email providing your reservation including reservation number and set out your requests. They first send a fairly quick email acknowledging receipt. Then later (could be days), they send a confirmation email stating your requests have been added. Many months later when I forget if I ever made the requests or which ones I made, I just go to my saved emails for the trip and see what I did.
I do the same (and for the same reasons, LOL). FWIW, I think MS prefers this method as well (or at least their managers do). CMs can work the requests (which are rarely urgentt) during the times the phones aren't so busy. Plus, I think it's more likely the CM actually adds the note rather than just checking the same box available via online check-in. That's just a theory, though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter