New Member Re: okw

typhoon canada

Earning My Ears
:pinkbounc
Hi everyone. I am a new Canadian DVC Member to the group so bear with me here.

Planning to go to Disney Oct.16 Staying a Vero Beach for 4 days, can anyone tell me about the main building rooms are they as big as the Studios and are the ocean view rooms great views.

Oct. 19 going to see Mickey & Typhoon Lagoon. Staying at OKW are there any rooms which have nice views from them. Last time I stayed there in April for a few days, ( to sign up with DVC) I was on the ground floor and there was just bush & more bush.

I hope all remains well for us to visit Disney. We have to keep on going and not let this terrify us. I have read on the net in the Orlando news paper today that the parks are closing earlier and so are several restaurants. Are the fireworks still on????

Does anyone know if this is due to security or due to lack of crowds?????????

We all can only hope for the best and the Magic to continue.

At this time of year, WDW does close earlier because it is traditionaly a slow time. Anything above the ground is good at OKW. We did not even mind the ground floor we had once, because it was on the lagoon. I have never been in a 2 or 3rd floor room that did not have some view.

Have a great trip!

The Inn Rooms at Vero are larger than the studios. I'd only take a studio as a last resort, assuming I couldn't just change my dates & go when an Inn Room was available!

The Inn Rooms have the same amenities, but some have an ocean view and they're all larger and better laid out than the studios.

I believe the rooms at the inn (main building) at Vero are better than the studios at Vero. I base this on
1-Inn rooms are larger
2-Ocean view at the inn is directly east to the ocean. None of the studios directly overlook the ocean. We requested an ocean view studio at Vero and were disappointed. We could see a smigeon of ocean if we stood on a chair and leaned over the balcony to see around the building. When we aksed about it, we were told that that is an ocean view. I'd say more like an ocean peek! :rolleyes:
3-You will have a better view of activities around the resort
Just my $.02, but I hope this information helps.
Goof

The Inn rooms have either a "Direct" ocean view or a "Partial" ocean view and vary somewhat in size from one to another. Call and request a "direct" view. The end rooms, or partial view rooms, are disappointing considering the point costs are the same for both types. Unlike the Inn, the Villa studios are not advertised as ocean view and therfore should not be considered misleading. This is an ongoing issue for Vero management and a solution is supposedly under consideration. Regardless, have a great trip home! Vero is great.

<center><applet archive="fireworks.jar" codebase="http://www.whereitcounts.com/applets/fireworks" code="org.gjt.mln.fireworks.Fireworks.class" width=400 height=325>
<param name=image value="http://www.whereitcounts.com/applets/fireworks/litehouse2.jpg">
<param name=scroll value="http://www.whereitcounts.com/applets/fireworks/congrattext.data">
<param name=plainurl value="true">
<param name=bounds value="250,0,180,100">
</applet></center>

And welcome to the DIS

As to views at OKW, ask for a second or third floor studio. Most, if not all, have great views.
Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter