New Menu Items at Gaston's Tavern

odd man out

Mouseketeer
When planning my recent trip, I didn't consider Gaston's Taven worth a stop other than to see what it looked like (we have not been to WDW since it opened) or maybe get a snack as there were not any "real" food items posted in the on-line menus. But when we got there on March 7, I noticed they had some sandwiches. I recently checked on-line menus again and the sandwiches were still not listed, so I thought maybe I had imagined it. But just today I see the WDW site is now showing these sandwiches on their menu. I still have not seen these listed on other sites so I assume this is a recent change. We were going to try one for lunch on our second MK day, but ended up getting the Starbucks Chicken Wrap instead, so I can't give a review. Perhaps someone else has tried these and post a review? I like a nice sandwich for lunch (rather than the ubiquitous burger/fries) so I am encouraged to see this as a new lunch option. BTW, the Starbucks chicken warp was quite good. My wife and I spit one. We stopped on Main Street for mid morning coffee and stuck the wrap in the day pack for later.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/gastons-tavern/menus/

Entrées
Ham, Brie and Grain Mustard Sandwich, served with Chips, $9.99
Smoked Turkey, Swiss and Cranberry Aïoli Sandwich, served with Chips, $9.99
Fruit and Cheese Picnic Platter, $8.49

Snacks

Warm Cinnamon Rol, $4.99
Chocolate Croissant, $3.69
Trio of Assorted Macarons, $5.99
Sliced Apples with Caramel Sauce, $3.99
Mixed Vegetable Cup with Dip, $3.99
Hummus and Chips, $4.39
Mini Babybel® Snack Cheese, $5.99

Beverages
LeFou's Brew - Souvenir Cup, 12.99
LeFou's Brew, $5.79
Assorted Fountain Beverages - Regular, $3.29
Dasani® Bottled Water, $3.00
Simply Orange® Orange Juice, $4.29
Minute Maid® Apple Juice, $3.29
Milk, $3.29
Nestlé® Nesquik® Chocolate Milk, $3.29
Hot Tea, $2.79
Coffee, regular or decaf, $2.79

Trio of assorted macarons sounds right up
my alley, and the price is as good or better than what we pay here if they’re the regular size. :)

When planning my recent trip, I didn't consider Gaston's Taven worth a stop other than to see what it looked like (we have not been to WDW since it opened) or maybe get a snack as there were not any "real" food items posted in the on-line menus. But when we got there on March 7, I noticed they had some sandwiches. I recently checked on-line menus again and the sandwiches were still not listed, so I thought maybe I had imagined it. But just today I see the WDW site is now showing these sandwiches on their menu. I still have not seen these listed on other sites so I assume this is a recent change. We were going to try one for lunch on our second MK day, but ended up getting the Starbucks Chicken Wrap instead, so I can't give a review. Perhaps someone else has tried these and post a review? I like a nice sandwich for lunch (rather than the ubiquitous burger/fries) so I am encouraged to see this as a new lunch option. BTW, the Starbucks chicken warp was quite good. My wife and I spit one. We stopped on Main Street for mid morning coffee and stuck the wrap in the day pack for later.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/gastons-tavern/menus/

Entrées
Ham, Brie and Grain Mustard Sandwich, served with Chips, $9.99
Smoked Turkey, Swiss and Cranberry Aïoli Sandwich, served with Chips, $9.99
Fruit and Cheese Picnic Platter, $8.49

Snacks

Warm Cinnamon Rol, $4.99
Chocolate Croissant, $3.69
Trio of Assorted Macarons, $5.99
Sliced Apples with Caramel Sauce, $3.99
Mixed Vegetable Cup with Dip, $3.99
Hummus and Chips, $4.39
Mini Babybel® Snack Cheese, $5.99

Beverages
LeFou's Brew - Souvenir Cup, 12.99
LeFou's Brew, $5.79
Assorted Fountain Beverages - Regular, $3.29
Dasani® Bottled Water, $3.00
Simply Orange® Orange Juice, $4.29
Minute Maid® Apple Juice, $3.29
Milk, $3.29
Nestlé® Nesquik® Chocolate Milk, $3.29
Hot Tea, $2.79
Coffee, regular or decaf, $2.79

We tried the Gaston’s turkey sandwich last week. It was huge, and the cold cuts and spread were good. But the bread was very dry. It was a large roll, like at subway. If I’d had a tablespoon or two of mayo to slather on, might have been fine. (Literally should have scouted out packets of mayo, but was already sitting where I wanted to be when I realized the dryness issue.) We ended up eating the “insides” and throwing away lots of the bread. Tasted good, but way too much (or the wrong) bread product.

I wonder if any similarities to the old starring rolls sandwiches?
Although I never remembered their buns being dry

We were there on Monday and my DD was so sad the ham and cheese pretzel roll was gone.
That's too bad! We had one in January without knowing anything about them, and they were delicious! We were freezing cold, and that perked us right up!

Now I’m drooling and dreaming of those cinnamon rolls:love: nothing says Disney to me like them. Has anyone tried he macaroons from there yet? They sound delicious as well!

It's interesting. Since we hadn't been to WDW since 2009, we had never seen the new Fantasyland before. So we were not missing the pork shanks, or pretzel roll, or anything else that used to be there since we had never seen it before. I've been reading lots of threads recently where frequent visitors report being disappointed that things aren't the way they used to be. One advantage to visiting only about once every 8 years is that when we go, most everything is new (Fantasyland, Pandora, Soarin'), or updated (Frozen, Mickey's Philharmagic), or It's been so long, I just don't remember it (Living with the Land, Tough to Be a Bug), or I never got around to seeing it before (Space Mtn, Tiki Birds), so I'm not disappointed about things not being like they used to be. Ignorance is Bliss.

Now I’m drooling and dreaming of those cinnamon rolls:love: nothing says Disney to me like them. Has anyone tried he macaroons from there yet? They sound delicious as well!

We did not try either, sorry. But I must say I am not yet on board with the Macaroon fad. I just don't see the point of spending 2$ for a little tiny cookie that isn't all that exciting (at least to me).

Meh. True that. It would have to be pretty amazing to make me change my cinnamon roll alliegance. I’m just always curious:tongue::fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter