New parking rules??

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
Just got his again on DVC site, is the highlighted and underlined below new? I thought the original said any guest who wished to shop. If this is new than I guess Disney made a change and will charge regular guest from other Disney resorts to park and shop? I'm confused

"Walt Disney World Resort hotel parking

Effective for reservations made on March 21, 2018 and thereafter, Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.

Similar to Disney Vacation Club Resorts in California and Hawaii, Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply."

Yes, that is a new paragraph. However, it sounds to me like DVC is just clarifying that daytime parking is okay. Which will probably disappoint some guests staying at the Epcot resorts since parking is so tight at BWV and BCV and so many members park at those resorts to go to EPCOT.

Doubt the restrictive policies at the near park resorts will change. This just means if you are allowed in to park, you won't be charged. Doesn't mean everyone who wants to park at a resort to shop or dine is guaranteed to be let in.

Since the verbiage refers to "members" rather than "member's and/or their guests" technically renters of DVC points would have to pay for parking. I assume that in practice this won't be the case? Particularly since the parking is attached to the real property interest rather than being categorized as a 'member benefit.'

^Some have reported being told that the no charge policy is the same as that adopted for Aulani and VGC in that anyone having a DVC reservation is not charged for parking which would include those to whom members rent or give (such as to relatives) DVC reservations. I guess we will learn for sure soon, although that would be consistent with the statement in the announcement that "Guests staying at a Walt Disney Resort hotel will be charged" (an apparent limitation because the DVC resorts are not formally part of the "hotels") and the announcement above also distinguishes between "hotels" and "DVC resorts" in the second paragraph.

Like paults I wonder about the addition of the third paragraph if it means now Disney is going to charge non-DVC day guests for parking at the hotels.

Like paults I wonder about the addition of the third paragraph if it means now Disney is going to charge non-DVC day guests for parking at the hotels.

Doubt it. Renters are still staying on a member's DVC points. Those points have been or will be assessed management fees. Those same points that pay for the maintenance of the common areas of which include the parking lot.

Not talking about DVC renters. Talking about regular guests at other Disney resorts. If you pay at 1 resort can you visit them all because to paid once at your own resort.

Not talking about DVC renters. Talking about regular guests at other Disney resorts. If you pay at 1 resort can you visit them all because to paid once at your own resort.

Yep, I definitely misread it. But to answer your question, I don't think so given that the above communication is strictly for DVC members and not on the general site. Now, if the general WDW site regarding parking has this exact verbiage, well, then we might have something.

The exec office of DVC told me renters would not have to pay parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter