• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Passporter for Your Special Needs

Brightsy

Mouseketeer
I just got in the mail my copy of "PAssPorter's Walt Disney World for you Special Needs."
WOW! I've only been able thus far to cursorily page through it. I did focus some on the areas of most interest to me (ASD/ADHD and such). It's choc full of great info and tips! I'd say it's a must have and a great resource!

Sara

I was a peer reviewer for the book on mobility issues. There's a wealth of information in the book. It goes into detail on every attraction, restaurant and hotel. It covers the cruise line and the Wonder's ports. It helps you figure out which rooms to book if you have mobility issues, which restaurants to avoid if you're vegetarian, which rides are bad for autistic children, and more! Many different abilities are covered from mobility to autism, special diets to traveling with the elderly. It's awesome!

I highly recommend it (and no, I didn't get paid to be a peer reviewer or to post this reply!).

Sweet Sue :earsgirl:

Well, hi, sweetsue.
I was a peer reviewer for multiple issues.

Too cool! Two peer reviewers named Sue!

It was a blast (although time consuming) to review the book. I picked up all sorts of tips. My DD spent many a day coloring on the back of the pages I reviewed (I had given up trying to reading them on the screen).

Did you get your peer review copies in the mail? I haven't gotten mine yet.

Sweet Sue

sweetsue said:
Did you get your peer review copies in the mail? I haven't gotten mine yet.

Sweet Sue
I got them yesterday afternoon. So, yours should be something soon.

I ordered mine on Monday, so I would imagine it should be here soon. I'm really looking forward to reading the mobility section in particular.
I'm anxious to hear what everyone else thinks!

I got mine in on Friday!! So far, it is really great, I LOVE it!!! I'm sure it is going to be a wonderful resource for many, many people. Thanks to all who had a part in putting it together!!!
:thewave: Great job!!!!!

Hi Folks,

Thanks to those of you who have posted feedback on the book already. We are very interested to hear what people think. The goal is to make it as helpfull and as chock full of accurate information as we can, to empower folks to have a magical vacation.

We were very blessed to have such an awesome team of peer reviewers, over 30 people for all walks of life with all types of special needs. They provided great perspective and we so appreciate all the time they took to help make the book a reality! A tip of my Mickey ears to SueM and SweetSue who have posted on here as being on the review team....and to anyone else reading this that was part of the effort!

I look forward to your comments and questions. Feel free to post here or email me at deb@allearsnet.com

Thanks,

Deb

I received my Passporter last week and was thrilled. I have been getting the regular version for years, my next trip to Disney in six months will be after my hip replacement surgery and I wanted to make sure I planned for any difficulties I may or may not have when I get to the World. This book isi going to be a huge help in my planning!

A friend of mine is thinking of planning a trip to WDW and I was considering getting her this book to help out -- her son has Aspergers and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this book would be helpful to her??

Thanks!

kpk89 said:
A friend of mine is thinking of planning a trip to WDW and I was considering getting her this book to help out -- her son has Aspergers and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this book would be helpful to her??

Thanks!
It has quite a bit of information regarding autism spectum and ADD, so I think she would find it helpful. One of the most helpful things is descriptions of each attraction that tell what things to expect.
Some of the hints people give for any disability are things that seem common sense to someone with a disability who is experienced at travel (or just making little outings close to home), but it's always nice to have validation.
Here's a website that she may find helpful:
pixiedustinn.com
The webmaster is not updating it very often anymore, but it still has good insight into travel with people/children with sensitivities.

Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma have written an excellent, comprehensive travel guide and planner of Walt Disney World. Written for those with "special needs" and everyone that just plain cares about all people and want to understand those special needs. Everyone deserves to experience happiness. In Walt Disney World, there is so much to be happy about, and to experience, and to become a child at heart again.

Whether you are the caretaker, family, friend, or have health issues, then this wonderful, magical planner is for you. Deb Wills has for years prepared her www.AllEarsNet.com website with answers to questions about everything Disney.

Deb Wills has put every WDW menu, photo, resort, map, description imaginable on her website.

Now, Deb Wills and Debra Koma has authored a "special needs" WDW planner with coverage of 24 special needs categories. And comprehensive information to help you plan your special adventure, getting there and back,
staying in style, touring the world, dining your way.

More detailed, excellent descriptions of every Disney ride, attraction, resort, restaurant.

And maps of parks, resorts, rooms; lists of ratings and websites of all of the above. I love this book. It has given me a better understanding how I can enjoy Disney more than I do now.

And now, if you know friends with a special need, don't let them stay at home. Let everyone experience the Magic of Disney.

Deb Wills is the real deal. Visit her at AllEarsNet website to see what I mean, then buy this very special needs book to carry with you as you travel to Disney. Or give it as a gift if you know a friend or family member that wants to know everything about Disney and why they can go with you and experience the Magic.

Read this wonderful book and plan your vacation now.

Sincerely, Ray Sharpton :)

Would this special needs Passporter cover everything I need to know, or would I need the regular one too? I'm off to order it now. Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping it will really help prepare me for preparing the kids!

I have not seen the regular one, except to look at it in bookstores, but I was a peer reviewer on the special needs one. I think it should cover everything you need. I don't know how available the special needs one is in book stores, but I have seen the regular one there. You might want to wait until you get the special needs one and then go look at the other.
The regular Passporter has some things like pockets for receipts, a kind of place to keep a journal of the trip. I think there is a "tour" of it in the Passporter site (www.passporter.com)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter