• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New photos of Lighthouse Point

So close to 6 hours sailing time at normal cruising speed, given that the straight line distance is the minimum and water depths may require a longer route.
A nice, slow putting along overnight… maybe not doing too many donuts/ circles.

How’s this for trivia. Distances from CC to Nassau are very close to Nassau to LP.

IMG_7432.jpeg
IMG_7433.jpeg

My last long cruise, a 7 day, was back in 2006 but one of the best tips I read before hand, was to pack the night before the last day of the cruise. That way, you can completely enjoy the last day, into the evening, and then put your bag out in the hallway. It was awesome.

I'm confused, I'm looking at the map of Lighthouse Point, but not seeing an all adult beach? Surely there has to be one, right? It is a huge success on Castaway Cay.

There is one with its own cabanas and an adult dining area. But, I agree that the current map does not seem to show where it is.

For those that are visiting please come back and report how it was. Debating doing one of those double
dips.
I'm booked for June 8 Inaugural cruise to Lookout Cay. They are indeed offering reservations (sold out) for Serenity Bay Cabanas on "our adult-only beach reserved exclusively for Guests ages 18 and older."

The latest Disney Parks Blog news about food options also specifies the "Serenity Bay BBQ will serve adults exclusively."

As for the location, I don't remember seeing a map that labeled an adult beach. But this one from 2020 lists South and East beaches as a "Family" beaches, but not North Beach. So that was always my assumption where it would end up. I could be totally wrong though.
DCL-Lighthouse-Point02-Concept-Plan-20201119.jpg

As for the location, I don't remember seeing a map that labeled an adult beach. But this one from 2020 lists South and East beaches as a "Family" beaches, but not North Beach. So that was always my assumption where it would end up. I could be totally wrong though.
I saw that also. It seems really close to one of the family beaches, but there also does not seem to be another location.

I feel like they missed the mark with this. Maybe I'm the only one, but I was expecting another Castaway Cay with different food options and a few different activities (Zip line, perhaps?).

Not a fake cultural center, a combo family and adults only beach, gaming pavilion, parade, festival, etc.

It's like they looked at what Royal was doing with CocoCay and said "That's too expensive, we aren't willing to do that. Take this EPCOT-like pavilion idea or leave it."

Last edited:
I feel like they missed the mark with this. Maybe I'm the only one, but I was expecting another Castaway Cay with different food options and a few different activities (Zip line, perhaps?).

Not a fake cultural center, a combo family and adults only beach, gaming pavilion, parade, festival, etc.

It's like they looked at what Royal was doing with CocoCay and said "That's too expensive, we aren't willing to do that. Take this EPCOT-like pavilion idea or leave it."
CocoCay is the last thing I’d prefer them building on this beautiful island. Disney already has theme parks and water parks and would be best to continue offering simple offerings on their islands.

I do hope some future improvements come, some that were listed on the original map line a rope course. Just things that don’t take away from the natural beauty of the location.

This is all very odd. They put the cabanas right by the ship a mile from everything. And, note, it does not show swimming is an option by the cabanas either. Maybe just a misprint. Are cabana guests supposed to shuttle over to get food? Will the only option be delivery? Will there be private golf cart transport?

They put the adult beach and family beach on top of each other and put the family cabanas near nothing with possibly no water access.

It’s all very odd.

Yeah doesn't seem like there is much to do on this island, a cultural setting in this setting is inauthentic and certainly not the reason why I would want to go an visit. Could have done much better things with the space.

This is all very odd. They put the cabanas right by the ship a mile from everything. And, note, it does not show swimming is an option by the cabanas either. Maybe just a misprint. Are cabana guests supposed to shuttle over to get food? Will the only option be delivery? Will there be private golf cart transport?

They put the adult beach and family beach on top of each other and put the family cabanas near nothing with possibly no water access.

It’s all very odd.

I suspect the Mabrika cabanas (far left by the ship dock) are kind of like a concierge-level "quiet" cabanas with private beach. ($$$$)

I expect they'll include food delivery.

(I’m repeating the map photo for overall reference.)
IMG_7454.jpeg

I was surprised they put most of the beach part on the Eastern/ Atlantic side of the island. Perhaps in the Bahamas, it’s still so shallow as to be similar to the western side (it’s not that way on many Eastern Caribbean nations). But I think pre-Disney the Eastern side is where people visited.

Then I considered that it is really dependent on the tram for most guests. I often walked to the transfer point for Serenity Bay. Now, it’s tram all the way for most of us.

Bottomline, I expected development closer to the dock. Let’s hope and assume they picked the loveliest locations for us.

And maybe the designers of the development will have more experience with Disney’s island than the designers of the Wish did with cruise ships. 🤭

Based on photos, this is a beautiful piece of land. Looking forward to visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter