• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW Pizzerizzo Overview | Hollywood Studios - 11/18

I'm disappointed by the menu & with the interior. I was pleasantly surprised by the flatbread pizza at Pizzafari (the Mediterranean flatbread was decent . . . not wow but decent) & thought they would put flatbreads on the PizzeRizzo menu. I also thought they would do so much more with the decor. It's Rizzo & the Muppets for crying out loud. Just seems like a real lost opportunity to do something great. Bet there are some artists over at Henson Studios banging their heads against the wall on this one. Sad.

Some people seem to like Red Oven Pizza at Citywalk/Universal, but I ate there earlier this year and honestly wasn't impressed. It was perfectly edible, not bad at all... but I get better delivery at home.

I also feel their menu puts on airs a bit too much, and could use more standard pizzas for people not looking to be razzle-dazzled.

I was also upset by the fact that the concept of a green bell pepper seemed foreign to them. Conversation went something like, "Do you have green peppers?” “We have jalepenos!” “But do you have regular green peppers?” “We have jalepenos!” “GREEN BELL PEPPERS!” “We have jalepenos!”

This question shouldn’t have been so difficult considering they’re a pretty standard pizza ingredient everywhere else on earth. Never did get them.

And then I got really cheesed off when I sat down at my table, and my friend had red bell peppers on his pizza and I said, “Wth!? They have red bell peppers!? SERIOUSLY!?” … granted I was fishing for green, but the red would have been a nice alternative for the guy to freakin' mention instead of throwing jalepenos at me 3 times.
Yeah, that is pretty weird with the peppers. I mean - I don't even work @ a pizza place, and even I would have said "No - we don't have GREEN peppers (if they don't) - would you like red instead?"

There is no good pizza in central florida. (I haven't tried blaze pizza yet, but it might explain the 1-2 hour lines that place gets)

One of the things I've heard people say is that it's got a lot to do with the way Florida water tastes (that is to say, not good...). Good pizza dough, like food bagels begins with the water.

...at least that's what I've heard.

One of the things I've heard people say is that it's got a lot to do with the way Florida water tastes (that is to say, not good...). Good pizza dough, like food bagels begins with the water.

...at least that's what I've heard.

I don't really buy much stock in that because outside of nyc which is all different water sources with different treatments and they come out fine.

I was surprised how large the frozen pizza section of publix was compared to back int he nyc area.. now I get it, that's the best pizza in the area...

In addition to what @Accident says above, why wouldn't they just make the dough with filtered/distilled/purified water?

I was pleasantly surprised by the flatbread pizza at Pizzafari
Now flatbread pizza I think Disney does fairly well. Pinocchio Village Haus has had some good ones. Mara, the quick serve at AKL did also. I'm sure there are others but those are the first two that come to mind.

I'm in the same boat with the pizza. I do love traditional Neopolitan-style pizza (and we a couple solid options here in Atlanta). So, Via Napoli is the best for me. As for PizzeRizzo, the quality was really lacking. Not worse than its predecessor, but certainly not better. And, the required salad addition wasn't the best for me.

With that, the ballroom is an AMAZING addition. The random wedding songs had me actually chuckling throughout my meal. The rest of the restaurant really could use a bit more - well - character. It feels like generic New York pizzeria without the zany touches you think of for the Muppets. Luckily, that could easily be added - much like the new Sassagoula Float Works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter