• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Restriction for Thrill Riders...

DVCforMe

Mouseketeer
Just back from our end-of-the-school year trip to Disney World and I have a proposal for a new restriction on the thrill rides... Those people who do not believe in daily application of deodorant should not, I repeat, NOT raise their arms over their head for the entire ride! The olfactory special effects are not special for all riders. :crazy:

Other observations: The parks, particularly the bathrooms, were much cleaner than on our recent visits in January and April. Almost every bathroom we visited had an attendant keeping things clean and tidy. The crowds were growing, but manageable, with fastpass. DDE is great. It payed for itself after 2 character breakfasts (to get into the parks prior to opening) and lunch at Chef de France.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom (room 2556) at Wilderness Lodge - probably one of the least desirable rooms they have but it was still great. Our only request was non-smoking - on day 2 I realized there were ashtrays on the kitchen shelves and no non-smoking sign on the door. Must have been a smoking optional room that was odorless. The room is at the far end of the Boardwalk-like hallway with a view of the dumpster. It's a pretty neat looking dumpster - I had to make sure that's what it was before claiming we've had our turn at the dumpster view!

Now it's time to start serious planning of our October Beach Club Trip - Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP here we come!!!

I agree that it would be great if people who don't wear deodorant don't put their hands up. Yuck.

Oh, the dumpster view. Very cool. Do you pay extra for that? And can you just throw your trash out the window?

Karen

DVCforMe said:
Just back from our end-of-the-school year trip to Disney World and I have a proposal for a new restriction on the thrill rides... Those people who do not believe in daily application of deodorant should not, I repeat, NOT raise their arms over their head for the entire ride! The olfactory special effects are not special for all riders. :crazy:
:rotfl:
funny

dianeschlicht said:
LOL, but not if you happen to be on the ride with the offending pit owner! ;)
One time I was stuck sitting next to a Dad and his daughter who had a very full diaper in Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Eeeew! It stunk SO bad!:scared: :faint:

Once, on a trip several years ago, we were visiting US and entered the line for the Back to the Future ride. It because clear almost immediately that a man in front of us absolutely reeked w/B.O. Several people got in line behind us so we couldn't just turn around and exit. I forged ahead thinking there would be somewhere ahead of us that the line would split...no luck! No matter how hard I tried, I still ended up sitting next to him on the ride.

We laugh about it now, but at the time it was literally making me sick being enclosed in that car...I thought the ride would never end! How can anyone smell sooo bad and not realize it, or do something about it?

DVCforMe said:
Those people who do not believe in daily application of deodorant should not, I repeat, NOT raise their arms over their head for the entire ride! The olfactory special effects are not special for all riders. :crazy:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm just gonna wait for this to start showing up on signs. Or maybe announcements, like on the monorail. I wonder what it would sound like in Spanish?

They could have a CM direct those with smelly pits to the right and the rest to the left. :rotfl2:

CRSNDSNY said:
One time I was stuck sitting next to a Dad and his daughter who had a very full diaper in Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Eeeew! It stunk SO bad!

Wow what is it about that ride that makes kids poop? I had a mom change the extremely stinky diaper of a screaming kid on that attraction last year. :crazy2: :faint: She was sitting right next to me! And the kid didn't stop screaming even with the clean diaper, so THEN she left. I guess I should be grateful I didn't have to hear the wails through the whole show. :rolleyes:

I'm just gonna wait for this to start showing up on signs. Or maybe announcements, like on the monorail. I wonder what it would sound like in Spanish?[/QUOTE]

I think this might be close enough........

Para el consuelo de otros, si usted no utiliza desodorante, por favor no levanta sus brazos sobre la cabeza durante este paseo. Gracias!!

Wait until you fly to some countries in Europe on native flag planes. I know someone who did (at that time is was the only carrier flying there). It was to one of the countries where deodorant is not the custom. They were clean and pleasant, just don't wear deodorant.

idratherbeinwdw said:
Wow what is it about that ride that makes kids poop? I had a mom change the extremely stinky diaper of a screaming kid on that attraction last year. :crazy2: :faint: She was sitting right next to me! And the kid didn't stop screaming even with the clean diaper, so THEN she left. I guess I should be grateful I didn't have to hear the wails through the whole show. :rolleyes:

I also have to wonder what makes a parent think that it's OK to change that diaper right out in front of the rest of the world? Somehow, when Walt was imagining his theme park as a place for families to be together, that wasn't quite what he had in mind.... :rolleyes:

I saw a baby getting the diaper changed on one of the tall tables at the wine and food festival :earseek: I couldn't believe it. Needless to say I always wipe off those tables now and never put my food directly on the table.

CRSNDSNY said:
One time I was stuck sitting next to a Dad and his daughter who had a very full diaper in Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Eeeew! It stunk SO bad!:scared: :faint:

that was probably us :sad2: . i agree that the little mermaid is a poop inducing show . i swear my kids soil themselves every time. maybe it's the big scary ursula? :rotfl:

Nanajo1 said:
I saw a baby getting the diaper changed on one of the tall tables at the wine and food festival :earseek: I couldn't believe it. Needless to say I always wipe off those tables now and never put my food directly on the table.

Those small Purells come in handy. Carry them around all the time. Squirt some on the table and wipe it with a napkin.

dianeschlicht said:
LOL, but not if you happen to be on the ride with the offending pit owner! ;)

or....
when you're one of the first on the bus and thankful to have a seat, until....
same said offending pit owner is the strap-hanger directly in front of you :scared: :eek: :crazy2:

Disney has always been a pit-hazard because of crowds and heat, I guess. I can clearly recall being on a boat ride back to Fort Wilderness, back in the late 1970's. I was about 10 and I kept smelling something AWFUL and kept asking Mom what is was... She kept shushing me... When we got to FW she explained that the smell was the man sitting near us! EEEEEW! My first BO encounter...

I think when you get people in crowds and it is hot and they are half dehydrated, there is bound to be some stinking going on! :) A theme park near us in Indiana gives out free sunscreen... Maybe WDW needs to make "free deodorant stations!" :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter